Christmas Dinner 2021

Day

Christmas Dinner  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I am going for beef Wellington also (Jamie Oliver recipe)

Not told the kids it’s got chicken livers in the inter layer between meat and pastry.

Thinking of making it early (tonight) and fridging it. Any experiences of this is in DCFCFans world?

The rubber's a bit chewy, and it's difficult to get the 'Barbour' letters off.

With all the talk of yorkshire puddings reminds me of being a young teenager and living with my parents always on a sunday before the roast beef my mum used to make a large yorkshire pudding with herbs added before it was put in the oven,can remember sage and a sliced onion.It was always served as a starter with plenty of gravy,yummy.Does anyone else remember eating yorkshire puddings like this.My mother was raised in Dublin,but lived part of her early wedded life in Sheffield.

5 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Thinking of making it early (tonight) and fridging it. Any experiences of this is in DCFCFans world?

I was considering doing the same, but I imagine the wetness from the beef will spoil the pastry. I'm not taking any chances and will be doing it Saturday morning. 

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I was considering doing the same, but I imagine the wetness from the beef will spoil the pastry. I'm not taking any chances and will be doing it Saturday morning. 

Come to same conclusion. Might make the content of the intermediate layer early though. Will report back post the big day…

On 23/12/2021 at 13:43, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Come to same conclusion. Might make the content of the intermediate layer early though. Will report back post the big day…

Well mine were a triumph. Portobello mushroom filling on top of fillet steak. Sorry no photos. Skipped the red wine jus, went for the posh alternative (Bisto). 

On 23/12/2021 at 13:37, GboroRam said:

Had a bit of a soggy bottom but meat was cooked spot on. This is my wife’s plate with token sprout.

D522D101-27E6-4448-A81B-A52B92443536.jpeg

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

To be fair, they look better than mine. Pastry was a bit thin so was some leaking. 

Had a bit of seepage too and was a nightmare to carve as the pastry had a lot less strength than the beef. Had to kind of rebuild it on the plate but having done so it looked ok.

Main thing is the beef at the end of the day. (Bloody cat has turned her nose up at the left overs though ?‍♂️. Must prefer horse meat).

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders