Christmas Dinner 2021

Day

Christmas Dinner  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 03/12/2021 at 21:17, Wolfie said:

My homemade chicken liver pate & breads, followed by roast turkey and beef. 

My dauphinois potatoes are legendary in my family. Also roasties and all the rest of the trimmings including loads of pigs in blankets

I love dauphinois potatoes! ☺️ And roasties and sprouts and stuffing and bread sauce!

Edited by Miggins

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Swap the beef and the turkey for a nice joint of Quorn and you're sorted ?

I hate Quorn!! Home made nut roast for me, but even without my nut roast I'm still happy with roasties and lots of roast parsnips, sprouts and bread sauce. I don't miss meat but I'd miss all the other bits!! Just miss out the beef wellington and the rest is heavenly. Food of the gods! (Especially the parsnips with parmesan and the saute broccoli!)?

Edited by Miggins

3 hours ago, Miggins said:

You remind me of my infants when doing collage work in art. I'd put a huge collection of materials on the table and they would grab handfuls like greedy magpies. It was absolutely useless to tell them that more is less! Still, they had lots of fun, which is probably more than you would have with your fantasy nut roast!! Probably just as messy though! ? If you do try it, hope it stays down before the Queen's Message.?

Tell 'em less is more next year instead and see if it’s any better 

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ta to @TexasRamfor the mighty fine idea of doing Yorkshires to accompany the turkey. Cannot believe I've not done that before. And I don't care two hoots if it's common! 

Noooo don’t do it ? (there’s not room on the plate) 

As we’re driving to my Mums during the afternoon of the big day, we’ve decided to flip the script this year. Going to have Christmas Dinner in the evening with the family. At lunchtime, all 4 of us are going to pick our fave foods and have a buffet style lunch. Fajitas, pizza, lemon meringue and pancakes will be on the menu, with a side of crisps and dip. 

Due to family members getting positive covid tests, the turkey as been consigned to the freezer and the family Christmas day lunch as been postpone until new year's day. 

So lunch will be a lot smaller affair with just three sat around the table. Lunch will now be pan fried duck breast with a blackberry sauce, roast potatoes, braised red cabbage and peas.

The only good thing to come out of this is I'll be spending less time than usual in the kitchen on Christmas day.

9 hours ago, sage said:

My morrisons order comea tonight. They've just emailed me 5weird substitutions and no Turkey 

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

I'm amazed. We were in Morrisons Derby tonight around 9:30 and there were loads of turkeys on sale. I really wish I had read this earlier and I would gladly have picked you one up (and delivered your beer boxes)

Was it fresh or frozen you wanted? The fresh ones were large, but there were no small.