The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The big elephant in the room is the fact no preffered bidder has been announced tonight.

Rooneys comments today suggested to me it would be tonight, "we will know BY tomorrow".

And here we are.

I think the telegraph article is more of a significant story than some/many are willing to accept unfortunately.

It depends who "we" is - if "we" is the main people at the club such as Wayne then he may well know tonight. Also if we is him, Colleen and the boys. Someone else knew someone who knew someone who knew someone who said staff meeting tomorrow morning. Also, much as I have grown to value him at the club, I dont think the subtleties of Wayne's use of language should perhaps be used as evidence

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think the EFL are determined to inflict more pain .

It’s  been suggested to me that Derby are not quite in a distressed enough state for Ashley to go in for the kill. He will wait until the verge of liquidation.

Unfortunately that could cause January transfer window problems 

Or it might not.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

It’s  been suggested to me that Derby are not quite in a distressed enough state for Ashley to go in for the kill. He will wait until the verge of liquidation.

I fear you are right.

EFL clubs want to pick the Derby carcass. So EFL will reduce Derby to a carcass. It’s quite obvious really. They all think Derby have just got stronger since Admin - and they want to see more blood & entrails. Gibson and his ilk are silver-back Gorillas - it’s what makes them “successful” - and inflicting damage makes them feel potent and powerful. 

Hopefully, our Administrators are used to playing 4d chess - and can pull a rabbit from a hat. 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Voices in your head?

Just now, Curtains said:

Mate it’s ok to joke but I think the situation is perilous.

You may feel differently and that why you are having fun .

The situation really isn’t perilous buddy. You and the guy who thinks Mackworth Ram is a god ? are totally overreacting to a bit of tittle tattle in the paper. Who is it that has suggested to you that it is too early for Ashley to enter the fray if it is not the milkman?

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

The situation really isn’t perilous buddy. You and the guy who thinks Mackworth Ram is a god ? are totally overreacting to a bit of tittle tattle in the paper. Who is it that has suggested to you that it is too early for Ashley to enter the fray if it is not the milkman?

We will see mate but I think you are off the mark. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If someone said to you I'll have the money to you BY 6 o clock, you would be wondering where they were at 6.01.

GIF by European Commission

the end GIF

6 o’clock is a specific time. ‘Tomorrow’ is a 24 hour period. Usually following today.Idiot Facepalm GIF

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We aren't over reacting at all.

Its like de ja vu, every transfer window or takeover saga for the past 2 years have been the same, people like you remaining positive and pointing the finger at people like me for being negative. 

Yet every window, or takeover saga, for the last 2 years have ended the same way.

If you don't like what we say, that's fine, but don't go name calling or trying to throw in little smart remarks to chip away at us. I don't do it to u (unless provoked of course).

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Its like de ja vu, every transfer window or takeover saga for the past 2 years have been the same, people like you remaining positive and pointing the finger at people like me for being negative. 

Yet every window, or takeover saga, for the last 2 years have ended the same way.

If you don't like what we say, that's fine, but don't go name calling or trying to throw in little smart remarks to chip away at us. I don't do it to u (unless provoked of course).

God

My prediction is this

- the preferred bidder will be announced tomorrow 

- however the takeover won’t be completed until the summer (not sure why??)

- therefore the EFL require proof of funds until the end of the season

- so all that remains is that we have to find enough funds to support the club until the end of the season. I can only assume that the club and or administrators can do this. Although my fear is that it might be done by a player or two going out the door.

I’m not in the know, that’s just what it all points too to me.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You are totally overreacting.  Wayne said all we really need to hear today. The rest is journalistic tittle tattle.

You say: Rooneys comments today suggested to me it would be tonight, "we will know BY tomorrow".

Now I know Wayne is not the most eloquent of speakers. But I am pretty sure if he thought the details of the preferred bidder were going to be announced tonight he might have mumbled the sentence “we will know BY tonight”. Perhaps though I am giving him far too much credit.