The Administration Thread

Boycie

43 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Can we sue them both? Their points should be deducted this season, not next, and that might materially affect us getting relegated...

Need an owner and maybe we can start some legal action against them both! Bristol City beat us and look to be cheating FFP. Derby have had their punishment at this stage so surely we should get the 3 points back or Bristol City lose a load of points. Boro next .....or will Gibson ask his chums at the EFL to let his club off ?? Maybe if they’re cheating FFP, they should not be allowed to field their highest earners against us. Let’s sue them.... 

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Apologies if this has been covered before and if I have this wrong.

If Ashley bought the stadium from Mel for say 20 million, could he then mortgage the stadium for the full market value? 

Assuming he then put the money generated from that mortgage into the club would this then help with FFP and giving room for Wayne Rooney (or Rafa ?) to build a team?

This could be done for sure.

48 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Can we sue them both? Their points should be deducted this season, not next, and that might materially affect us getting relegated...

According to Bristol Live they will pass the three year P&S test this year but there could be problems ahead so, sadly, no.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

According to Bristol Live they will pass the three year P&S test this year but there could be problems ahead so, sadly, no.

They will be massively over next year unless they make massive cost cuts. They are only compliant at the moment because of a profit made three years ago but they’ve been making big losses since. I don’t know the sanctions but they are facing a huge points deduction next year unless they get rid of a lot of players. And even then, what about those players’ contracts?  they need to have high earning players with contracts running out otherwise they are in massive trouble. 

3 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Just had a look at Middlesbrough FC board and many saying how they aren’t concerned about FFP because Gibson keeps talking about it and is an advocate for it etc...: Remember how much Mel Morris has talked about FFP over the years and that hasn’t helped Derby! 

Well quite... been there done that. Or does sudden desperation to generate funds by trying to sue us suggest that he is perhaps not as comfortable on that front a Boro fans believe. I remember well how we all were keen to hear the situation regarding FFP and were told it was all fine and we swallowed that.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

After this season and our punishment has had an effect I fully expect the EFL to temporarily abandon FFP and point deductions to suit other clubs as there will be plenty of them in the actual poo - just watch this happen !

They wouldn’t be able to, especially after all of the sabre rattling by Gibson. He may actually cause his own downfall as the EFL will feel obliged to uphold the rules he’s been screeching about.

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

3 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

They will be massively over next year unless they make massive cost cuts. They are only compliant at the moment because of a profit made three years ago but they’ve been making big losses since. I don’t know the sanctions but they are facing a huge points deduction next year unless they get rid of a lot of players. And even then, what about those players’ contracts?  they need to have high earning players with contracts running out otherwise they are in massive trouble. 

I know. That’s how I read it but, the point is, they’re not going to face any points deduction this season.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

They wouldn’t be able to, especially after all of the sabre rattling by Gibson. He may actually cause his own downfall as the EFL will feel obliged to uphold the rules he’s been screeching about.

Nope they will change it because they will all vote for it ! 
the Bristol CEO is saying they would take legal action if they were done because covid and it was an act of God and maybe it was everywhere but Derby because we went into administration and said it was an act of God - all the other clubs said no it wasn’t you should have prepared for it ! - I hope our new owner ( if we are allowed one) gets his legal people focused on this one because they have been throwing stones in our greenhouse. 

Edited by angieram

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Apologies if this has been covered before and if I have this wrong.

If Ashley bought the stadium from Mel for say 20 million, could he then mortgage the stadium for the full market value? 

Assuming he then put the money generated from that mortgage into the club would this then help with FFP and giving room for Wayne Rooney (or Rafa ?) to build a team?

Lovely idea but “market” value wouldn’t be any greater

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

True. Other clubs may be sweating though. 

When the likes of Stoke write down the value of players by £30 million etc due to covid = ( make it up) and think they are clever - you know trouble is coming and it will come from the likes of Luton Barnsley etc with very low cost base who will say hang on a minute 

42 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Just had a look at Middlesbrough FC board and many saying how they aren’t concerned about FFP because Gibson keeps talking about it and is an advocate for it etc...: Remember how much Mel Morris has talked about FFP over the years and that hasn’t helped Derby! 

There reasoning is off, but it would be very surprising if they do get penalised over the next couple of years. They've managed their wage bill sensibly and haven't spent much on transfers over the past 3 seasons.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There reasoning is off, but it would be very surprising if they do get penalised over the next couple of years. They've managed their wage bill sensibly and haven't spent much on transfers over the past 3 seasons.

Isn’t the same true of us over the last 3 years? Ok we signed the two polish guys , but also sold a lot of players. 

and how many managers have Boro had the last 3 years?

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Nope they will change it because they will all vote for it ! 
the Bristol CEO is saying they would take legal action if they were done because covid and it was an act of God and maybe it was everywhere but Derby because we went into administration and said it was an act of God - all the other clubs said no it wasn’t you should have prepared for it ! - I hope our new owner ( if we are allowed one) gets his legal people focused on this one because they have been throwing stones in our greenhouse. 

If there’s even a hint that covid is being considered in this way, then our new owners should threaten immediate legal action citing this and the Stoke player value write down to allow our 12 point administration punishment to be overturned. 

It’s fair enough that we are experiencing the financial effects of going into admin. But the 12 point penalty is to discourage *reckless* use of administration and is a separate consideration I think. If everyone is being affected by covid, then it’s not a reckless decision on our part. Could also cite Gibson’s statements that it is important for the integrity of the game that this is resolved in the current season …

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

It’s their rules, they can change them when they want.

Edited by angieram

5 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

In the latest comment by the administrators it is indicated that they are now treating the club and stadium as separate entities. I thing when Ashley's name came into the frame last week it said along the lines of buy the club and then the stadium. With somebody like Ashley if he gets the club he could will offer 10 million for the stadium take it or leave it. That would give Morris the option of being stuck with the debt on the stadium or having to use some of his own cash and sell it on the cheap. The first loss is always the smallest as they say

The problem with any deal is Mel Morris, he still has us all by the balls because any buyer will need to buy PP.