The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

He wants the MSD money and for Mel to pay MSD off

This is what I don't get. That's certainly what he seems to want, but if the MSD loan doesn't get paid off in full, surely they just get the stadium? And then the whole deal probably falls though (because the bidders definitely don't want the stadium owned by someone else, and potentially sold on to who-ever-knows in the future). And then nobody gets anything.

I don't see how he can force Mel to pay off the stadium loan?  Unless he's gambling on Mel to just step and pay to prevent MSD taking ownership, but I think we're well past the point where Mel is going to stump any major cash.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I can't believe that if Q are saying "The administrators have received 3 QC opinions to the effect that the claims are unlikely to ever succeed in a court of law. ", that any potential bidder would offer to pay off Boro?

Because Gibson and Couhig probably have three QC opinions that they'd win substantial damages in a court of law.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Dell and MSD don't want less money so some of it can be given to Gibson? What a shocking stance. I'm blown away a financial lender would take that view.

MSD wont give a damn, they have a fixed charge over the ground to cover their 20m and probably other security from MM personally.  With a ground worth £81m to cover them - well OK, maybe £ 40m - they shouldn't care what happens.  But HMRC will since anything for an unproven creditor cuts into their payput 

1 hour ago, RedSox said:

Lol hmmm - well according to Alan on Monday Mike Ashley was going to sort this so why should we be worried if that was true?

Also haven’t people done research and found this rich Riley to not have enough money to be a main backer??

Just now, Geoff Parkstone said:

MSD wont give a damn, they have a fixed charge over the ground to cover their 20m and probably other security from MM personally.  With a ground worth £81m to cover them - well OK, maybe £ 40m - they shouldn't care what happens.  But HMRC will since anything for an unproven creditor cuts into their payput 

Good point

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Because Gibson and Couhig probably have three QC opinions that they'd win substantial damages in a court of law.

I’m not sure I’d trust Gibson to find a sane QC after the valuer he found comparing pride park to Morecambe's ground and based on the apprentice he used to write his copy. 

Edited by Ramos

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

This is what I don't get. That's certainly what he seems to want, but if the MSD loan doesn't get paid off in full, surely they just get the stadium? And then the whole deal probably falls though (because the bidders definitely don't want the stadium owned by someone else, and potentially sold on to who-ever-knows in the future). And then nobody gets anything.

I don't see how he can force Mel to pay off the stadium loan?  Unless he's gambling on Mel to just step and pay to prevent MSD taking ownership, but I think we're well past the point where Mel is going to stump any major cash.

It creates a problem yes, think Gibson will push it all the way to force Mel’s hand. But ultimately if it’s that or liquidation, I’d hope either the lawyers win and we find a way around it and give Gibson duck all, or the preferred bidder settles with Gibson as galling as it would be. 

The one positive of all the updates this week is the EFLs offer of independent mediation. Maybe that combined with side conversations with Gibson has given the preferred bidder the confidence to commit funding for the rest of the season. We will find out soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

I guess the question is, how much do MSD think the stadium is worth with no football club to play there.  The fact they seemed willing to loan us another £4m when went into admin suggests that (at the time at least), they valued it higher than the £20m they had secured against it already. But the fact they now seem unwilling to lend any more, suggests by not much more that what's secured against already (and I know circumstances have changed between September and now, so it's not a simple comparison).

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

don't take anything jordan says seriously, the guys a joke. Apparently 'big news' was on its way the other day and we've still not heard any 'big news' be announced. 

He elaborated that he knows two of the bidders and knows they’ve spoken to Gibson - that was the basis of his big news that something will be sorted out. 

46 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Being discussed on Talksport now. Apparently 2 of the 3 bidders have spoken with MFC and are happy to deal with them in isolation away from the administrators. Also, the issue is with DEL and MSD. Back in the administrators court. ??

Have listened to Jordan on this all week he jumps around all over the place each day it is someone else's fault. 

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I can't believe that if Q are saying "The administrators have received 3 QC opinions to the effect that the claims are unlikely to ever succeed in a court of law. ", that any potential bidder would offer to pay off Boro?

Maybe a token gesture and everyone saves face Roy Mac??