The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You only have to look who wants to buy Birmingham City...An MP has told the EFL to look again at this fantasist...Again! 

This chap?

Laurence Bassini, who is looking to buy into Birmingham City, has been declared bankrupt twice and, in behaviour that wis definitely not 'shady', changed his name by deed poll after the first one. And he was banned from all football for three years, too.

6 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Nixon also saying in the article that deal with HMRC is non negotiable but that admin fees are.

He’s guessing - as usual. It’s not a story. It’s not even information. And there’s no way the admins would come out and say “oh yeah we’re open to negotiation, quick somebody tell Nixon!”  Ffs 

15 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Football hatred on twitter is vile but on this DCFC fans forum I cannot remember ever seeing such extremes but admit the mods would remove. However, the name of the forum is a clue here and your posts are often so negative it is no wonder your support of dcfc is questioned on a dcfc fans forum. And football rivalry however vitriolic can never be ranked with racism or homophobia where legal protections against quite rightly apply. 

If you actually look through my posts, you will find plenty of positive ones.

You will also find plenty of acknowledgment and shared opinion of my concerns (or perceived negative posts) and you will find plenty of other posters voicing similar or worse concerns than mine.

And you are correct, there is no evidence of hatred on this forum and there are several posters on here who were initially suspicious of my motives that now appear to have accepted that I have no agenda here.

I am just a very concerned bystander with some very long standing personal attachments to the club.

I cant help feeling and seeing what I see. I called CK out with the holding email / tweet before the bank holiday, I called out the bank holiday lies too. I'm not looking for a pat on the back and nor do I take any pleasure from it. I look forward to the day I can say good luck for the future with your new owner and disappear back under my stone.

But, in the meantime I continue to read between the lines of all the statements and press stories as I am not as emotionally attached as you guys.

As I've said before, as a football fan I know what it means to you and how much you must be hurting.

My choice of club doesn't change that. ❤

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Selling tickets would be a huge difference in finances and yes potentially the likes of Belick departing would make a big difference if the finances were right but I can’t not see us being in administration when we kick off even if we have a new buyer because it simply takes time to sort everything out and we kick off at the end of July 

Not sure how we would be able to sell  Belick given the fact we still owe approx 7m for him to Arsenal and given his injuries unlikely anyone would pay that ,,more likely leave on a loan to get him off the wage bill  but that would still leave us with the bill for him to pay so not sure which way is for the best

I assume he wants a place in Poland's world cup squad and not sure thats achievable playing 3rd division football

19 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Rooney was trumpeting in November that we would stay up, attracting a lot of attention. Pouring fuel on Gibson’s fire. Where were you when @RoyMac5(and several of my other admirers) peppered me with laughing emojis for saying he should sell the trumpet and buy a boxwood flute ?

I can't remember the exact date of my post but I think I was talking with the benefit of hindsight and a certain degree of irony - I wasn't suggesting that we chuck the towel in at any stage.

12 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Banks back then weren't as regulated as they are today, Banks today will still employ those practices...your personal manager is still hiding in the cupboard, The banking crisis years ago in the UK and USA billions and billions were lost or syphoned off...how many ended up doing jailtime? If there's money to be made...ethics go out of the window, If you've made millions or billions of £s there'll be some questionable ethical practises used to gain that fortune.

The Co-op unloaded DCFC for £3, Ethical or unethical, The buyers were the ones that shall we say took the pi$$...their ethics came back to bite them on the A$$

I banked with the CO-OP for a very long time and that just told me to move bank - so I did 

5 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

If you actually look through my posts, you will find plenty of positive ones.

You will also find plenty of acknowledgment and shared opinion of my concerns (or perceived negative posts) and you will find plenty of other posters voicing similar or worse concerns than mine.

And you are correct, there is no evidence of hatred on this forum and there are several posters on here who were initially suspicious of my motives that now appear to have accepted that I have no agenda here.

I am just a very concerned bystander with some very long standing personal attachments to the club.

I cant help feeling and seeing what I see. I called CK out with the holding email / tweet before the bank holiday, I called out the bank holiday lies too. I'm not looking for a pat on the back and nor do I take any pleasure from it. I look forward to the day I can say good luck for the future with your new owner and disappear back under my stone.

But, in the meantime I continue to read between the lines of all the statements and press stories as I am not as emotionally attached as you guys.

