The Administration Thread

Boycie

30 minutes ago, jono said:

All true except I think those losses are exactly what you get if you own a mildly ambitious championship club whoever you are. In short the only business men who own them are either gambling on the prem or happy with the prestige and local fame the hobby of owning a club gives them. It has to change and I think it will. Covid and a financial reset may well see the mad wages fall to more sensible levels. In the end it’s the wages .. We could comfortably be a business with a 20 odd million turnover that would happily support its none playing staff and the mechanics of a well supported football club, but once you start paying footballers wages, conservatively  .. let’s say 5 top boys on 700k a year (3.5 million ) Then another 15  on 400 k  a year (6.0 million)  and another 20 on 250k ( 5.0 million ) then it all starts to go wrong. You’re at 14.5 million straight from your total sales of 20 odd. It just doesn’t work. 

You simply have to make profits on player sales or have a very rich owner ( or parachute payments ! ) 

I have to disagree with you on the revenue for DCFC in League 1, no way will we generate £20 odd million in revenue

here is my forecast

season tickets and gate receipts £7 million

TV money £2.8 million

Commercial activities £5 million

Total £14.8 million plus player sales

It is a dark dark depressing world in league 1

2 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I have to disagree with you on the revenue for DCFC in League 1, no way will we generate £20 odd million in revenue

here is my forecast

TV money £2.8 million

How does that compare with Sunderland? 

Q refrained from giving updates (which impacted on fans & SCG access to them) because they were concerned / pi$$ed off about the impact of EFL-sneaked updates that fed rumour and misinformation, right through the admin process.

This inhibited bidders and made parties involved (excepting the Kirch!) nervous about sharing updates. 

The EFL is the worst we've got, in terms of their media tactics. It just suits them to underline their vapid authority occasionally.

I disregard Tw@tter - but still get irritated enough seeing Nixon & Percy's faux-journalistic morsels fed to the populace!

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Being lucky would have been just that, lucky.  A get out of jail free card. 

I think we can probably all agree the actual biggest mistake is signing the wrong players for too high prices (we've been through the list a million times on here already, so no need to do it again).  But I think the more subtle and interesting mistake is that we held on to players for too long.  We should never have convinced Bryson to stay when Burnley wanted him, for example.  The same with Keogh, Martin, and probably a lot more.  We ended up renewing their contracts and paying near-premier league salaries while we were in the championship.  And then most of them left for free.  If you look at Brentford, they do the opposite - they've moved on Watkins, Benrahma, Maupay and so on, and then use that money to go and get the next guy, while covering any overspend at the same time.

That wasn't the issue though was it, it was giving players Premier League wages on the basis that they would be playing in the Premiership. 

Every year that went by without us getting there then just compounded the failures of previous years. 

What annoyed me about it the most was I didn't really give a crap about how much Morris was spending but as a reasonable expectation given his position of responsibility he had it all covered. 

Little did I know. But it was all down to Covid anyway I'm being told.

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

When the flesh is so rotten that it stinks, the only answer is amputation.

Let 30 clubs cut away into a ring-fenced circus of football consumption - the Big Ten in one league playing each other four times a year to keep the TV money spinning, and 20 contender wannabes just below. The rest of the football pyramid is then left without a golden goose's egg to chase.

If that means Derby can only be the 31st best team in England, but I get to see a decent standard of football with sporting integrity and a sense of belonging, then that is mighty fine with me.

Yeah maybe! I personally dont like that option but it makes sense the way thing are going! 

Just look at the coverage! I have 3 kids, you switch on the tv/radio and its all City, Liverpool, united, chelsea, arsenal and spurs, unless you can afford to take them to derby games they become glory supporters and who can blame them! 

Then you get city players taking the knee for equality, diversity etc but there pay check comes from the saudis ??‍♂️ The games gone mad!

I dont like the super league idea but maybe its the only way unless, theres some kind of cap on wages, transfer fees and the moneys evenly distributed! Just mad how money is ruining the game! 

Ticket prices are extortion, you cant even watch football unless you pay subscriptions! Rich people and clubs getting richer while the rest scrape around to survive! Its like a reflection of society but it needs fixing if football as we know it survives! Its just sad! 

I know im preaching to the converted and stating the obvious but ? just gets on my man t#ts! Anyway rant over lol!

Edited by De22Ram

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

You’ve been posting this steadfastly for months and months. But none of the ITKs around the place - the club, Q, the EFL, the journos, the ITKs on Twitter - have ever mentioned it despite them referring to various other roadblocks. 

Q specifically told us - after meetings with HMRC - that they had agreement. And surely you’re not saying HMRC was going to rain on CK’s winning post parade ? 

Is this just a hunch or is there some basis for the concern? 

Not at all.

I think a lot of CKs £21.4m or whatever was finally agreed, was going to HMRC as an upfront,  with other payments to follow as part of the 3 year plan.

I dont believe for a minute they are taking a 35% settlement that's all.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sunderland generated just shy of £30m in League One in 19/20 - £8.6m was parachute money. 

Sunderland gate receipts 2020 £5.6 million 2019 £8.6 million

Parachute money listed as TV and media 2020 £17 million 2019 £40 million

40 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

here is my forecast

TV money £2.8 million

TV money in the Championship is around £8 mill per team going down to around £1.8 mill in Div 1, only £30k for a live game. A good cup run can help. Wages will have to reflect these figures.

40 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Last accounts from them were covid ones but revenue £11million £11.7million loss,  prior to that I think they still had a parachute payment included 

But over £5 m in TV and media revenue and I think we would be higher than that especially in WOrld Cup year. So I think you need to revise your revenue estimate upwards by a few million. £20 m in total seems reasonable to me.

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

here is my forecast

TV money £2.8 million

Indeed it is ( I suppose I was thinking Championship income ) but the key is wages for players .. everything is possible if those remain sensible. What’s your take on that ? Do you think the market has gained a sense of reality yet ? 

40 players at circa 4 grand a week = a wage bill over 8 million .. so you have 6 million or so  left to run the club including leasing the stadium, paying the ordinary staff, buying players, paying the the directors and then all the boring stuff like energy and maintenance.  I can’t see profit for anyone unless total player wage costs are below 50% of revenue. .. So for sustainability of teams (not just DCFC ) that has to be where it is. But will it ever happen ? If it doesn’t there will be more failures … unless rich men have vanity projects