Existential Crisis

TigerTedd

Who remembers walkers cheese and onion being green? And when did they make salt and vinegar green instead?

The answer is: they never were, and they never did. 

I was just listening to a pod cast that sited this as proof that we live in the matrix and this was a glitch. Apparently loads of people swear they remember cheese and onion, I’m one of them. Am I just insane, or is anyone with me?

jusf to really freak you out, the podcast went on to say that it’s now a mainstream scientific theory that there’s a large chance we are living in the matrix. We will soon have the technology to create our own simulated reality with AIs who wouldn’t know the difference. If we can do it, then it could have already happened a billion times. The chances of us being the original are incredibly slim. Old Elon Musk reckons it’s billions to one that were not living in the matrix.

I need a warm drink and a blanket.

I think the crisps thing might be cos when I was a kid, the only crisps I was aware of were Walkers or Golden Wonder, who did have the blue salt & vinegar. I think people might be conflating these, as you rarely see Golden Wonder any more. 

On the simulation thing, that would mean there is a creator (god) after all. Bugger. 

)

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Who remembers walkers cheese and onion being green? And when did they make salt and vinegar green instead?

I was just listening to a pod cast that sited this as proof that we live in the matrix and this was a glitch. Apparently loads of people swear they remember cheese and onion, I’m one of them. Am I just insane, or is anyone with me?

jusf to really freak you out, the podcast went on to say that it’s now a mainstream scientific theory that there’s a large chance we are living in the matrix. We will soon have the technology to create our own simulated reality with AIs who wouldn’t know the difference. If we can do it, then it could have already happened a billion times. The chances of us being the original are incredibly slim. Old Elon Musk reckons it’s billions to one that were not living in the matrix.

nurse! He’s out of bed again…..

13 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Go and have a lie down you've been over thinking things.

28 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You’re thinking of Golden Wonder. Their cheese and onion crisp bags were green.

40 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s the Mandela effect, there are examples everywhere. To mention a few Monopoly Guy had a Monocle, Curious George had a tail………………we’re just pawns in a game. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Pfft! The really compelling proof we exist in some weird, alternate reality is all them daft buggers who say crisps are best stored in the fridge.

Clearly some bonkers, alien, lizard species, the lot of them! ?

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

I bet we still ain't won the FA Cup again in any of these extra dimensions. 

Also, we're definitely not living in the matrix. It's just an idea thought up by (a) man. And men are ducking stupid.

Actually it was thought up by two men, who later became women. 

i hear ya

We think (some of us) therefor we are.  How we are, why we are, where we are, who we are, none of this however can be answered with any confidence, therefor it makes sense to study consciousness most diligently, for there lie the answers to our questions.

Leonard Nimoy died a couple of times in earlier scrapped timelines, but much later in this one, unless that gets scrapped also.  Poor Leonard, bouncing between realities like a tennis ball.

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

It’s the Mandela effect, there are examples everywhere. To mention a few Monopoly Guy had a Monocle, Curious George had a tail………………we’re just pawns in a game. 

Are you’d saying curious George didn’t have a tail?!? But he’s a monkey, he must have done. 

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Are you’d saying curious George didn’t have a tail?!? But he’s a monkey, he must have done. 

He did, but that’s all been wiped from the main frame to make you believe it never happened #thetruthisoutthere

844FA1DE-00C0-4123-ADDF-31DFF25DA8C5.jpeg

I love cheese, I like onions, I used to love Cheese & Onion crisps - but one day when I was a kid, I threw up after eating some (don't think it was the crisps that caused it) - best part of 50 years later, I still can't even smell a packet of Cheese & Onion crisps without wanting to heave....weird how these things affect you.....

55 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I love cheese, I like onions, I used to love Cheese & Onion crisps - but one day when I was a kid, I threw up after eating some (don't think it was the crisps that caused it) - best part of 50 years later, I still can't even smell a packet of Cheese & Onion crisps without wanting to heave....weird how these things affect you.....

I have the same thing with  Chewits following a throwing up incident in the mid 80's.  Strangely, similar incidents in my youth didn't put me off alcohol.  ?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I have the same thing with  Chewits following a throwing up incident in the mid 80's.  Strangely, similar incidents in my youth didn't put me off alcohol.  ?

I did the same after polishing off a whole box of bbq Pringles. Throwing up bbq Pringles is like throwing up razor blades.