The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, SirBrian said:

EFL have to answer how CK passed their fit and proper test along with the arrogant Q, so the fit and proper test is not worth the paper its written on, wait a minute Ridsdale passed it says it all, on a serious note for Derby how much these 2 cowboys cost Derby, hope we take action for compensation.

Fair point but never mind the EFL and Q, he managed to convince Garry Cook, Paul Stretford and, later on, Rooney.  He even got one of them to lend him some money.

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Uncle Paul can’t ask DCFC for the money back, because the FA will b****** him for making a loan to a club. 

So he has to say it was a loan to CK (who then funded the club). 

Problem is, we’ve heard nothing about a loan agreement between CK and the club. So may not be easy for CK to get the money back given that he pulled his bid

So in summary, that nice man Uncle Paul might just have made a gift of 1.6m to the club.

Well it’s no less that DC deserves 

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Fair point but never mind the EFL and Q, he managed to convince Garry Cook, Paul Stretford and, later on, Rooney.  He even got one of them to lend him some money.

Don’t think CK was doing the persuading. I think it’s more likely that Stretford persuaded CK to buy an English football club (Preston or derby would do), one where Wayne could hone his management skills and continue to earn a hefty salary. 

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

If the club choose to share details of anything so be it and that's great but when/if you pay for a concert/theatre ticket do you expect to see details of their expenditure first?  We have no idea what Mr Clowes has agreed to on an ongoing basis on buying the club and that's fine. 
You think the discussions on here are are anal about amortisation which is at least football related - what will happen if the stationery budget figures are available?

I think caps on player wages are pretty fundamental, and quite controversial. It is rule imposed on us by EFL... £8 million might be only 40% of revenue.. compared to 60% for the rest of league One, and higher amounts for other recently relegated teams. I would like that to be openly discussed not leaked selectively to EFL's stooges in the media , particularly to that fantasist Matt Hughes.

If different rules are being applied to Derby than to other teams I would like to know what those rules are.. were Wigan limited to player wages of 40% of their revenue when they exited admin? 

Here’s an idea. Now that we’re out of administration and hopefully on a more stable and sustainable path, why don’t we Derby County supporters take off our amateur detective hats, stop stressing about every aspect of our finances, business plans, the machinations of the EFL, the finances of other clubs, what our wage limit is and so on and so forth and, I don’t know, watch and enjoy some football?

Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Here’s an idea. Now that we’re out of administration and hopefully on a more stable and sustainable path, why don’t we Derby County supporters take off our amateur detective hats, stop stressing about every aspect of our finances, business plans, the machinations of the EFL, the finances of other clubs, what our wage limit is and so on and so forth and, I don’t know, watch and enjoy some football?

Just a thought.

Ahhh, Closing down debate...I gotcha ?

7 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Just a thought.

Balls to that. 

I'm waiting for Spreadsheet Manager 2023 to come out, before hitting it 16 hrs a day.

10 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Just a thought.

Eh?

You mean, talk football?

33 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I guess what it is and how much is irrelevant. As is what we think. Our new owner agreed to it and signed up to stay within the business plan. If he’s happy with it then so be it 

Did he have any choice? None of these things are irrelevant.. having different rules for Derby than for other teams is not irrelevant, you wouldnt demand that Derby have to take penalty kicks from the half way line when everyone else has to take them from the penalty spot. Why should we be capped at 40% of revenue when other teams are only capped at 60% of revenue?  

15 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ahhh, Closing down debate...I gotcha ?

Pointless debate, yes.  
I mean, if prattling on about things we can’t influence and don’t matter floats your boat, go for it. 
While we were in admin I can fully understand the need to analyse the minutiae of every aspect of the club’s finances, the EFL and so on; we were on the brink of disappearing - of course these things were going to occupy our collective minds. If nothing else it was cathartic.

But it’s over.
Time to rejoice. Time to look forward. Raking over old coals is only going to lead to ulcers. 

