The Administration Thread

Boycie

29 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

EFL Announcement: Fit and Proper Persons Test

The EFL can today announce some temporary changes to the fit and proper persons test. It is now required that every prospective owner of an EFL club must have lived within 10 miles of the club they are attempting to purchase for no less than a period of ten years. This temporary measure is in place until July 31st, 2022.

I can’t believe this. When did they announce it. Bloody Bamfords. 

4 minutes ago, Flying Fokker said:

Oh dear...I really hope the Club buy the stadium.  Paying a landlord is a millstone around your neck.  Alternatively you could play your games in another city like your fellow Championship members Coventry City did on 2 occasions (Northampton 1 season and Birmingham for 2 seasons), over a 5 year period.  The crowds at Northampton were 1/8 of the attendances in the city for several months.  Then BCFC,  50% of previous season attendance for some games but far lower most of the time. 

Back to what is best for Derby: Own your ground. Own your training ground. Respect you, the fans.

Respect to Cov as well mate. It's been a long hard slog for your club and your fans and we do appreciate the spirit of your warning. Proper club and fans who did not deserve what they got with SISU.

And yes, Mel owning the grond with club debt secured against it could be a potential nightmare to deal with.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

Just now, Flying Fokker said:

Oh dear...I really hope the Club buy the stadium.  Paying a landlord is a millstone around your neck.  Alternatively you could play your games in another city like your fellow Championship members Coventry City did on 2 occasions (Northampton 1 season and Birmingham for 2 seasons), over a 5 year period.  The crowds at Northampton were 1/8 of the attendances in the city for several months.  Then BCFC,  50% of previous season attendance for some games but far lower most of the time. 

Back to what is best for Derby: Own your ground. Own your training ground. Respect you, the fans.

Agree with all you are saying in theory, but what I take from your story is that you have overcome your struggles and are back playing at home with a very appreciative fan base, have a good squad more than competing at Championship level and money in the bank.

That's so far away from us at the moment, we can but dream.

So, although you hate SISU, you are where you are now because they rescued you.

I think most Derby County fans would take that at the moment,  tbh.

8 minutes ago, Flying Fokker said:

Not necessarily so, you could be West Ham paying a pittance and being subsidised by the taxpayer or Brighton also paying a pittance who's owner also owns the ground and loses millions because he doesn't charge Brighton the going rate, just to name two.

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

I’m sure they are not viable for championship club. I’m guessing we are in a similar position to Cov

I believe the interest on the MSD property loans are 14% p.a. 

In the trade they would be called " A lender of last resort"

Edited by Charlotte Ram
added context