The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

No he didn’t it was a fans made meme. Again we have a so called Derby fan saying the sort of things a Boro fan says. 

I don't recall ever hearing it said, hence why I asked the question.

If it is just a fabrication then its really not helpful to our cause.

Its the sort of thing, outsiders viewing this board will see and then go on social media spreading it as fact.

Unbelievable that there are still fans of opposition clubs who think we were found guilty of over valuing the ground...

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's obviously got so far up the noses of the EFL then this is payback time.

You can say what you want about the expectations of a governing body but you'd also be extremely naive to think that in whatever sphere of work or business if you've successfully pissed enough of your colleagues off then they'd be rushing to help you when you find yourself in trouble, trouble that you've engineered yourself.

So you don't think the admin team statement yesterday might risk pissing EFL off?

To be honest I think we should stop worrying about pissing them off because it really makes no difference.  The admin team tried craven submission with the 21 point deduction and that didn't work either.

12 minutes ago, nottingram said:

That is (sort of) the point I am making!

He is only too happy to chime up when Derby are alleged to have done wrong, but suspiciously quiet when the EFL are seemingly blackmailing DCFC into liquidation.

I suspect when we’re gone, him and his mate on the podcast will be saying how sad it all is, without any self awareness whatsoever.

There is nothing on SSN or the BBC sports news or any other news outlet about our situation, no one is highlighting or ivestigating it, ........only when we are gone will they make news of it, and they will poor compassion.........Arsenal trying to pull out of there game against Spurs is more important than the death of Derby County

Edited by BriggRam

18 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Look, I know you're enjoying this, but you might at least fact-check your own posts. AFAICR he never said this. 

If you believe that I am deriving some sort of personal gratification from watching the club I support face near extinction whilst the architect of all this, whom washed his hands of the mess he created sits comfortably in his own created self isolation then you have no idea.

Edited by Tyler Durden

34 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wonder, if DCFC threatened a counter claim again Boro and for losses incurred from potential loss football league status, brought about by these vexatious claims, if Boro would have to provide proof of funding before making any signings or renewing contracts?

Well Middlesbrough have set themselves up for the whole of football to have a an utter distrust of them with all their various legal claims and threats over the years 

Boro vs premiership 

Boro vs Liverpool 

Boro vs EFL ( threat) 

Boro vs Derby county 

soon it will be Boro vs anyone else 

they just make people turn away from football and not just the utter crap they have served up on a football pitch 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So you don't think the admin team statement yesterday might risk pissing EFL off?

To be honest I think we should stop worrying about pissing them off because it really makes no difference.  The admin team tried craven submission with the 21 point deduction and that didn't work either.

The point was we've gone past the point of pissing them off which has contributed to the situation we find ourselves in now

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Well Middlesbrough have set themselves up for the whole of football to have a an utter distrust of them with all their various legal claims and threats over the years 

Boro vs premiership 

Boro vs Liverpool 

Boro vs EFL ( threat) 

Boro vs Derby county 

soon it will be Boro vs anyone else 

they just make people turn away from football and not just the utter crap they have served up on a football pitch 

I remember years ago watching chains and padlocks being put on Aresome Park, I felt sad, now I wished they'd stayed on and that poohole stayed shut

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Once again I need your help I-ram. I’m breaking the record for angry faces

But is what I am saying wrong, or not what people want to hear? I think Wayne Rooney might agree with me about Q. They have pulled his pants down in the playground and all the girls are laughing 

And do you still cling to your much vaunted view that our current travails owe nothing to the Gibson claims ? 

I will probably post more fully later Kevin. I have just had a quick skim through as per my morning routine, but have a few things to do over the next few hours.

2 immediate thoughts.

Don’t worry about angry faces on the Internet.

I think Quantuma were mugged by the EFL on Thursday, but it is really harsh to blame them. They no doubt entered the meeting with a plan that met the statutory requirements of IA86 and all Acts that followed, that was for the collective benefit of the established creditors who they represent, and with a funding arrangement and plan in accordance with the backing of their preferred bidder which would give the club an opportunity to still be competitive this season, as well as ensuring its continuing survival. The EFL cut through all of that it seems by insisting that their rule on arbitration of Boro and Wycomb’s vexatious claims must come before any of that is considered is astonishing, in my view - but I am no legal expert, and I won’t become one scouring the Internet over the coming days. I would have thought that Quantuma must now consider taking counsel with a view to injuncting the EFL to enable the statutory process to proceed. If they have the funds to do so. Otherwise perhaps MSD will. They have a lot to lose if they end up ultimately with a white elephant stadium for their £25m advance, and no Club to play in it.