Edited by LazloW

8 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Pointless debate, yes.  
I mean, if prattling on about things we can’t influence and don’t matter floats your boat, go for it. 
While we were in admin I can fully understand the need to analyse the minutiae of every aspect of the club’s finances, the EFL and so on; we were on the brink of disappearing - of course these things were going to occupy our collective minds. If nothing else it was cathartic.

But it’s over.
Time to rejoice. Time to look forward. Raking over old coals is only going to lead to ulcers. 

I get your point.. but why hasn't Fozzy signed a new deal? Why have we only got one goalie? And no right backs if Byrne doesnt stop playing truant? My guess is that the £8m wage cap is stopping us recruiting as we would like. And we might have to sell players or deal with more desertions.    It isn't really fair for us to continue to be penalised.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I get your point.. but why hasn't Fozzy signed a new deal? Why have we only got one goalie? And no right backs if Byrne doesnt stop playing truant? My guess is that the £8m wage cap is stopping us recruiting as we would like. And we might have to sell players or deal with more desertions.    It isn't really fair for us to continue to be penalised.

I actually think it may be more because of man power rather than finances per say. Liam has already said Derby lacks a recruitment team that is typically 15 people, he’s said he’s got an analyst essentially doing a ton of leg work that isn’t his role. The fact in less than two weeks following admin we have done the amount we have in the transfer market is testament to everyone. 

Maybe the reason we only have one goalkeeper is because we had put a lot of work into getting rushworth but we couldn’t confirm he would be number one so he went elsewhere. So now that depleted team of people are having to do what they can to recruit further players - I assume by the end of this week another 3 or 4 will be signed up and that could well include fozzy and a goalie. 

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We agreed to whatever deal we signed.

Maybe that's as much as DC is prepared to invest anyway, so it's a moot point?

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Don't think that's the case.

I can't see us signing the likes of Hourihane and Chester - who I imagine will have quite high wages - if it stopped us signing other players in positions of much greater need.

5 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Ok Roy but we may get more than £8 m in ticket money plus all the add ons. So we could actually make a profit? Would we be the only team in the Efl to make a profit? 

£8m will be the limit on first team player wages. You still have younger players, academy players, other staff (coaches, kit men, physios, recruitment, analysis team, academy staff, groundsmen, cleaners, etc...), utility bills, Bielik's transfer installments, and likely much much.

If we make a profit without any player sales I'll eat my left foot live on the pitch.

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think CK was doing the persuading. I think it’s more likely that Stretford persuaded CK to buy an English football club (Preston or derby would do), one where Wayne could hone his management skills and continue to earn a hefty salary. 

According to the salary experts on here and on OTIB and also the mainstream UK media, Wayne was being paid £90,000 a week as the Rams manager, a figure which frankly I totally disbelieve. His new salary at DC United as reported by both the UK and USA media as being $1 million a year ( a figure which will be verifiable as MLS clubs publish all their salaries every year) which on todays exchange rate is £847,457 a year some £16,297 a week, that is 82% lower or only 1/6th  of his alleged DCFC salary. So all the comments and criticism about his alleged DCFC salary are total B.S. FWIW I do not believe he was drawing a salary when he resigned.

DCFC asked him to continue as manager, he said to them in all honesty it was time for a new captain of the ship,  a fact I believe. What I find interesting are the posters who were dead set against him last season continuing as manager now accuse him of being a greedy bar steward, when in fact he has moved on at a small fraction of the salary they allege he was on. The facts do not fit their narrative.

He has gone to manage a basket case in the MLS and I am convinced he will show he can be a great manager. 

Edited by Charlotte Ram
poor spelling

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£8m will be the limit on first team player wages. You still have younger players, academy players, other staff (coaches, kit men, physios, recruitment, analysis team, academy staff, groundsmen, cleaners, etc...), utility bills, Bielik's transfer installments, and likely much much.

If we make a profit without any player sales I'll eat my left foot live on the pitch.

Ah yes Bielik transfer instalments (or straight line depreciation) still to allow for that's true. Your left leg should be safe.