The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

There is as much chance DCFC being liquidated as me spending this afternoon in bed with Michelle Keegan. Happy for you to continue with your doom and gloom speculation. 

For the record, Michelle is filming for a new series at the mo., but we are hoping to hook up early in April.

Who is Michelle keegan? I am sure George Clooney may have a chance? 

54 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

the fact that he could allow any deal to go through more easily regarding the stadium was the only thing that stopped me totally piling in on him as optimistically I still had a vague belief that he would do the right thing as an alleged fan of the club. However you have it spot on. Agreeing to an accord with Gibson was done in his usual grandstanding way with no hint of remorse. It also made everything seem worse because as you say if he could do it, he could have done it at the beginning. suspect he is waiting to do a second grand gesture expecting us all to fall at his feet in gratitude as the great messiah. Its too late. Anyone who could put the fans, staff, coaches and players through this if he didnt have to is absolute ?and narcissist.  If for some reason he cant help why wouldnt he just apologise and explain?

Way I see it is that Boro claimed against both Derby and against Morris. It had to be made clear to Boro that there was no prospect of them getting anything from us for Gibson to agree to go after only Morris instead. 

so I would not give Morris any credit for agreeing to accept the claim personally with Gibson .. but no blame either for not doing it earlier. 

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

There is as much chance DCFC being liquidated as me spending this afternoon in bed with Michelle Keegan. Happy for you to continue with your doom and gloom speculation. 

For the record, Michelle is filming for a new series at the mo., but we are hoping to hook up early in April.

Ahhh wondered why she was in a rush to get away this morning ??‍♂️

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I am happy to take the credit  risk. If I lose £500 it’s bad news. If I lose the football club it’s worse than bad news.

Yes i get your point i purchase three each season and they could have my cash and a bit more if they asked me for it , believe me after all i have been through personally, i am a glass half full type of person but i am starting to look at this at the moment as a glass nearly empty of railway porter so will anyone on here fill me up,please.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Unless Mel puts his hand in his pocket regarding the stadium then I can’t see any scenario where we would avoid a -15 penalty - unless someone is willing to lease the ground from him

Ive seen comments saying if we start next season on -15 points then the new owners will be off to a bad start with the fans as they’ve taken penalties to secure a bargain price. The going rate for a big league one club is c.£27m (Sunderland). Admins said early on all bidders were considering us as a league one club. We’ve already had a failed bid from the Binnies for £30m, so the prices are already over the odds!! We don’t have Derby fans looking to buy us, we are not being bought on the cheap. Buyers are having to pay over the odds and that won’t clear debts sufficiently to avoid -15 next season. I’m not surprised Q are stalling for more time to try desperately to increase offers. I will be thankful for any owner to take on this poo state of affairs.

Only person who can change this is Mel with the stadium but if he’d swallowed the £20m on the stadium - we’d have probably been bought last summer without the need of administration. The fact he hasn’t doesn’t suggest he will be inclined to change his mind. 

Fair point about Sunderland, which would include the stadium, etc.  Ipswich were sold last April for £40M, again including the ground, facilities, etc.  In each case though, that would likely mean -15 points next season on the assumption MM doesn’t budge on his £20M for PP.  Comparing to Ipswich, you’d think that overall we might be a better prospect.  No investment is needed at PP and we have top class training facilities that are worthy of a PL club.  This also means off-field income can be greater.

Either way, Championship or League 1, it’s still a tough sell with the size of debt, not owning the ground.  If we remove our emotional attachment, which bidders won’t have, it’ll be tough to get a bid that avoids a 15 point deduction.  But an astute businessman would probably think that’s a gamble worth taking.  If you turn it round, make the club sustainable, you could easily make it an attractive club/business in 3-5 years.  And a huge slice of luck too!!

10 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Fair point about Sunderland, which would include the stadium, etc.  Ipswich were sold last April for £40M, again including the ground, facilities, etc.  In each case though, that would likely mean -15 points next season on the assumption MM doesn’t budge on his £20M for PP.  Comparing to Ipswich, you’d think that overall we might be a better prospect.  No investment is needed at PP and we have top class training facilities that are worthy of a PL club.  This also means off-field income can be greater.

Either way, Championship or League 1, it’s still a tough sell with the size of debt, not owning the ground.  If we remove our emotional attachment, which bidders won’t have, it’ll be tough to get a bid that avoids a 15 point deduction.  But an astute businessman would probably think that’s a gamble worth taking.  If you turn it round, make the club sustainable, you could easily make it an attractive club/business in 3-5 years.  And a huge slice of luck too!!

I think this is the common sense and pragmatic approach.

If we imagine worst case for a second and next season this is a L1 business.

Considering all the work that will need doing, Promotion isn't realistic anyway for me.  So does an owner spend extra tens of millions just to start on 0 points?  When they can spend much less, and take the -15 hit, knowing their investment is much cheaper and realistically, the money they have to input is the same either way.  You'd suspect they'd back themselves to put something together to overcome 15 points.  

