The Administration Thread

Boycie

My ITK source also confirmed today, that as speculated by some members on here, Rooney's wages could not be sustained going forward and that was a major underlying factor in his decision to leave.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The average L1 club has revenue of £6m. Given SCMP rules, that means the average L1 club has a player wage bill of less than £4m.

Derby will have an estimated revenue of £15-18m next season. Even if the EFL imposed an astoundingly tough punishment of 25% of revenue of wages (a third of what a normal club relegated from the Championship can spend) then we'd still be on par with the average L1 club.

Rules have to be the same for everyone. Wigan certainly didn't have anything close to a 25% limit when relegated whilst in administration. That would be a wage bill of about £1.75m. They were also allowed to spend significant sums on players the transfer window immediately following them exiting administration. It would be equivalent to us spending £2m on one player, then still spending more on other players.

Rules have to be the same for everyone, are you sure.

53 minutes ago, roboto said:

Don’t think they can offer a permanent position while the ownership is still up for grabs. Small steps though and I assume he will be confirmed with the full position once the takeover is across the line.

Makes sense ?

9 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Hopefully by Wednesday all this will be over and we can start to move forward. Fingers crossed ? ?

I don't think you have to sustain the discomfort of crossing your fingers anymore Barrow. The light at the end of the tunnel is now dazzling. This is the culmination of a lot of hard work by David Clowes and others over the past few weeks. I fully expect Andy Appleby to be involved. I am told Sam Rush put a lot of effort in behind the scenes but it is not his desire to return to the club.

36 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Given the machine-like efficiency DC is showing in ticking the boxes, I'd not be surprised if those conversations were already underway. I'm pleasantly surprised at how swiftly things are now moving ?

Ditto.My gut feeling is that he gave his “approval” to Rosenior’s interim appointment.

8 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

My ITK source also confirmed today, that as speculated by some members on here, Rooney's wages could not be sustained going forward and that was a major underlying factor in his decision to leave.

But but, We were told by journalists and close sources that he was wanting to spend more time with the family, Sorry, Take his coaching badges.

Makes a great deal of sense, The wedge saved will come in handy for players ?

10 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Well in one papers today said wayans wife asked him to leave derby how true that is I am not sure off.

13 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Not sure how that works though....if he's contracted to x amount of pounds a week then that's a contractual obligation which his employer has to uphold?

Unless you are legally entitled to vary a persons contract when their employer is in administration?

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

But but, We were told by journalists and close sources that he was wanting to spend more time with the family, Sorry, Take his coaching badges.

Makes a great deal of sense, The wedge saved will come in handy for players ?

Sorry to see him go Alf but the days of reckless spending are hopefully behind us. We got through 1984, 2006, then the overspend in the 11 points season and now seemingly Mel Morris. That's more than enough in a lifetime for the likes of you and I. Sensible housekeeping will suffice for me from now on.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well in one papers today said wayans wife asked him to leave derby how true that is I am not sure off.

I saw that too. That could also be true B4.

1 minute ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Sorry to see him go Alf but the days of reckless spending are hopefully behind us. We got through 1984, 2006, then the overspend in the 11 points season and now seemingly Mel Morris. That's more than enough in a lifetime for the likes of you and I. Sensible housekeeping will suffice for me from now on.

And for me Brailsford, My take on WR changed from indifferent to I like the guy, He kept the ship afloat while the club was drowning around him, I'd be content with winning more than losing for a couple of seasons, Then see how the land lies...onwards and upwards.

COYRs