The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

In this exchange Nixon specifically says it's not a loan and Kirchner doesn't get the money back (if someone else is able to buy us) 

A couple of days ago when Dawes broke the 'collapse' story there was also talk about the end of Mays wages. Around then was when Nixon said CK had 'topped up' the money left in Q's account. I just found the amount of £1.6m a bit much then, but who knows.

Yeah he's done a 'quick loan' whatever that is and no it's not refundable.

Edited by RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Considering what Derby fans have been through, his club-owning C.V looks pretty successful.

At the point where Mel took over it seemed to be the best possible scenario for us and it's turned out to be the worst. Personally, I would be happy with any of the prospective bidders as keeping the club going is more important, and ownership can and does change fairly frequently. 

In summary, so long as it isn't Hitler, Kim Jong-Un or Kenny Burns, I'll be happy with anyone.  

Fawaz?

47 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Good morning folks. 

Quick Question:

why is MA seen here as a previously successful football club owner? 

My opinion is that he took an established PL team down with bad management appointments. Gave out novelty Contracts. Ruined Derby’s promotion push by unsettling McClaren, stunk up the PL by not buying decent players and then finally succeeded by selling them to a country. 

He also invested 0 (zero) in infrastructure - Academy, stadium etc - That would be a depressing vision.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But if it failed first time I don’t see why it would succeed the second time (assuming he used a traditional method originally). You can’t just probing until you find a route that bypasses checks.

No but European clearing has been mentioned somewhere so perhaps just did transfer US to Uk within same bank and he is already an account holder so less checks or something so just provenance of funds to be checked so quicker? Who the heck knows or can try and find reasons for anything Derby at this point! I am sure if one transaction in a million is chosen randomly for enhanced security/AML checks taking 6 years you can bet it would be that one. 

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Which is what I said back on page 1920. Given how few clearing banks there are in the UK, and how sophisticated the banking systems are in the UK/US, I’d be amazed if the bank CK is alleged to have used to send the money didn’t have a relationship with Q’s bank or at the very least another UK clearing bank.

It's probably Q's bank that is the problem knowing them ?

3 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

This whole mess comes down to one thing, succinctly put by that great character actor, Strother Martin, in Cool Hand Luke. "What we have here, is a failure to communicate".

You got my hopes up there - thought we were going off tangent to discuss our Chrissie there

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But if it failed first time I don’t see why it would succeed the second time (assuming he used a traditional method originally). You can’t just probing until you find a route that bypasses checks.

It is worrying that the people advising CK did not organise the money transfer for him, if they did organise the money transfer for CK then you certainly have to question the level of expertise they had.

My worry about CK is that he may have to funds to buy the club but does he have the funds to get us back into the Championship or sustain us in the long term, I'm not sure the club would survive another round of uncertainty\turmoil like the last few years.

I do have some sympathy with Q regarding MA, if MA wasn't prepared to provide the best return for the creditors, remember this is what the Administrators are tasked to obtain, why would they want to waste their time talking to him. Q's time was best utilised concentrating on the bid that will provide the best return for the creditors. 

Given our past record with potential "New Owners" its understandable that we all have reservations any potential "New Owners" simply because we have no way of knowing what they will do once they are in control of our club.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd