The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60695605

The bins are out.

One of the long-term interested parties to buy Derby County say the Championship club's administrators have ended discussions with them after deciding their latest £30m offer was too low.

This sounds positive news... I think.

3 minutes ago, derby8 said:

bbc reports Binnie £30m for club and stadium not enough looking for nearer £50m.

So that gives the others a range to look at, including the stadium apparently.

I thought their offer did not include the stadium. If they hoped to pick up the club and the stadium for a total outlay of £30m I am not surprised they were told no. 

"It was felt the sum accurately reflected the reduced status of Derby following the sale of players during the January transfer window..."

That line should maybe make a few people think, especially those who were criticising the admins for not selling more players and slashing costs.  

17 minutes ago, David said:

Better to have a club on -15 next season than no club at all, you would have to assume there are potential better offers on the table for the administrators to end talks.

£30m for both the club and stadium was  such a low ball offer, knowing that it's £20m for the stadium itself.

It isn't clear that £30 m offer included the stadium though?  It would be a joke offer if it did. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I thought their offer did not include the stadium. If they hoped to pick up the club and the stadium for a total outlay of £30m I am not surprised they were told no. 

checked bbc site again, Binnie £30m included stadium. Admins want nearer £50m including around £20m for the stadium.