The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

He said his businesses are valued at 7 billion it does not mean he has that in cash burning a hole in his pocket. Similar to Mel who is worth 500 million when you added up all his interests and property 

True but it does usually give you the chance to borrow lots of liquid cash that he can use

24 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before or not. Hoping someone can enlighten me... I understand that pre-contract agreements can be broken. If this takeover gets moving, is there a chance we could keep Festy?

The enforceability of a pre-contract will depend on the specific terms of the agreement. Pre-contracts are generally not binding under English law as they are usually marked ‘Subject to Contract’ and are simply a commitment by the parties to enter into a later contract. The difference between a pre-contract and a contract is that the parties to the pre-contract have not agreed the essential terms and so the pre-contract does not reflect the final agreement. However, if a pre-contract contains all the essential terms that have been agreed, then the pre-contract is effectively a final contract and is likely to be binding.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's too late for that, if he's already signed for Udinese.

Looks like that may not be the case. 

https://www.betting-offers.com/2021/11/pre-contractual-negotiations-what-are-they-and-what-are-the-rules/

“According to law firm Blake Morgan, perhaps not. They believe that a pre-contract agreement is merely a ‘commitment’ to completing a later deal, however that in some instances the move could be broken by either party.

That said, a pre-contract is likely to be considered binding where the ‘essential terms’, such as length of contract, salary and other commercial perks have been agreed in advance.”

However, if he did want to stay then he could have surely waited until the end of the season at least for the owner situation to be clarified. I doubt he would be short on offers either way.

29 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

He said his businesses are valued at 7 billion it does not mean he has that in cash burning a hole in his pocket. Similar to Mel who is worth 500 million when you added up all his interests and property 

Exactly. On paper I’m a millionaire but only if I sold the house and live in a hole in the ground 

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Imagine we go down, we get 15 point deduction, and we miss out on the play-offs in League One because our new owner didn't want to pay an extra couple of million.

SCENES!

Do you think we will be anywhere near the play offs with the limited squad we will likely start with next season and a -15 points deduction??

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Looks like that may not be the case. 

https://www.betting-offers.com/2021/11/pre-contractual-negotiations-what-are-they-and-what-are-the-rules/

“According to law firm Blake Morgan, perhaps not. They believe that a pre-contract agreement is merely a ‘commitment’ to completing a later deal, however that in some instances the move could be broken by either party.

That said, a pre-contract is likely to be considered binding where the ‘essential terms’, such as length of contract, salary and other commercial perks have been agreed in advance.”

However, if he did want to stay then he could have surely waited until the end of the season at least for the owner situation to be clarified. I doubt he would be short on offers either way.

Said to someone at the weekend that he's been badly advised - could have had his pick of clubs at the end of the season...

30 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Well actually he brought a share formal one racing car faria I think it is called so suggest he got money to burn.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think we will be anywhere near the play offs with the limited squad we will likely start with next season and a -15 points deduction??

I feel like even if we're saved, it's going to be 3-5 years of grind before we're really looking up again.

Things might pan out better than that, but there is going to be grind to work through - the EFL business plan will ensure that even if everything else is going swell.

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Said to someone at the weekend that he's been badly advised - could have had his pick of clubs at the end of the season...

Maybe so, but his development is going to be the most important thing, a Championship club where he’d be at least a squad player would probably be a good option for him.

If only Udinese had links to an English club, who are likely to be a Championship side, that they could secure Festy’s services for months before any English side can.