The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not a chance we will hear anything.

The admins keep feeding Rooney crap. They tell him bad news but then sprinkle a bit of hope in there because they are probably scared of him.

I've said it since Christmas, I'm convinced the admins feed Rooney what they think he wants to hear.

Why else did rooney Believe we would be making signings in January and then free signings after January, the admins were feeding him that balony.

I can't see a PB being announced before the end of the season.

Hard to disagree with any of that. It's the hope that kills you. The only thing I believe is that the situation we find ourselves in has done more to unite the fan base in the last 4 or 5 months then anything I have seen at the club.

Just now, Hanny said:

Not sure I understand this thinking. You seem to be implying a financial entity is demanding a 'floor' price from a club in administration of monies owed. And will scoff at anything less than this...drawing a line in the send of what is acceptable.

But then you imply they will also be fine with getting nothing on principle of a bidder not reaching the initial 'floor' price set out? 

That doesn't make much financial sense for the creditors. ?‍♂️

The creditors (most of them) don't have any attachment to the club,emotional or otherwise, so why would they accept a derisory offer when we still have players earning in excess of £20K per week,so would see an offer of 25% or less as an insult,they won't be bothered whether the club survives or not. 

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not a chance we will hear anything.

The admins keep feeding Rooney crap. They tell him bad news but then sprinkle a bit of hope in there because they are probably scared of him.

I've said it since Christmas, I'm convinced the admins feed Rooney what they think he wants to hear.

Why else did rooney Believe we would be making signings in January and then free signings after January, the admins were feeding him that balony.

I can't see a PB being announced before the end of the season.

Exactly this .were being shafted from all angles.

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

Hard to disagree with any of that. It's the hope that kills you. The only thing I believe is that the situation we find ourselves in has done more to unite the fan base in the last 4 or 5 months then anything I have seen at the club.

Give it a couple of seasons of mid table 3rd division and they’ll all be moaning minnies again

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

What's the betting that Kirchner buys Preston then - knowing the DCFC inside track - sweeps in to pick up our best youngsters for peanuts?

He won't have any better intelligence on that than pretty much every club in the country. There aren't any secrets in respect of 'talent' these days are there?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Should play at Meadow Lane, much bigger capacity.

And far closer for me ?

That looks like the best option at first sight, but actually isn't possible. Forest and County don't usually play on the same day for safety and policing issues. That would mean Derby and Forest home games on the same day 50 metres away from each other...what could possibly go wrong?

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That looks like the best option at first sight, but actually isn't possible. Forest and County don't usually play on the same day for safety and policing issues. That would mean Derby and Forest home games on the same day 50 metres away from each other...what could possibly go wrong?

County could become the new Tranmere Rovers and have a bout of Friday night fever for their games....jobs a good un. 

18 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The creditors (most of them) don't have any attachment to the club,emotional or otherwise, so why would they accept a derisory offer when we still have players earning in excess of £20K per week,so would see an offer of 25% or less as an insult,they won't be bothered whether the club survives or not. 

Depends. If you’re one of those creditors owed say £10,000. Would you rather accept £2,500 or nothing if the club goes into liquidation? The creditors may well feel bitter about how much the players are earning but it irrelevant really.

At the end of the day though, it won’t matter what most, if not all, of the smaller creditors want will it as I don’t think an agreement requires an unanimous vote does it?

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Depends. If you’re one of those creditors owed say £10,000. Would you rather accept £2,500 or nothing if the club goes into liquidation? The creditors may well feel bitter about how much the players are earning but it irrelevant really.

At the end of the day though, it won’t matter what most, if not all, of the smaller creditors want will it as I don’t think an agreement requires an unanimous vote does it?

When you put it like then it's a really poor show that there are going to be lots of creditors who end up basically getting shafted and lucky if they get back a quarter of what Morris owes them, it's despicable really. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Just now, Tamworthram said:

£2,500 over 24 months mmm that's a deal clincher, not sure about a unanimous vote but seeing as HMRC are the biggest creditors it probably isn't an issue

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

What's the betting that Kirchner buys Preston then - knowing the DCFC inside track - sweeps in to pick up our best youngsters for peanuts?

Jokes on him since we already sold all our best youngsters for peanuts in January.

We can't offer any of them professional contracts anyway, so any one of them can leave for peanuts and we can't do anything about it.

57 minutes ago, KBB said:

Rooneys 5 days to hear something quote expires tomorrow I believe. Anyone think we will hear anything? Not losing hope yet, but it is hard to stay positive. 3 points at blackburn will help.

Didn’t he specify working days?

12 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

£2,500 over 24 months mmm that's a deal clincher, not sure about a unanimous vote but seeing as HMRC are the biggest creditors it probably isn't an issue

It’s obviously relative to the size of the business and it’s turnover but I would imagine if you said do you want £200 a month for the next two years or nothing? for many it would be more of a no brainer (however bitter you might feel) than a deal clincher.

52 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You are 100% correct. The creditors don't care about the club...they care about money. That's why I don't understand the thinking that a money motivated entity will refuse money based on some principle that it's not enough. 

This isn't a situation of being insulted, and drawing a line in the sand. The creditors want to get paid. The only way they get paid, is if Derby find a new owner. They get nothing if Derby get liquidated. 

It would be bad business by the creditors if they were to feel insulted, and draw an imaginary line in the sand while dealing with a club on the brink of liquidation. 

49 minutes ago, Hanny said:

You are 100% correct. The creditors don't care about the club...they care about money. That's why I don't understand the thinking that a money motivated entity will refuse money based on some principle that it's not enough. 

This isn't a situation of being insulted, and drawing a line in the sand. The creditors want to get paid. The only way they get paid, is if Derby find a new owner. They get nothing if Derby get liquidated. 

It would be bad bu csiness by the creditors if they were to feel insulted, and draw an imaginary line in the sand while dealing with a club on the brink of liquidation. 

I agree it would be bad business but they might want more, you also have to look at the situation were if there is an agreement with creditors to accept 25% (even though i doubt that HMRC will think that good enough) that means the new owners will be paying out over £400K per month for 2 years just satisfying the creditors,that is before player salaries,ground rent if they can't buy the ground and all the other associated costs,that needs paying even in the closed season when we have no money coming in. Will new owners be happy taking that on especially if we get relegated or will the administrators say it is not a viable proposition.

33 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I agree it would be bad business but they might want more, you also have to look at the situation were if there is an agreement with creditors to accept 25% (even though i doubt that HMRC will think that good enough) that means the new owners will be paying out over £400K per month for 2 years just satisfying the creditors,that is before player salaries,ground rent if they can't buy the ground and all the other associated costs,that needs paying even in the closed season when we have no money coming in. Will new owners be happy taking that on especially if we get relegated or will the administrators say it is not a viable proposition.

Are you suggesting we’re at an impasse then if the creditors wouldn’t accept 25% (as an example) but the new owners wouldn’t be happy to even pay that amount?

So liquidation is inevitable?

Edited by Tamworthram

21 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

But don’t you think Gibbo wanted to wreck our transfer window ? 

Obviously Steve Gibson hasn't been a friend of DCFC. I've given up trying to understand what goes on inside some folks heads.

Edited by europia