The Administration Thread

Boycie

32 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I went down to Pride Park this morning because I wanted to appreciate just how lucky we are to have a future to look forward to. I walked round it a couple of times and enjoyed a sarnie and a coke at Greggs.  It was so quiet and peaceful and it was good to be there and to be able to relax.

Here's to those days when it's buzzing with noise and excitement again and the game is the main subject being discussed!

You’re so right. I love doing my match reports, a little because I like the sound of my own voice, but mostly it’s the sharing belonging to something bigger having a common goal. It was grim towards the end despite some good results and battling performances because there was this dark cloud and lead weight hanging on and over you, the joy went out of it. 

Of course we want to be measuring ourselves against “big” teams but for me it’s always been about sport and level playing fields, the two strong men standing face to face, 11 v 11 .. the smell of the fried onions, the unbridled joy of ball back of net and my team. 

I am filled with anticipation and delight. It’s a clean slate. We’re going to revel in it. New players, new hopes, new banter, new triumphs and disasters (small ones obviously ?

Can we adapt Wardy’s save me song for DC ? 

16 hours ago, Yani P said:

I see the Bristol C brain dead are up in arms that we have apparently got away with it..

I mean seriously....they are utter morons..

Won't ruin a perfect day though..been celebrating Canada Day and get the perfect news that our club is safe and in good hands..

I went on the Bristol forum for the first time today and couldn’t believe how vitriolic a couple of them were towards us, they seem amazingly concerned about any money that HMRC might not get.

Seems I’ve been banned already for asking how much tax their Guernsey based tax exile pays in the UK and how much income he makes here. 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Brauhaus Georgbraeu in Berlin does a meter of beer consisting of 12 x 25cl beers. IIRC though you only get 4 x 3 different beers. It's meant for sharing. Great pub anyroad if you're ever in Berlin.

Is this the one that is brought to you're table, Has it's own tap where you serve yourself, If so I've been there, It was a union jolly from RR, All expenses paid, Wow amazing how much one can drink when not having to put ones hand in ones own pocket ? 

16 hours ago, Yani P said:

I see the Bristol C brain dead are up in arms that we have apparently got away with it..

I mean seriously....they are utter morons..

Won't ruin a perfect day though..been celebrating Canada Day and get the perfect news that our club is safe and in good hands..

Yes Mr PoopHisPantsALot  on Only Twits In Bristol is still apoplectic that he doesn’t have all the outstanding DCFC accounts to feed into his spreadsheets to keep himself busy on his long lonely nights. 

21 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Is this the one that is brought to you're table, Has it's own tap where you serve yourself, If so I've been there, It was a union jolly from RR, All expenses paid, Wow amazing how much one can drink when not having to put ones hand in ones own pocket ? 

Not when I went (c.2011) - they were brought to the table. You might be thinking of a place called The Pub, which does that.

2 hours ago, Miggins said:

I went down to Pride Park this morning because I wanted to appreciate just how lucky we are to have a future to look forward to. I walked round it a couple of times and enjoyed a sarnie and a coke at Greggs.  It was so quiet and peaceful and it was good to be there and to be able to relax.

Strange - Greggs is usually busy

38 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

I went on the Bristol forum for the first time today and couldn’t believe how vitriolic a couple of them were towards us, they seem amazingly concerned about any money that HMRC might not get.

Seems I’ve been banned already for asking how much tax their Guernsey based tax exile pays in the UK and how much income he makes here. 

That can also be applied to Marinakis. I wonder how much tax he pays, both in the UK and in Greece. Greek millionaires are notorious for paying very little tax, or at least they were before the 2008 crash.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Why does anyone waste their time looking on the Bristol City forum?!

Bristol City are nondescript enough, never mind a bloody Bristol City forum.

Well, I take a peek every now and again to see if I'm being libeled or threatened with violence ?

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Why does anyone waste their time looking on the Bristol City forum?!

Bristol City are nondescript enough, never mind a bloody Bristol City forum.

I did take a quick look earlier out of curiosity, the fact that they have Chris Martin and aren’t having a heated debate that will never end pretty much sums it all up to me.

An absolute site of amateurs who don’t deserve Chris Martin.

(come home Chrissy ?)

1 hour ago, jono said:

I am filled with anticipation and delight. It’s a clean slate. We’re going to revel in it. New players, new hopes, new banter, new triumphs and disasters (small ones obviously ?)

This is the future I'm hoping for as well. Anticipation and delight. Rome wasn't built in a day, but Pompeii was destroyed in a day. It takes longer to re-build than to destroy and we have to be patient, encouraging and positive going forward to play our part in the rebuild..

Also on the 'new' list is a new first-time manager. He seems a good guy and I really hope he makes a success of the job.  We've also got a new owner whose letter to the fans was such a lesson in humility, lack of ego and class - I really believe we have got a good one here.

COYR! ????!!

On 01/07/2022 at 17:03, Chopper said:

It was this that made me a little nervous a while back, 23 retained players. I could see the efl saying thats the lot and making us do a one in one out for 2 years.

The EFL will look to avoid any further sanctions. The shoe is on the other foot now, they're the ones under threat. There has been a significant softening of attitude it seems, since Gibson and Morris settled and parliament began debating reform.

Coincidence?