The Administration Thread

Boycie

So a fair summary of the last 24hrs:

EFL now backpedaling desperately looking for a way out that saved face.

Boro backpedaling now public opinion has clearly gone against them and saying they wanted to settle.

Wycombe gently fading back in to insignificance. 

Quantuma quietly sitting tight lipped knowing they were right.

Me having a new found respect for my MP!

33 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This is another big development. They have now publicly stated their stance (in an eerily similar format to the EFL statement of last night). The statement is plain in explaining MFC’s stance, using the word “cheated” in regards to our financial irregularities is blunt, it makes it clear from their pov it isn’t going to go away and puts the onus on the admins to resolve. The noise we’ve been making is forcing reactions at least, not sure whether to see them as positive developments or not ??‍♂️ 

But how do Middlesbrough know they’d have made play offs? They were awful last 6 games and blew it themselves but it’s our fault !!! It’s a joke it really is …how can someone presume they lost a top6 place when they couldn’t win a game in last 6 games …joke but this isn’t going away ??

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

But how do Middlesbrough know they’d have made play offs? They were awful last 6 games and blew it themselves but it’s our fault !!! It’s a joke it really is …how can someone presume they lost a top6 place when they couldn’t win a game in last 6 games …joke but this isn’t going away ??

There's endless precedent in EFL cases about not being able to correlate overspending with specific footballing outcomes.  You simply cannot argue that one team breaching rules directly affects the results/league position of any other team. 

That covers the confidentiality issue they moan about too.  We don't need to know what their actual claims are. If they are claiming that their league position was affected by our overspending, then there's no case to answer, regardless of how they are claiming we 'cheated'.

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Or.......

Is it time for the Administrators/club to now come out with a public statement addressing (shooting down) the points in the EFL and Boro statements?

Let's keep the momentum and public support while we have it ?

No we don’t want to raise the temperature. The blame game does not help us. We have a lot of support from people who can see the claims are spurious. The hard work needs now to done behind the scenes. I suspect that’s what q are doing 

We the fans need to keep badgering MPs, the EFl and councillors 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

I absolutely agree, it’s incredulous to say our finances were the sole reason for Middlesbrough not making the play offs, it’s nonsensical for them to claim compensation on a hypothetical “what if” scenario….and yet here we are, opportunism from them that is being allowed to happen, they’re not pursuing any other teams for similar, it’s clearly being driven by personal vendettas and the fact the club is currently bent over a barrel 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I absolutely agree, it’s incredulous to say our finances were the sole reason for Middlesbrough not making the play offs, it’s nonsensical for them to claim compensation on a hypothetical “what if” scenario….and yet here we are, opportunism from them that is being allowed to happen, they’re not pursuing any other teams for similar, it’s clearly being driven by personal vendettas and the fact the club is currently bent over a barrel 

Assume if Derby hadn’t “cheated” and they field a completely different 11 week in week out - what’s to say they don’t win the league? That argument has as much merit, and in turn we’d have equal standing as boro if we were to sue Morris!!

MFC’s original claim was rejected by the LAP in October 2020.  It wasn’t until May 2021 that it was ruled our player amortisation was incorrect and accounts subsequently filed with the EFL.  How can MFC launch a claim for us breaching FFP in January 2021 when, at that time, the current judgement was that we hadn’t.  The law of the land is innocent until proven guilty.

Also, the accounts submitted in August covered the period 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18.  They specifically mention the season 18/19.  Isn’t one of the administrators duties to submit the accounts for that year?  As they haven’t been submitted how can MFC state we breached FFP?  They’ve gone public on that now and I hope key parties pick up on that.

Looking at our points per game this year before and after our points deduction and looking at what Wigan did a couple of years ago when they got a points deductions, it could easily be argued that when a team gets points deduction, they actually perform better. So if the EFL had given us a points deduction in 18/19 we would have finished in the play offs anyway.

Its as silly as the the claim against us

It would be interesting to see how a league table of a club's player costs in a season (from highest to lowest) stacks up against the actual final table. I bet the chances of them being even remotely close are very slim.

I appreciate bigger budgets do give an advantage, but the degree of that advantage is not definable. Certainly not to a point where it could withstand legal scrutiny.

Dear Mr Gibson 

Is it at all possible to have the contact details of your legal team please 

I went to a supermarket ( won’t mention who ) and asked for two lines on the lotto on Friday for Saturdays draw …when I checked my ticket on saturday I noticed they’d only given me 1 line instead of 2 

therefore because I would have won the lotto jackpot on my second line ( that I wasn’t given ) I’d like to claim the jackpot prize of 8.2m please 

I need a legal team who will take this on please and thought your team sounded  perfect 

regards 

Saity 

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Dear Mr Gibson 

Is it at all possible to have the contact details of your legal team please 

I went to a supermarket ( won’t mention who ) and asked for two lines on the lotto on Friday for Saturdays draw …when I checked my ticket on saturday I noticed they’d only given me 1 line instead of 2 

therefore because I would have won the lotto jackpot on my second line ( that I wasn’t given ) I’d like to claim the jackpot prize of 8.2m please 

I need a legal team who will take this on please and thought your team sounded  perfect 

regards 

Saity 

I'm your Man S8TY, My hourly rate is £500 and hour, I expect 25% of the winnings I get, Also a free membership for life to all Swinger clubs in the UK.

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The hard work needs now to done behind the scenes. I suspect that’s what q are doing 

On my phone I'm unable to quote snippets from both you and @i-ram but you're both essentially saying let the Administrators get on with it now.

As an aside, it's nice to see you both in agreement ?.

Nevertheless, Kirchner, the EFL and Boro all say they try communicating with the Administrators but don't get a response.

That concerns me. I think they should be talking to all interested parties.

Before anyone says "they are representing the creditors", sure they are but unless there's a solution that enables a takeover, the creditors won't be satisfied.

And let's not forget it was public pressure that forced the 'cornered' statements from the EFL and Boro, nothing that the Administrators had done.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is from Boro's statement (only just seen it):

"Why are MFC bringing a claim now?

MFC became aware that Derby County was cheating under the P&S Rules during 2018/19. MFC first intimated a claim against Derby County in May 2019 immediately following the end of the 2018/19 season. The claim was held in abeyance whilst the EFL Disciplinary Proceedings against Derby County were followed through to a conclusion. MFC then sent Derby County a Letter Before Action in the autumn of 2020 and started arbitration proceedings against Derby County in January 2021. Derby County used various procedural tactics to seek to delay the proceedings and as a result the claim has yet to be finally determined. MFC is not responsible for the delay. Had it been finally determined, and an award made in favour of MFC, there would be no dispute that MFC would be a Football Creditor."

It's all ducking ifs and ands, ffs. We've been punished for 'cheating' if you don't like it take it up with the EFL Boro! 

This is utter nonsense. Very very frustrating that the prat that is Mel Morris didn’t have his day in court before going into administration. Now we are in a log jam because we can’t go to court. I can’t see why MFC have a special case over and above all the other championship clubs, which has been dealt with by the EFL through points deduction.