But ultimately, any prospective owner is looking from a profit/loss perspective and the potential in years to come.  If survival is achieved this season, maybe that alters things? It may not.  But I can see why a prospective owner would be unwilling to pay the vast amounts required to avoid the -15 points.  

Once a takeover is complete, this is a total rebuild of a football club, not a kick-start.  

1 minute ago, SBW said:

I think this is the common sense and pragmatic approach.

If we imagine worst case for a second and next season this is a L1 business.

Considering all the work that will need doing, Promotion isn't realistic anyway for me.  So does an owner spend extra tens of millions just to start on 0 points?  When they can spend much less, and take the -15 hit, knowing their investment is much cheaper and realistically, the money they have to input is the same either way.  You'd suspect they'd back themselves to put something together to overcome 15 points.  

But ultimately, any prospective owner is looking from a profit/loss perspective and the potential in years to come.  If survival is achieved this season, maybe that alters things? It may not.  But I can see why a prospective owner would be unwilling to pay the vast amounts required to avoid the -15 points.  

Once a takeover is complete, this is a total rebuild of a football club, not a kick-start.  

But with the potential then of owning a League 2 business the season after ?

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Logically then, if we exit contrary to EFL policy, we won't have agreed a business plan, but will have tacitly agreed to take the 15 point hit. I've not read of any additional sanctions, so we would have avoided the business plan.

In the unlikely event that I'm right, it could easily make taking points penalty a more attractive option, assuming that the new owner is wealthy enough to deliver a competitive League 1 squad - and saving a few million could only help with that.

The EFL have been quite clear that the 12-point hit for going into administration is just PART ONE of their punishment.  PART TWO is the imposed Business Plan.  "This is to avoid clubs gaining a competitive advantage by going to into administration, wiping out debts and harming the integrity of the competition". The 15-point penalty is the Insolvency Policy Bonus punishment.

35 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Nothing to report I see, but Wazza was told 4-5 working days by Q, so perhaps an announcement by Wednesday? Hoping Mel is cogitating over his roast beef and coming to a decision re the stadium.

7A26D57C-E58B-4614-A6A0-9F03E3F57B78.gif

I wouldn't take any notice of any timescale set by the administrators. They have a proven track record of being BS.

That said, they are going to be right eventually I suppose.

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Missed the £40m Ipswich deal. That’s interesting makes me slightly more hopeful of avoiding -15 although still difficult if Mel won’t budge on £20m for stadium.

On 12/03/2022 at 13:03, S8TY said:

I may be totally wrong but for me if Mel was to say the ground is free to new owner it will help enormously …yes it means he writes off the 20m or whatever he / msd want but I think he should do this….this will enable new owner to at least own the ground or as it stands all a PB will be buying is a few players not out of contract end of season cmon Mel do the right thing and help us!!!! You left us in this mess ??

imagine if you were Mel and Ashley said:  I need you to pay off the debt on the stadium for free if the club is relegated.

I think you might say ‘Ok I agree, because I want to ensure liquidation is avoided.  But if I do that,  I need to share in your upside as the club recovers. 

that might be where the discussions are and - if so - it’s a complicated negotiation 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

so I would not give Morris any credit for agreeing to accept the claim personally with Gibson

I’d be interested to know what MM would need to do for you to give him any credit. 

The ‘claim’ Gibbo threatened was MFC against dcfc. It was a weak and speculative claim.

Any claim against MM directly would have even weaker and more speculative. To suggest he didn’t have the interests of the club at heart in agreeing the settlement is facile  

21 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Missed the £40m Ipswich deal. That’s interesting makes me slightly more hopeful of avoiding -15 although still difficult if Mel won’t budge on £20m for stadium.

He is probably more interested in picking up a seized yacht on the cheap. 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’d be interested to know what MM would need to do for you to give him any credit. 

The ‘claim’ Gibbo threatened was MFC against dcfc. It was a weak and speculative claim.

Any claim against MM directly would have even weaker and more speculative. To suggest he didn’t have the interests of the club at heart in agreeing the settlement is facile  

We don't know whether MM  has settled any amount with Gibson.. it was described as an "accord". So the only settlement might be Gibson agreeing to go after Morris alone rather than Morris and DCFC (and it was originally against both I believe as both the Boro and DCFC statements suggest the claim was not just against DCFC).  

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

imagine if you were Mel and Ashley said:  I need you to pay off the debt on the stadium for free if the club is relegated.

I think you might say ‘Ok I agree, because I want to ensure liquidation is avoided.  But if I do that,  I need to share in your upside as the club recovers. 

that might be where the discussions are and - if so - it’s a complicated negotiation 

He might tell Morris he can keep his stadium and Derby will play their home games elsewhere.