As I've said before, as a football fan I know what it means to you and how much you must be hurting.

My choice of club doesn't change that. ❤

It’s time for you to go away 

8 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Not sure how we would be able to sell  Belick given the fact we still owe approx 7m for him to Arsenal and given his injuries unlikely anyone would pay that ,,more likely leave on a loan to get him off the wage bill  but that would still leave us with the bill for him to pay so not sure which way is for the best

I assume he wants a place in Poland's world cup squad and not sure thats achievable playing 3rd division football

I did say if the finances were right and to be honest I am expecting him to go out on loan somewhere this season mainly due to his World Cup place being under pressure from the Poland manager 

20 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Based on that, I would advise that we will be taking another point deduction next season. We shall wait and see, but definitely seems like it's going in that direction. 

At this point in time points deductions are irrelevant to me.

Being in a position to take the deduction is FAR more important.

4 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

At this point in time points deductions are irrelevant to me.

Being in a position to take the deduction is FAR more important.

Why would a potential owner want to start next season on -15 points, therefore taking on risk that we would be relegated again at the end of the season, with a massive drop in revenue. It will be also more difficult to attract players when the club is cut adrift at the bottom of the league from day one. Can’t see it happening?

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Why would a potential owner want to start next season on -15 points, therefore taking on risk that we would be relegated again at the end of the season, with a massive drop in revenue. It will be also more difficult to attract players when the club is cut adrift at the bottom of the league from day one. Can’t see it happening?

That's not what I was saying.

I was just trying to express that points penalties are not (my) most pressing topic in the grand scheme of things.

Saving the club now is paramount, if points penalties are avoided as well......Bonus!

15 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I can't remember the exact date of my post but I think I was talking with the benefit of hindsight and a certain degree of irony - I wasn't suggesting that we chuck the towel in at any stage.

My post was unclear. I’m saying a simple thing which I think is consistent with your earlier post:

Attracting ever more attention to the fact we might stay up was only ever going to hurt us. Because it was going to make Gibbo more and more intransigent. And because it could lead to some other clubs (and the EFl) forming the view we should be cut no slack. 

cc @RoyMac5

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Attracting ever more attention to the fact we might stay up was only ever going to hurt us. Because it was going to make Gibbo more and more intransigent. And because it could lead to some other clubs (and the EFl) forming the view we should be cut no slack. 

You don't know that. If the EFL hadn't decided to block the cross class cram it wouldn't have mattered. Or if Mel had dealt with it sooner. 

Does anyone know if the 15 point deduction is a black or white scenario?

In other words we pay the minimum amount for no deduction, but £1 less would mean a 15 point penalty or is there a sliding scale based on the percentage of monies paid.

If it is the black or white scenario, surely new owners would then not try to even get close to the required amount. Why pay £19.5M when paying £5M gets you the same punishment?

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Based on that, I would advise that we will be taking another point deduction next season. We shall wait and see, but definitely seems like it's going in that direction. 

Not necessarily, CK was happy to pay more over a longer period. The new bidders may be happier paying more quickly but less money. 

I read somewhere that the difference in an acceptable deal, and a rejected (-15pts) deal is about £800k-£1.2m. Any further reductions in bid would mean we wouldn't be allowed to exit administration and would not get the Golden Share.

I cannot believe any potential bidder would be so short-sighted as to risk 15points and potential success for the sake of say £1m!

But if potential bidder is truly underbidding, there could well be a rejection from EFL.

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I read somewhere that the difference in an acceptable deal, and a rejected (-15pts) deal is about £800k-£1.2m. Any further reductions in bid would mean we wouldn't be allowed to exit administration and would not get the Golden Share.

I cannot believe any potential bidder would be so short-sighted as to risk 15points and potential success for the sake of say £1m!

But if potential bidder is truly underbidding, there could well be a rejection from EFL.

You could buy a Shaun Barker type of player for that money! Scrap the points, they are overrated. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Not sure I see your reasoning. If the creditors are paid in I one year, rather than over 3, then that saves the buyer 10% because they are paying creditors 25% rather than 35% of what is owed to them. If true, there is another saving available because Nixon’s article also says that administrator’s fees are negotiable ( although HMRC deal is not). Nixon is saying that the various bidders believe that the CK bid was actually too high and are looking at ways of trimming it. If the savings can be made then a points deduction should be avoided