The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Of course but it was never his baby...it was his vanity project that he threw away when the going got tough..

Genuine question. Can anyone estimate Mel’s current wealth. If he put north of £200 million of his reported £550 million into the club and his remaining assets are in the hundreds of millions, why doesn’t he give the stadium away and settle the MSD loan ? I can only surmise that he needs the MSD loan covered by the sale or he could be facing bankruptcy himself ?

50 minutes ago, therams69 said:

So I guess the bidders are going to need to pay what is needed if they want the club. I also suspect that they will be negotiating a lower rate on the purchase / rent of the stadium. This has been complicated imho because its separate to the football club, what a great decision that was. This to me is why there is a delay. If they had agreed to the admin demands a PB would have been announced.

I suspect if we dont get anywhere then of course, Mr Morris is going to have to do something with the stadium, lower his price thus offsetting the money going to the creditors. Whether he will or not is anyone's guess. Who wants to keep the poker face the longest I guess.

If the bidders are going to have to pay what is needed if they want the club then why then hasn't a buyer already been found?

You would have to surmise that there a people interested in the club but only at a price they feel it is worth, after all they are buying debt. 

So how long does this go on for when Quantuma reject bids that aren't what is needed as you put it then the interested parties just walk away.

Interesting times it seems 

the Binnie offer is interesting in regards that they felt it was the highest offer? They had been trying to buy the club back in June and pre administration ( which might have been a good thing) they believe the club has been devalued in the transfer window which I totally agree with as currently you are just buying the contract of a about 5 players who could be sold to raise money.

we seem to be sailing very quickly into being on minus 15 points next season whichever league we are in as why would anyone offer anywhere near £50 million for next to nothing, I assume by renting the stadium we could avoid that aspect possibly but why would a buyer commit that kind of money to receive next to nothing.

I have to hope that Ashley comes in with a decent plan and commits to the project at this point as he seems the only one who could afford it.

14 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Genuine question. Can anyone estimate Mel’s current wealth. If he put north of £200 million of his reported £550 million into the club and his remaining assets are in the hundreds of millions, why doesn’t he give the stadium away and settle the MSD loan ? I can only surmise that he needs the MSD loan covered by the sale or he could be facing bankruptcy himself ?

He still has £500m. He is still making money. All the competitions on TV where it's a PO box Derby...that's Mel.

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting times it seems 

the Binnie offer is interesting in regards that they felt it was the highest offer? They had been trying to buy the club back in June and pre administration ( which might have been a good thing) they believe the club has been devalued in the transfer window which I totally agree with as currently you are just buying the contract of a about 5 players who could be sold to raise money.

we seem to be sailing very quickly into being on minus 15 points next season whichever league we are in as why would anyone offer anywhere near £50 million for next to nothing, I assume by renting the stadium we could avoid that aspect possibly but why would a buyer commit that kind of money to receive next to nothing.

I have to hope that Ashley comes in with a decent plan and commits to the project at this point as he seems the only one who could afford it.

Why do people buy football clubs? I can understand in Ashley’s case it will help promote his Sports Direct brand but surely there is no money in it…

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Everyone is celebrating the thread reaching 1000 pages.

Meanwhile Rome burns, the Titanic sinks and we lose another prospective bidder.

If there were only two bids submitted by the Administrators' own deadline, does that mean the other one is the Preferred Bidder - by default?

If so, why haven't they been named? Or are they now - standing alone - realising it's a buyers' market and, consequently, reducing the value of their bid? Or maybe there just isn't any other bidder.

The administrators don't have to name a PB.