The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Please just give us Appleby. 

Ashley and anyone else with hundreds of millions lying around could have bought us in a heartbeat six months ago. Instead, they’ve been dicking about and we’ve lost half our squad in the meantime.

Appleby strikes me as the only who who really, really wants this, and for the right reasons.

Yes for Mrs Appleby. Take note gentlemen!!!

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ashley and anyone else with hundreds of millions lying around could have bought us in a heartbeat six months ago. Instead, they’ve been dicking about and we’ve lost half our squad in the meantime.

Appleby strikes me as the only who who really, really wants this, and for the right reasons.

I’m a fan of Appleby. Talks a lot of sense. GSE ran a tight ship last time, which is what we need. If AA has been able to land a backer with serious funds, then that combination of proper business sense, a medium/long term plan, and secure funding would do me just fine. 

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m a fan of Appleby. Talks a lot of sense. GSE ran a tight ship last time, which is what we need. If AA has been able to land a backer with serious funds, then that combination of proper business sense, a medium/long term plan, and secure funding would do me just fine. 

Right now we need a stable ship but sooner new owner or owners are in place the better so rooney can out new contracts.

2 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

What if if it is MM/MSD?

Take their money out and there ain't a lot left to pay for the club. EFL have already confirmed that MM would not be barred from ownership.

Buy it out of administration, debts gone, put it up for sale as soon as promotion back to the Championship is confirmed.........bingo!

As you say, they'd need to return us quickly to the Championship to be able to realise any decent return...win win (in theory).

In reality, any MM buyout whether directly or indirectly via MSD would create a toxic atmosphere at the club. There'd be a real danger of some fans boycotting & therefore much lower revenue/higher investment required from them. I personally can't see it happening.

36 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Tons of rumours that MM is one of the 3!

Has to be a wind up surely?

If the EFL were a credible organisation then he'd fail miserably the Fit and Proper test but they're not so he might be, providing Gibson is happy with it.

8 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

Can you imagine a day again in the future when we aren't docked points and can make transfers without the EFL having a noose around our necks. ?

What ? Sounds like crazy talk !

I believe that the EFL are currently discussing points deductions for teams incurring excessive points deductions... ?

Joking aside, this whole approach from the EFL seems to be as pointless as fining rough sleepers for being homeless and destitute. We are pretty much a financial basket case. If you are going to hit us with more sanctions for what amounts to being worth very little then we will be worth even less and so what would you do then ? Hit us with more sanctions making us less viable and worth less ?

I'm sure the rules are intended to discourage ruthless owners from shedding massive debt and cleaning up with a lowball offer and making a ton of cash and/or sign an all conquering team for a promotion charge. That is hardly our situation, just having a viable club at all seems like a major challenge. It seems that we are going to be further punished for not being worth very much though. How exactly are we supposed to fix that ?

52 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Well said, I couldn't agree more. If the likes of Ashley and Binnie really wanted us they could have bought the club months ago and saved us from being the mess we are in. Appleby genuinely appears to care about the club.

23 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If the EFL were a credible organisation then he'd fail miserably the Fit and Proper test but they're not so he might be, providing Gibson is happy with it.

I think you find he wont be allowed any were near it again.

30 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I've always wanted Appleby ever since it was rumoured he would be back. I'm actually gutted he's not in already. 

Who are the other 3 bidders? 

Assume Ashley and the Binnies(?). Maybe msd? 

I would guess the offers are Ashley, Binnies and Applebys previous bid (which he is trying to increase with further financial backing). I hope Appleby becomes the preferred bidder.