The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

If we get liquidated, and the only assets we have are the four players under contract, on which we’d maybe raise £2-3 million in selling (as it’s bargain basement time), who gets paid first? Football creditors or the administrators?

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'm not sure why anyone would want Mike Ashley tbh, he proved at Newcastle that he's not there for the love of football or the fans - just cold hard cash to line his pockets.

'Under Ashley, this became a zombie club, an illusion of life.'

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12427961/mike-ashleys-newcastle-united-era-no-trophies-and-no-fun-his-exit-will-bring-hope-to-supporters-at-st-james-park

'Former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley spent less on infrastructure than any other Premier League club over the past decade - and less than a third of what the second-lowest spending club spent.'

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-new-owners-alarming-figures-21968132

To make money off us I assume he will run the academy down, let the stadium fall into disrepair and penny pinch wherever he can.  He might get us into the Premiership but at what cost?  He clearly doesn't give a hoot about saving us, just acquiring us for the lowest price possible and exploiting us to make as much as he can.  Newcastle fans didn't protest his ownership for no good reason.

Hopefully Chris Kirchner will get the deal done, all misty-eyed backing Rooney and investing in the academy as promised.  Football is all about hopes and dreams, I might be in a minority but I'd rather take the slow road back feeling connected to my club than line the pockets of Ashley and experience soulless matchdays.

Then I’m in that minority with you ?.

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:
1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The MSD loans were to Gellaw new 202 which is owned wholly by MM so DCFC are not paying the loans

Well MM has guaranteed the loan apparently but so has the club. And MM has allegedly put a cash deposit against the loan. This (probably) means that if MSD were to snaffle the deposit, MM would have a claim against the club. Oooo errr missus

Charlotte Ram knows far more than anyone who posts on here about the current takeover process. Unlike you he is very discreet. You are punching well above your weight here and making a fool of yourself.

4 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

What happened to the council buying the ground? it had all seemed to go quiet on that front. I hope they would help save the club and CK's deal.

It could still happen dont forget that other businessmen will to buy the ground.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It could still happen dont forget that other businessmen will to buy the ground.

I hope so, but it has all gone quiet about them buying it too. Did we ever find out who they are?

You hear about so many businesses that are bought for a nominal £1, including football clubs, I think that's pretty much where we are. Anyone who's willing to spend £30m to pay off Mel's debts is just doing it as a vanity project.

We're worthless with the amount of debt we're shouldering. And without a stadium, less than that.

The only equity is in acquiring the stadium on the cheap.

On a prospective turnover of approx £6m-£10m next year, most of that will be swallowed up in wages and additional costs. There'll be no profit in that turnover for any prospective investor.

I'm amazed anyone would consider paying anything near £30m for our club, especially without a stadium. The only upside is getting the ground at a discount - circa £20m , then borrowing against it's true value, prob £45m max in the current climate. I think that was CK's strategy for raising future funds. A future guarantee of buying at £20m but leveraging debt against the higher figure to generate funds.

I think Mel has made us unsellable at the current £30m to buy the club + £20m odd million to buy the stadium.

Our only hope to avoid oblivion is for MA to pay peanuts for the what's left, and getting the only real asset - the stadium for around £20m or less.

That's what he does. That's the reality of our parlous financial position sadly.

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

24 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Charlotte Ram knows far more than anyone who posts on here about the current takeover process. Unlike you he is very discreet. You are punching well above your weight here and making a fool of yourself.

Actually my weight has become a bit of a problem recently so you might need to take that one back

@Charlotte Ramknows perfectly well that the club has guaranteed the MSD loans because he looked at the charges registers at companies house months ago 

9 minutes ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

You hear about so many businesses that are bought for a nominal £1, including football clubs, I think that's pretty much where we are. Anyone who's willing to spend £30m to pay off Mel's debts is just doing it as a vanity project.

We're worthless with the amount of debt we're shouldering. And without a stadium, less than that.

The only equity is in acquiring the stadium on the cheap.

On a prospective turnover of approx £6m-£10m next year, most of that will be swallowed up in wages and additional costs. There'll be no profit in that turnover for any prospective investor.

I'm amazed anyone would consider paying anything near £30m for our club, especially without a stadium. The only upside is getting the ground at a discount - circa £20m , then borrowing against it's true value, prob £45m max in the current climate. I think that was CK's strategy for raising future funds. A future guarantee of buying at £20m but leveraging debt against the higher figure to generate funds.

I think Mel has made us unsellable at the current £30m to buy the club + £20m odd million to buy the stadium.

Our only hope to avoid oblivion is for MA to pay peanuts for the what's left, and getting the only real asset - the stadium for around £20m or less.

That's what he does. That's the reality of our parlous financial position sadly.

All of which you say makes very grim reading …so sad …Morris should never ever have split the ground from the club …the man is an utter buffoon and I do not know how that man sleeps at night 

43 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I've been a Derby fan for 40yrs, there is more to life than The Premiership.

It would be nice to get there but do I want umpteen years of the misery that Newcastle fans went through?

Grease me up and give me the misery that Newcastle fans have been through right now.  Two championship promotions and about 80% of the last 30 years in the top flight with a massive chance of European football in the next couple of years.  The other option being another month of a narcissistic ground botherer who can't let go and a 50p millionaire who sends the occasional tweet amongst rounds of golf.