Missing 10,000 it’s time too turn up

whaley bridge Ram

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I won’t be attending due to being in Derby Royal with appendicitis. 
In the 1970’s/80’s I would have been stood in the Popside in my surgical gown holding my drip stand but I’m a bit wimpier these days ?

You'd have looked a right prat in a gown with ya Doc Martens on!!!!! ?

38 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

?????So the different enjoyable atmosphere is nothing to do with the circumstances we are in this season? And that wasnt also the case with the premier league disaster season which had a similar vibe?

Well, if you’re one of the people who ironically cheer Kelle Roos when he claims the ball and then spends the rest of the game moaning that he’s not as good as de Gea, then yes I mean you.

I’m sick and tired of hearing the moaning twits around me doing the same and I am pleased that they aren’t here any longer.

I've been off work for 3 months and have only been receiving SSP for the past month, this conveniently coincided with coming off a fixed rate tariff for my energy usage which due to the price cap has seen my energy costs now double which is exacerbated by the fact we're now moving into winter.

Would love to go and pay £30 plus for a home game ticket but at the moment it's a luxury I can't afford.

Guess I should be remortgaging my home as I won't be a true fan otherwise. 

25 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I won’t be attending due to being in Derby Royal with appendicitis. 
In the 1970’s/80’s I would have been stood in the Popside in my surgical gown holding my drip stand but I’m a bit wimpier these days ?

Cha! Bloody half-fan ?

Sorry to hear you're poorly chap. Hope you're fully mended very soon.

35 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Well, if you’re one of the people who ironically cheer Kelle Roos when he claims the ball and then spends the rest of the game moaning that he’s not as good as de Gea, then yes I mean you.

I’m sick and tired of hearing the moaning twits around me doing the same and I am pleased that they aren’t here any longer.

Nope never done that but thanks for that. So when I have heard those same ironic cheers this season inc very recently in the crowd noise when watching at home......????

Altough I have a season ticket I won’t be there as I will be on day 7 of self isolation due to catching Covid - I hope it’s. Great performance by the Rams again, I also had to miss Fulham away. ?

I am not complaining and if and when I was going to catch covid I am pleased it’s after I have had my 3 vaccines !

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Altough I have a season ticket I won’t be there as I will be on day 7 of self isolation due to catching Covid - I hope it’s. Great performance by the Rams again, I also had to miss Fulham away. ?

I am not complaining and if and when I was going to catch covid I am pleased it’s after I have had my 3 vaccines !

Hope you have it mildly and are back at PP soon

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Get well soon mate ?

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:I'd imagine there are those who have passed, either by Covid or other natural causes and have not yet been replaced by the next generation. I'd wager being better at cheering than a dead person might not be something to crow about. We might consider this and other threads may also be unpleasant reading for their loved ones.

Firstly, I am talking about my experiences and the one people around me that have left are the incessant moaners.  I don’t claim to be a “super fan”.

Secondly, my father is one of the people who will not be returning as a season ticket holder since the lockdowns occurred due to his untimely death during that period, so I am fully aware of people’s losses, and my intent is not to upset people.

2 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Firstly, I am talking about my experiences and the one people around me that have left are the incessant moaners.  I don’t claim to be a “super fan”.

Secondly, my father is one of the people who will not be returning as a season ticket holder since the lockdowns occurred due to his untimely death during that period, so I am fully aware of people’s losses, and my intent is not to upset people.

Well your opening volley was that the 10,000 missing were mostly moaners so forgive me all over the place for questioning how you'd know the mindset of of 10,000 folks you don't even know. Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself more, irrespective.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

You just take your time come back once to start feeling better mate.

Drink plenty and try and eat a little bit of something mate.

Me and my mum were really really poorly with it last year.

I warned my dad he better not get it again or he can self isolate at work.

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

All this super fan stuff has become rather tiresome. Seems it's not enough for some to be congratulated for creating a great atmosphere at games and rightly so. The postulating on the demeanour and loyalty of those who can't and haven't made games recently has worn thin now.

I'd imagine there are those who have passed, either by Covid or other natural causes and have not yet been replaced by the next generation. I'd wager being better at cheering than a dead person might not be something to crow about. We might consider this and other threads may also be unpleasant reading for their loved ones.

Many will have found themselves financially stretched, others may have voted with their feet and simply not renewed this year as Mel was still in tenure. Whatever the reasons, I don't believe it's fair to second-guess them, nor to suppose they are the only fans who have ever moaned at matches. That's patently nonsense.

? spot on

maybe someone could draw up a sliding scale or chart that identifies what contributes being a Super Fan, simply a fan, 3/4 fan, 1/2 fan etc. 

I’m guessing a Super fan would be someone who goes to ALL home and away matches, drinks 20 pints and spends 90 minutes facing the opposing fans and chanting about Collymore and Billy Sharp. 

I can’t afford to attend many away matches but I am a season ticket holder so I’ll happily sit in the 1/4 fan category. 

2 hours ago, Rambervalley said:

? spot on

maybe someone could draw up a sliding scale or chart that identifies what contributes being a Super Fan, simply a fan, 3/4 fan, 1/2 fan etc. 

I’m guessing a Super fan would be someone who goes to ALL home and away matches, drinks 20 pints and spends 90 minutes facing the opposing fans and chanting about Collymore and Billy Sharp. 

I can’t afford to attend many away matches but I am a season ticket holder so I’ll happily sit in the 1/4 fan category. 

Same here.

2 hours ago, Rambervalley said:

? spot on

But if you eat a chicken balti pie when there you may get more points for suffering for the cause?