The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Nice to see Chelsea get 110 million of taxpayers cash to pay wages for players they can't afford, will they get that back its a hard sell..  Nice to see Adrian Durham happy to see it as well.  Doesn't quite fight with his normal rhetoric. 

Chelsea aren't getting 110 million of taxpayers money,it is money the government had frozen. The government have just relaxed the restrictions on their frozen bank account to allow them to play,the sanctions weren't against the club they were against the owner. 

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Unless Mel puts his hand in his pocket regarding the stadium then I can’t see any scenario where we would avoid a -15 penalty - unless someone is willing to lease the ground from him

Ive seen comments saying if we start next season on -15 points then the new owners will be off to a bad start with the fans as they’ve taken penalties to secure a bargain price. The going rate for a big league one club is c.£27m (Sunderland). Admins said early on all bidders were considering us as a league one club. We’ve already had a failed bid from the Binnies for £30m, so the prices are already over the odds!! We don’t have Derby fans looking to buy us, we are not being bought on the cheap. Buyers are having to pay over the odds and that won’t clear debts sufficiently to avoid -15 next season. I’m not surprised Q are stalling for more time to try desperately to increase offers. I will be thankful for any owner to take on this poo state of affairs.

Only person who can change this is Mel with the stadium but if he’d swallowed the £20m on the stadium - we’d have probably been bought last summer without the need of administration. The fact he hasn’t doesn’t suggest he will be inclined to change his mind. 

I've also said this...I think Morris could help our situation greatly if he were to sell the ground to the new owner for a pittance / neglible sum....I don't care if anyone thinks ..poor Mel he's spent enough!...he's run us into the ground like it or not he is responsible...now do the right thing and see the new owners dont pay for the stadium.....I cannot see anyone paying over 30m for a club with no stadium!!!! our very existence depends on it.....but Mel Morris does nothing! apart from negotiate with a parasite like gibbon....i know i sound angry and apologies if i do....but i just dont see a solution where a new owner will have to Pay Mels debts and also for the stadium!! it beggars belief!!

54 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Where will he advertise Sports Direct then?

We have a half a dozen sponsors just on the kit - he can just use them.

Or just put some big banners up at the side when we're playing on markeaton park

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He might tell Morris he can keep his stadium and Derby will play their home games elsewhere.

whether it was supposedly for the right reasons or not the stadium and DCFC should never have been split up in the first place.....DCFC and Pride Park should always be as one ....I believe this is putting off potential investors as Mel could ask for a silly amount or charge rent and put the price up whenever he chose to.....its farcical and should never have been seperated from our club...?.its quite important having a ground to play in and call home ...ask coventry and brighton fans 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

We don't know whether MM  has settled any amount with Gibson.. it was described as an "accord". So the only settlement might be Gibson agreeing to go after Morris alone rather than Morris and DCFC (and it was originally against both I believe as both the Boro and DCFC statements suggest the claim was not just against DCFC).  

If you listen carefully to Hoskin’s first interview after Gibson dropped his claim against the club, you’ll hear he dutifully referred to the ‘accord’ a couple of times. He then confirmed he knew the details, declined to divulge them, then slipped into referring to it as a ‘settlement’

Journalists later mooted that a 7 figure sum was involved. 

anything is possible, but Gibson detests our club as well as MM. So wouldn’t you be just a little surprised to learn that Gibbo had dropped his claim against the club for nothing, out of the goodness of his heart  ?? 

Just a theory here

if we have a plan to come out of Admin that will cause a 15 point deduction and it’s done now wouldn’t that deduction be applied now and not next season? (As per the 12 pt deduction for administration taking place before 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March?

if it’s after the fourth Thursday in March deduction would be applied this season if it relegates us or next season if we are relegated without it applying.

it’s better punishment for us if the EFL delay because it gives a strong chance of a -15 pt start to next season.

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Potential (or actual) turnover/income isn’t technically an asset (and obviously isn’t in liquidation) but I know what you mean if you’re saying probable future income represents value to a potential new owner. 

That's what the goodwill on purchase accounting item is. As the trading profit emerges you write down the goodwill asset and declare breakeven. 

49 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I've also said this...I think Morris could help our situation greatly if he were to sell the ground to the new owner for a pittance / neglible sum....I don't care if anyone thinks ..poor Mel he's spent enough!...he's run us into the ground like it or not he is responsible...now do the right thing and see the new owners dont pay for the stadium.....I cannot see anyone paying over 30m for a club with no stadium!!!! our very existence depends on it.....but Mel Morris does nothing! apart from negotiate with a parasite like gibbon....i know i sound angry and apologies if i do....but i just dont see a solution where a new owner will have to Pay Mels debts and also for the stadium!! it beggars belief!!

You have every right to be angry ,i am and i not gonna take it any more. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

MM has got off unbelievably lightly IMO

38 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If you listen carefully to Hoskin’s first interview after Gibson dropped his claim against the club, you’ll hear he dutifully referred to the ‘accord’ a couple of times. He then confirmed he knew the details, declined to divulge them, then slipped into referring to it as a ‘settlement’

Journalists later mooted that a 7 figure sum was involved. 

anything is possible, but Gibson detests our club as well as MM. So wouldn’t you be just a little surprised to learn that Gibbo had dropped his claim against the club for nothing, out of the goodness of his heart  ?? 

It wasn't out of the goodness of Gibson heart. he was made aware that he could not bring a claim against us as were protected by insolvency law, and didn't have any money to pay him. So he went after Morris instead.   

32 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Do you know what he is or is not doing ?  

and are you implying he should not have dealt with Gibbo ?  

Im not implying anything I am stating though that Morris holds an important card in our takeover and he should'nt !!

don't stick up for Morris he's the reason we are in this mess!! 

Do we think everything hinges on staying in the champioship? Might aswell start as a phoenix club if we get relegated with - 15points or is it not as simple as that? I think this is the reason for the delay. Just waiting to see if we stay up. Why would you spend 30million plus on league 1 club with 6 contracted players and any decent academy players already poached for peanuts. Wouldn't make sense

Edited by tombomb

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

It wasn't out of the goodness of Gibson heart. he was made aware that he could not bring a claim against us as were protected by insolvency law, and didn't have any money to pay him. So he went after Morris instead.   

So in your world Gibbo didn’t have us over a barrel ?  
Gosh well he had us all fooled then, and he had the admins and the buyers fooled as well. It’s just as well MM had the sense to call him and make him aware of the weakness of his position. Shame he didn’t do it before 

15 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Do we think everything hinges on staying in the champioship? Might aswell start as a phoenix club if we get relegated with - 15points or is it not as simple as that? I think this is the reason for the delay. Just waiting to see if we stay up. Why would you spend 30million plus on league 1 club with 6 contracWeted players and any decent academy players already poached for peanuts. Wouldn't make sense

Well mate already turned down 30m and I think who else had bid for club I think might find worth around 40m give or take.