Christmas Dinner 2021

Day

Christmas Dinner  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I know you have a deep seated aversion to turkey @David but I urge you to try one of these. I get the fact it can be dry if cooked wrong but this cooked in some kind of stock/sauce makes it almost impossible for it to be dry. I cooked it in cider and Jack Daniels. 

Twas very nice if I do say so myself. 

20211127_134308.thumb.jpg.830e4c1618fb19ebdb68e817409fac54.jpg

20211128_175704.thumb.jpg.7007e0e722e7d72577639dd7a14790c8.jpg20211129_170939.thumb.jpg.b9a4afcf5162cd6e66ae4ffd75810ccb.jpg

I'll pass thanks all the same, bad enough spending Christmas in Nottingham this year to be eating that.

In fairness, I'm actually looking forward to it, at my mums, sister her fella and kids piling down as well so will be a house full.

Lamb shanks for us this year, thankfully the disgust for turkey runs deep through the family.

2 minutes ago, David said:

I'll pass thanks all the same, bad enough spending Christmas in Nottingham this year to be eating that.

In fairness, I'm actually looking forward to it, at my mums, sister her fella and kids piling down as well so will be a house full.

Lamb shanks for us this year, thankfully the disgust for turkey runs deep through the family.

I can see you won't be converted easily. Those turkey drumsticks are basically the equivalent of lamb shanks. Admittedly I'd pick lamb shanks everytime too tbf but variety is the spice of life. Never say never or so they say. 

7 minutes ago, David said:

Lamb shanks with the family is quite common in Nottingham I’m led to believe

Two Chickens at the Parsnip house.

Boxing day at the mother in laws will as usual be turkey, cooked until it has the texture of mdf.

Tbf turkey is perfectly edible. Just needs smothering in gravy. If it was cheap I'd understand why people have it instead of just cooking as many chickens as you need - but it's weirdly expensive.

I'm hungry now.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I know you have a deep seated aversion to turkey @David but I urge you to try one of these. I get the fact it can be dry if cooked wrong but this cooked in some kind of stock/sauce makes it almost impossible for it to be dry. I cooked it in cider and Jack Daniels. 

Twas very nice if I do say so myself. 

20211127_134308.thumb.jpg.830e4c1618fb19ebdb68e817409fac54.jpg

20211128_175704.thumb.jpg.7007e0e722e7d72577639dd7a14790c8.jpg20211129_170939.thumb.jpg.b9a4afcf5162cd6e66ae4ffd75810ccb.jpg

Turkey cooked in cider and Jack?! I'll have David's portion as well then - sounds mega that does.