Reality check - Survival vote

RAM1966

Will we survive?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've had a tough couple of years and the downwards spiral continues.  The breaking news today that a Preferred bidder would not be announced this side of Xmas, which essential means not until at least the second week in January as there are obviously still negotiations going on and Xmas holidays where sod all will be achieved.

The major risks to a deal are in my view:

HMRC - I think the best deal we can hope for is a very long extended time to pay, I doubt they will reduce the debt, a long pay back period is the best we can hope for.

Mel Morris - A man that was deceitful to the fans, ran up huge debts and has walked away with an £81.1M asset in his back pocket with a £20m loan secured against it.  Lets also not forget his £124M in soft loans to the cub.  I think he should personally throw the stadium into the deal providing the MSD debts are cleared.  My understanding is he wants a payment, if not why has he not put in writing that the ground can be included in any sale providing that MSD has been paid off.  After all he caused this mess!!!!!!

The unsecured creditors - I pretty much see they will accept the 20p in the £.  So this does not concern me too much.

Boro & Wycombe - Owned by a pair of chancers and opportunists that are trying to make million's out of our club, or maybe even trying so seen it go under all together because the £51M combine claims are a risk.  I don't think they have a cat in hells chance winning legally, but in this strange Football Bubble we live in who would think that the EFL could sign off our accounts and agree our amortisation policies, only to go back several years and punish us retrospectively after changing the rules.       

Covid - The threat of crowds being reduced due to passports and lockdowns is also a risk to the club, as it will reduce revenues.

When you throw all these moving parts in together, is it any wonder the fans are anxious.  I'm going to make a prediction now and its one where there is a fire sale in January, the administrators will then try to value the club at the same price as they did at the start of this process only to find out they've fooked the sale up.  Liquidation is looking more and more like the most likely outcome for me!!!!

So who thinks we will survive an why?

Who thinks we will be liquidated and why?

Edited by Boycie

9 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

We've had a tough couple of years and the downwards spiral continues.  The breaking news today that a Preferred bidder would not be announced this side of Xmas, which essential means not until at least the second week in January as there are obviously still negotiations going on and Xmas holidays where sod all will be achieved.

HMRC - I think the best deal we can hope for is a very long extended time to pay, I doubt they will reduce the debt, a long pay back period is the best we can hope for.

Mel Morris - A man that was deceitful to the fans, ran up huge debts and has walked away with an £81.1M asset in his back pocket with a £20m loan secured against it.  Lets also not forget his £124M in soft loans to the cub.  I think he should personally throw the stadium into the deal providing the MSD debts are cleared.  My understanding is he wants a payment, if not why has he not put in writing that the ground can be included in any sale providing that MSD has been paid off.  After all he caused this mess!!!!!!

The unsecured creditors - I pretty much see they will accept the 20p in the £.  So this does not concern me too much.

Boro & Wycombe - Owned by a pair of chancers and opportunists that are trying to make million's out of our club, or maybe even trying so seen it go under all together because the £51M combine claims are a risk.  I don't think they have a cat in hells chance winning legally, but in this strange Football Bubble we live in who would think that the EFL could sign off our accounts and agree our amortisation policies, only to go back several years and punish us retrospectively after changing the rules.       

Covid - The threat of crowds being reduced due to passports and lockdowns is also a risk to the club, as it will reduce revenues.

When you throw all these moving parts in together, is it any wonder the fans are anxious.  I'm going to make a prediction now and its one where there is a fire sale in January, the administrators will then try to value the club at the same price as they did at the start of this process only to find out they've fooked the sale up.  Liquidation is looking more and more like the most likely outcome for me!!!!

Kirchner reckons that Mel has defaulted on the loan, so the stadium is now owned by MSD.

The unsecured creditors have to get 25% or we get a hefty points deduction next season.

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Kirchner reckons that Mel has defaulted on the loan, so the stadium is now owned by MSD.

The unsecured creditors have to get 25% or we get a hefty points deduction next season.

He's just announced he has bailed.............

On 23/12/2021 at 21:09, RAM1966 said:

Regarding HMRC, if the clubs want to extend the payments longer than 2 years then 35% has to be paid off at the beginning.