The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

This (Telegraph ? even if true) has no bearing directly on naming a preferred bidder right? Surely admin don’t need permission to name their preference.

Need to check they have funds (which we know was requirement to see books).

Need to pass fit and proper test. Difficult to see an issue with the named individuals..

Could be a small delay to resigning Jags at worse? (Optimism gland swelling this evening) ?

Well this is exactly what I was questioning earlier and was told not to bother by another poster.

But i am bothered. Very bothered. This is my football club and the EFL has been ducking us around for the last two years and they still are. Rooney said he was waiting for decisions from the EFL in the context of naming a preferred bidder. Like you, I can see no reason or anything that it is antything to do with EFL who the admin team's preferred bidder is.  Sure they will ultimately have to approve the fit and proper test but that should be a formality. At this stage , not even that should be an issue, it's purely down to the admin team trying to do the best thing for the creditors, which is their job.           

Seems abit of a non story and exactly what you would expect to happen?

Until a preferred hidder is named, the EFL want to make sure we have enough money for the rest of the season before approving any new signings or contracts - makes sense to me. Spending money we dont have is what got us here in the first place.

Until a preferred bidder is named and has commited any money into the club (£5m deposit?), it is down to what money we currently have in the bank.

Hopefully the preferred bidder is close to being named and we have shown the EFL their funds too so nothing can be delayed.

33 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

This is the EFL trying to force us to sell players at a fee below our valuation. This is beyond disgusting and unfair. 

Why would they want to do that? I really don't fully buy into this theory that the EFL are hell bent on destroying Derby County.

Admittedly I haven't read the full article (is it behind a pay wall?), but reading the headline, and in particular the suggestion that Rooney has to put his plans on hold, I got the impression the EFL were looking for proof of funding to keep us going pending the takeover before allowing new contracts to be offered. Maybe that proof is the non refundable £5m deposit.

I'm not sure which is more likely - I've misinterpreted the article or the article is mostly made up.

Edited by Tamworthram

Under the terms of the agreed budget the Rams are allowed an annual wage bill of £15,775,000 a year which equates to £303,365/week, as there are approx 16 weeks until the end of the season the EFL logic will be that in the absence of a sale of the club they have to show that they have 16 x £303,365 a sum of £4.854 million to underwrite the seaSon being completed, without proof of this amount EFL computer will say NO, hence the need to get the £5million deposit in place ASAP

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Some serious contradictions going on somewhere..

So allegedly Quantuma want the EFL to approve a preferred bidder who will put funds into the club to ensure we can finish the season, the EFL’s response is (also allegedly) to say we’re not doing that until you show us you have the funds to finish the season. ? Round and round we go. I’m so bored of this dragging on and on, let’s hope what Rooney seemed so confident of today is closest to the truth and things move forward quickly. 

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's just hard to work out what this is about.

If its the EFL dotting i's and crossing t's then fair enough, given our recent financial track record. But if the EFL are deliberately putting last minute road blocks in then I fear the worse.

When you get to be a wise old owl you'll see life a little different, You'll become aware there are people out there who want to upset all and sundry because they have the ears of so many and an outlet that some follow.

Patients is a vitue, Impatients risks high blood pressure, Take life steady and you'll live a good life.

From

image.thumb.png.f2f9b43c7cb7f3e4a250613f6f5579c8.png

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

He also states that the ‘Boro and Wycombe issues are a stumbling block, which the administrators have confirmed it isn’t.

Not to naming a preferred bidder, no. It's still a stumbling block to the actual takeover, however.

Their statement indicated that the situation would still need to be discussed / negotiated / dealt with once the preferred bidder was in place - it didn't say they'd wave it away and say 'see you in court'.

(although it didn't say they wouldn't)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

So allegedly Quantuma want the EFL to approve a preferred bidder who will put funds into the club to ensure we can finish the season, the EFL’s response is (also allegedly) to say we’re not doing that until you show us you have the funds to finish the season. ? Round and round we go. I’m so bored of this dragging on and on, let’s hope what Rooney seemed so confident of today is closest to the truth and things move forward quickly. 

What I don't like is Rooney saying in the context of a preferred bidder that the EFL were making decisions  today and that an announcement was expected tomorrow. And Owen Bradley saying EFL were reviewing "our case" today. What case?    

Ironic, isn't it, that we've been told that DCFC have been "systematically cheating" and behaving dishonourably for years, but demanding you be allowed to buy another club's players for virtually nothing is just "business"? 

I think Quantuma or Rooney should tell the world what these derisory bids are and who has made them, so everyone can judge who's behaving reasonably. 

I haven't kept up with this, but skimming through couple latest pages my take is this: we are supposed to be butthurt towards twitter nobodies, so called journalists and EFL, because the latter is demanding the proof of funds from preferred bidder?

For me, it's sounds quite logical but then again how dare they.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Ironic, isn't it, that we've been told that DCFC have been "systematically cheating" and behaving dishonourably for years, but demanding you be allowed to buy another club's players for virtually nothing is just "business"? 

I think Quantuma or Rooney should tell the world what these derisory bids are and who has made them, so everyone can judge who's behaving reasonably. 

Rattlesnake's Racists FC made  bids for Sibley. Whatever they offered I doubt they can afford him.    

18 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Right. Or are they forcing a fire sale to exact their pound of flesh? Their members will have been consulted on this. 

I think that's it. What would it look like to Steve Gibson if heaven forbid, we stop up and Mike Ashley takes over and spends money for a promotion push next season, Gibbo would have kittens and the EFL would have problems to deal with.

The EFL will ensure Rooney cannot strengthen, to the point that we will actually lose Jagielka after Saturday if Percy is correct. And to keep the club going we will be forced to sell whoever we can get a few quid for.

It seems the EFL, added to the Boro and Wycome charges are preventing the club moving forward.

It's like 3 people spotting someone drowning and shouting "we will help", 1 throws the life ring away, the other puts his foot on their head and the 3rd asks how cold the water is.