The Administration Thread

Boycie

27 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

There is no legal method for Gibson or Middlesbrough to personally pursue Morris over this. Mel Morris knows this and thus his offer is completely vacuous. If Mel Morris would like to indemnify any claim for Derby County then I'd imagine the offer would be accepted instantly.

So why does Boro statement in January say that their claim alleges against the Directors of DcFC if as you say they can’t actually claim against them? 

the whole statement frankly was an absolute disgrace and shows what a total piece of work Gibson is I’m afraid. 

6 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

The proof of that is that he is continuing with a claim that is at its very, very best, purely speculative.  If he relaxed his claim we could, probably, get new owners in place, sort out creditors, be relegated and under EFL control for two more years but at least move on.

He could then also take up a case against a DCFC which actually has some money to award him in the case of a victory.

There's no time limit on his claim and nothing stopping him dropping the current one, then making another later once DCFC are stabilised and not at risk of going out of business.

A fair hearing with both sides being able to put together a comprehensive argument, rather than one side of the argument being compromised by administration.

Another inconvenient truth about the notion that all he wants is justice.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So why does Boro statement in January say that their claim alleges against the Directors of DcFC if as you say they can’t actually claim against them? 

the whole statement frankly was an absolute disgrace and shows what a total piece of work Gibson is I’m afraid. 

Could you provide a link to the statement? Sorry there has been a few and I just want to make sure we are talking about the same one.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think a more important question for @RamsfanJim is why those points are missing, especially the one about the EFL ruling our going to high court has been omitted from the website version. This feels to me like a very important amendment. 

If there are two versions circulating I think we need to know why. Is one inaccurate?

The pdf was purely for RamsTrust as the questions came almost entirely from RamsTrust members, and we didn't know how the official minutes would take. Andrew Hosking said there was nothing confidential we couldn't share, but that is not the same as what they are happy to be put in writing as their official response. Naturally they do not want to potentially upset anyone during negotiations, so are more careful what is put in writing.

Fully expecting some negative news tonight about 7pm before our game saying that Mel's offer cannot be taken up by Boro.

We need Mel to come out & say if they do not bring a case against him he will indemnify the new owners against these claims. That way we do not need Gibson's permission, just need EFL to approve then the PB to approve so we can move on.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 hour ago, BoroWill said:

If this is all true, why did he start the action long before you went into administration and were looking to be taken over? Your theory doesn't make any logical sense.

When the claim was made in January 2021 we were on the verge of a takeover by Sheikh Khaled, which then fell through. When Gibson originally pushed for our FFP punishment it was January 2020, again we were on the verge of a takeover by Henry Gabay, that also then fell through. Coincidence?

"Derby County's administrators have said that a takeover could be completed within a 'short period of time' once the compensation claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers have been addressed." 

I know you lot a seen this but it makes my blood boil so bad, what complete W******

28 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

He absolutely would take it to court. See here for him taking previously unprecedented cases that we had a low chance of winning to court.

Do you think there is any conflict of interest with him being on the Board of the EFL? Do you think any collusion has gone on? Is there any connection at all with the Gibbon's initial claim against the EFL and the fact now they are going after Derby instead? Do you want a situation where games are played out in the courts with clubs suing other clubs over and over again rather than on the pitch, is that good for the game? What would you think if we sued QPR and Villa? Is the Gibbon bitter mainly due to your poor record on the pitch? Be interested in your comments.....

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Fully expecting some negative news tonight about 7pm before our game saying that Mel's offer cannot be taken up by Boro.

We need Mel to come out & say if they do not bring a case against him he will indemnify the new owners against these claims. That way we do not need Gibson's permission, just need EFL to approve then the PB to approve so we can move on.

Exactly this, however just a thought, wouldn’t Morris want his legal team on it? Would they be representing DCFC but how can they if Morris isn’t DCFC anymore? Not sure if this has been brought up yet. I mean, in theory Quantuma or new buyer would just put any lawyer to defend this claim if there is no risk for them. 
A new can of worms ? This is a Never ending cycle of madness

5 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Could you provide a link to the statement? Sorry there has been a few and I just want to make sure we are talking about the same one.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-Derby-county

the one that says five times in one para that dcfc and their directors cheated. And the cheating causes Wycombe to be relegated. 

which has nothing to do with Boro as far as i know and isn’t true anyway.

and cheating even if true amounts to bad faith which they can’t claim for either. 

etc etc.

36 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Intermediate accounts are published to the EFL part way through a season so that they can forecast to see if teams are going to hit their FFP/P&S limits. Given the EFL is made up of the member clubs I'd assume this makes them available to member clubs at that point.

Incorrect. Our submissions for the period up to 2019 would have shown us complying with P&S. It was only when the administrators and the EFL agreed in November 2021 on which amortisation policy was to be used that confirmed P&S figures for the 2019 period onwards were known.

Under the original Derby amortisation policy, Derby wouldn't have been in breach of P&S until the 2021 period (thanks to the 2020 period being excluded from punishment due to Covid).