The Derby County Frankenstein Player Thread

Day

6 minutes ago, David said:

Feel free to add a biggest bulge category ?

I can confirm that's probably Kevin Francis .  When Arthur Cox got into the habit of bunging him out wide when we going through the Maxwell famine, he tried to trap the ball, tripped instead and hurtled straight toward me at the front of the Normanton End.  What spilt out of those 80's style underpants that used to pass for shorts, almost blocked out the sun.  I was left wondering if he'd tripped over the ball or something else.     

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Not exactly in-keeping with the spirit of the thread but I always thought if you somehow took Conor Sammon’s pace, height, strength and stamina and added Martin’s technique and intelligence then you’d have an absolutely ridiculous striker.

Rare as it was I occasionally saw some wicked skill and technique from Conor Sammon, and I actually don't think his footballng brain was too bad.

He could have been the next Paulo Wanchope.

It's just the two things seemed worlds apart, completely disconnected from one another as if his brain was too far away from his feet and they just never joined up.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Not exactly in-keeping with the spirit of the thread but I always thought if you somehow took Conor Sammon’s pace, height, strength and stamina and added Martin’s technique and intelligence then you’d have an absolutely ridiculous striker.

Sadly we got Martins pace and Sammons skill in the one and only Leon Best

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

left leg or is it right leg- Taribo West

Right leg or maybe left leg- Taribo West

Legs worked without connection to Brain.

Thought Taribo was pretty decent (when he actually deemed to grace us with his presence).

Sir Claude of Davis… now that’s another matter…

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders