The Administration Thread

Boycie

24 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Ha ha ha. If you think that any of the bidders are going to commit paying the HMRC debt off in full, over a 4 year period, you should seek some medical assistance.  I reckon the bidders will be at about £7.5m in one lump sum; take it or leave it HMRC.

Which would then give the green light to every other football cub to potentially only pay 1/4 of what they owe, the whole point of HMRC changing their creditor status was to stop this happening. 

47 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But the claims cannot progress through administration. By which time their claims will be reduced or extinguished.  

Only if it's a restructuring plan rather than a CVA, assuming the BAWT analysis by Ian Redfern (seemingly no longer available?) was broadly correct. That's apparently what's been at the core of the difference of perspective between the EFL and Quantuma.  Whether the claims can be 'compromised' (which may well mean completely extinguished) by a restructuring plan. But hopefully the Binnie brothers bid, which is prepared to accept these 'contingent liabilities' has taken us beyond that particular impasse...

8 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Which would then give the green light to every other football cub to potentially only pay 1/4 of what they owe, the whole point of HMRC changing their creditor status was to stop this happening. 

Rubbish. It's not stopping clubs over-spending. But being docked 12 points is reasonable punishment, I can see that being increased if we 'escape'.

33 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Ha ha ha. If you think that any of the bidders are going to commit paying the HMRC debt off in full, over a 4 year period, you should seek some medical assistance.  I reckon the bidders will be at about £7.5m in one lump sum; take it or leave it HMRC.

Ok my medical assistance professional confirmed I am sane and lucid, I believe that a repayment over a set number of months has been agreed, there is a point of principle here for the HMRC, I very much doubt a haircut is on their agenda. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby said:

HMRC will get nowt, zippo, zilch in a liquidation. Preferred bidders seem to be against going much higher than £30m in terms of bids for the whole club. I am absolutely certain HMRC will be offered not much more than £7.5m. Let’s wait and see Bobby. As for football owners wanting to give up control and ownership of their football clubs, to get rid of 3/4 of the debt, for someone else to step in, well frankly that’s up to them. 

10 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Ok my medical assistance professional confirmed I am sane and lucid, I believe that a repayment over a set number of months has been agreed, there is a point of principle here for the HMRC, I very much doubt a haircut is on their agenda. 

Glad to hear you are sane and lucid. As I just said to Bobby above, let’s wait and see.

23 minutes ago, Bobby said:

With all due respect it’s a bit rich a QPR fan posting about a club repaying it’s debts ?

30 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Only if it's a restructuring plan rather than a CVA, assuming the BAWT analysis by Ian Redfern (seemingly no longer available?) was broadly correct. That's apparently what's been at the core of the difference of perspective between the EFL and Quantuma.  Whether the claims can be 'compromised' (which may well mean completely extinguished) by a restructuring plan. But hopefully the Binnie brothers bid, which is prepared to accept these 'contingent liabilities' has taken us beyond that particular impasse...

No, whether its a CVA or a restructuring the claims cannot continue during the admin period. And if they are part of a CVA even if Boro and Wycombe vote against they will be outvoted so their claim will be reduced to 25% or whatever,  of whatever the contingent claim is .

In the surprising event of Wycombe and/or  Boro subsequently winning their claims,  even after a CVA, the amounts awarded  have to take account of the CVA so the amounts due will be much reduced. The football creditor rule only applies to monies due , and the monies due will already have been reduced.  

That's how I see it. Could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

When you're tired and weary,

Your heart will skip a beat,

You'll get your funking head messed up,

When you read a Nixon tweet.

But on streets of Teeside,

They'll hear a mighty roar,

Eff off you pube haired barsteward,

We are the Derby boys.

Brilliant, although you should have rhymed the last line with 'roar.'

Plus, Eff off should be EFL off!