The Administration Thread

Boycie

As @Ghost of Clough said, it would be good to see a time line  of this whole saga with appropriate quotes from the the EFL during the whole process.

Remember this started with Mel trying to level the playing field by skirting around FFP issues by smart business practice. (not defending him) There were no rules in place against what we did with amortisation. They were signed off as OK for three years. After Mcguires intervention we got hauled before the EFL and found guilty of a communication breech only. We got a £100k fine. They were "disappointed" and appealed. Etc etc etc. 

I have a strong sense of fair play but what has happened, including the embargoes and everything else needs laying out fully so those trying to help us understand just how corrupt the EFL are. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

Does anyone remember the quote from the Middlesbrough pirate who openly stated that Middlesbrough were going to smash the league - the season they finished 7th with parachute payments - he meant it the league is now totally distorted with teams not trying all the talk about point deductions and never about competitive football because there is little of that. He certainly smashed the league and it’s hard to see it being able to recover.

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If a sanction had been sorted out by the EFL earlier we would have secured Enough  points to be well clear of it or alternatively I can be fairly sure we wouldn’t have been playing a lot of those individuals who got a draw vs Sheffield Wednesday on the last day - Sheffield Wednesday would have won easily - net result Wycombe would still be relegated. 

Let's of it's buts and maybes which kind of proves the point. 

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As @Ghost of Clough said, it would be good to see a time line  of this whole saga with appropriate quotes from the the EFL during the whole process.

Remember this started with Mel trying to level the playing field by skirting around FFP issues by smart business practice. (not defending him) There were no rules in place against what we did with amortisation. They were signed off as OK for three years. After Mcguires intervention we got hauled before the EFL and found guilty of a communication breech only. We got a £100k fine. They were "disappointed" and appealed. Etc etc etc. 

I have a strong sense of fair play but what has happened, including the embargoes and everything else needs laying out fully so those trying to help us understand just how corrupt the EFL are. 

It needs fully laying out just for information purposes so that supporters  of other football clubs can actually see the real truth as to what’s happened regarding these mafias we have had to deal with, rather than the manipulated press releases.

43 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Ziege is what is being used as the stated case for why the claims are footballing debt. The EFL rules include transfers but there are two issues with the Ziege. 1, it’s not a transfer. 2, it’s not a proven debt.

it’s the first I have heard that Middlesbrough started to go down the arbitration route 12 months ago. If so why don’t we have a conclusion yet and why haven’t the EFL got involved earlier. 

re the takeover I don’t see why anyone in their right minds would agree to pay a potential future debt that hasn’t proved to be a debt. However this is a red herring if the preferred bidder takes over the club and Derby incur a debt as owners then they are liable. 

i would love to see the details of the claims  and Derbys response. 

this is easy to clear up, let the club be bought and then settle the issue at arbitration. The claims should not be a reason for stopping the takeover.

re the EFL, they don’t help themselves with mixed messages such as we have met 2 owners, no we haven’t ……..also they need to accept that the current issues are a collateral effect from their dictate’s. 

we really need an independent and professionally staffed regulator 

Where did it say that?

However straightforward it might be to deal with the claims after admin I can't see anyone risking it. They need to be dealt with first.

How can the EFL be made to be 'flexible' with their policies?!

58 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Did Bournemouth beat boro by just 1 point while over spending . I havent checked but if thats so then yeah your correct . And yeah im dcfc through and through but the fact is gibsons claim has merit but not to the tune of 45m and sending Derby bust . The only way out of this is for Derby to pay the gate receipts from the play offs or cease to exist . With that in mind and i hate saying it i would pay that and move on .

How do you explain their run in - 1 point from the last 7 games. Wasn’t that a factor?

Talking about our overspending, Boro had a higher wage budget than us and spent more on transfers. So spending isn’t a factor. 

If the claim was for gate receipts from playoff semis I don’t think we would have much of an issue.

You’re either talking nonsense or you’re a WUM.

4 minutes ago, DanDan said:

I have tried to find it I don’t want to give false hope to anyone. It was when they break away from Good Morning Britain to the local news.

There's nothing on twitter mate.

Not saying you're wrong. But I think something that big would have been picked up by someone wouldn't it?

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Does anyone remember the quote from the Middlesbrough pirate who openly stated that Middlesbrough were going to smash the league - the season they finished 7th with parachute payments - he meant it the league is now totally distorted with teams not trying all the talk about point deductions and never about competitive football because there is little of that. He certainly smashed the league and it’s hard to see it being able to recover.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-steve-gibson-reflects-13031384

"The only place I want to be is in the Premier League. We're in a good financial stable position, we should have more resources going into next season than any other club."

?

Edited by Crewton

13 minutes ago, DanDan said:

There was a very brief segment on ITV news this morning saying the admins will release a statement today and funding had been sorted for the season. Can’t find it anywhere, don’t know if anyone else heard it or if it’s been mentioned on here ?‍♂️

I saw it too? Either they had or expect to release they had it. I was half way through a dirty nappy 

Edited by Barney1991

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There's nothing on twitter mate.

Not saying you're wrong. But I think something that big would have been picked up by someone wouldn't it?

That’s what I thought, I did want to back it up with evidence but I can’t find it. Wanted to share to see if anyone else had heard or seen it 

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

How do you explain their run in - 1 point from the last 7 games. Wasn’t that a factor?

Talking about our overspending, Boro had a higher wage budget than us and spent more on transfers. So spending isn’t a factor. 

If the claim was for gate receipts from playoff semis I don’t think we would have much of an issue.

You’re either talking nonsense or you’re a WUM.

For gods sake grow up . 

The problem on here is alot of people are wound up and angry .

I have my view which i accept has now changed from other fans pointing things out to me which i did not know . 

No i am NOT talking nonsense or a WUM or a red .  Just get a life if thats what you reply with and and have a breathe for 10 mins and come back and argue evenly and professionally .Its a forum people have slighlty different opinions , mine has now changed . 

The EFL can make all of this go away in an instant - they can simply say they were too harsh on Derby over the amortisation which was clearly legal but cloudy and change the punishment from minus 9 points to a suspended minus 9 points and with that statement the issues between Middlesbrough and Wycombe fold. The politicians and the government might let the EFL survive following that

please forward to mr Rick Parry