3 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

There is nothing on SSN or the BBC sports news or any other news outlet about our situation, no one is highlighting or ivestigating it, ........only when we are gone will they make news of it, and they will poor compassion.........Arsenal trying to pull out of there game against Spurs is more important than the death of Derby County

The media don't care about clubs outside of the Premier League, especially ones that have been out of it as long as we have. Unfortunately we would only be a tiny blemish on their news feed if the worst was to happen.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you believe that I am deriving some sort of personal gratification from watching the club I support face near extinction whilst the architect of all this remains whom washed his hands of the mess he created sits comfortably in his own created self isolation then you have no idea.

Like I said above, it was my impression derived from reading your posts. I apologise if I've misconstrued your position, but you do appear to be out of step with the general sentiments on this board. You can change that perception quite easily if you want to. 

Morris' day of reckoning will undoubtedly come, but the immediate crisis is being caused by the collusion of the EFL with Gibson and Couhig and that's where I believe fans' ire and energy should be directed ATMIT. 

22 minutes ago, nottingram said:

That is (sort of) the point I am making!

He is only too happy to chime up when Derby are alleged to have done wrong, but suspiciously quiet when the EFL are seemingly blackmailing DCFC into liquidation.

I suspect when we’re gone, him and his mate on the podcast will be saying how sad it all is, without any self awareness whatsoever.

I have no doubts you are right.

IMO he did this as some sort of nerdy accountant style vanity project to prove his worth. He saw that our accounts weren't 'normal' and it probably gave him sleepless nights. He clearly set out to use his accounting knowledge to stamp his accounting authority down on the EFL.

I'm sure he is a very nice man.

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The point was we've gone past the point of pissing them off which has contributed to the situation we find ourselves in now

So did MM make a comment about having the EFL on strings?

If not, maybe its the people making these stories and memes up that have contributed to pissing the EFL off?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It doesn't matter if Morris said it. This is what did the rounds of social media (Nov 2019) and is doing the rounds again this time by Boro fans!

Of course it matters whether he said it or not.

You can't accuse MM of pissing the EFL by saying he said something that he did not actually say.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I will probably post more fully later Kevin. I have just had a quick skim through as per my morning routine, but have a few things to do over the next few hours.

2 immediate thoughts.

Don’t worry about angry faces on the Internet.

I think Quantuma were mugged by the EFL on Thursday, but it is really harsh to blame them. They no doubt entered the meeting with a plan that met the statutory requirements of IA86 and all Acts that followed, that was for the collective benefit of the established creditors who they represent, and with a funding arrangement and plan in accordance with the backing of their preferred bidder which would give the club an opportunity to still be competitive this season, as well as ensuring its continuing survival. The EFL cut through all of that it seems by insisting that their rule on arbitration of Boro and Wycomb’s vexatious claims must come before any of that is considered is astonishing, in my view - but I am no legal expert, and I won’t become one scouring the Internet over the coming days. I would have thought that Quantuma must now consider taking counsel with a view to injuncting the EFL to enable the statutory process to proceed. If they have the funds to do so. Otherwise perhaps MSD will. They have a lot to lose if they end up ultimately with a white elephant stadium for their £25m advance, and no Club to play in it.

I think that's exactly right and despite you thinking I spend all my time Googling I am not going to look up insolvency law either. But my money is on Quantuma being right and EFL wrong.

In the meantime, we need funding to tide us over. How long for , who knows? An injunction or Court hearing may be done quite quickly possibly in advance of the EFL arbitration process.

But I am now quite worried about the summer window. Will we able to renew any contracts at all? So we lose 15 players in the summer? As well as the 3 we've lost this week?  

The boro and wycombe claims have no value until they are considered by some sort of inquiry. If they are given credence then football explodes because any team that list in the playoffs to us can then also make a claim. 

the EFL are just being Bamfords and will eventually back down once we are down. 

daily mail had a headline of more points deductions because of football debts - I reckon another 12 points coming our way and then takeover goes ahead. Followed by Boro and Wycombe being told to shut up