Existential Crisis

TigerTedd

13 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I love cheese, I like onions, I used to love Cheese & Onion crisps - but one day when I was a kid, I threw up after eating some (don't think it was the crisps that caused it) - best part of 50 years later, I still can't even smell a packet of Cheese & Onion crisps without wanting to heave....weird how these things affect you.....

Pah, try waking up in a dried pool of your own Guinness puke.

I still love the stuff (Guinness, not the puke).

8 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Pah, try waking up in a dried pool of your own Guinness puke.

I still love the stuff (Guinness, not the puke).

Had a similar experience but my Guinness was diluted by 50% with cider. Strangely what I was covered in when I woke up, didn't feel at all velvety.

Edited by 1of4

On 23/11/2021 at 19:22, TigerTedd said:

Who remembers walkers cheese and onion being green? And when did they make salt and vinegar green instead?

The answer is: they never were, and they never did. 

I was just listening to a pod cast that sited this as proof that we live in the matrix and this was a glitch. Apparently loads of people swear they remember cheese and onion, I’m one of them. Am I just insane, or is anyone with me?

jusf to really freak you out, the podcast went on to say that it’s now a mainstream scientific theory that there’s a large chance we are living in the matrix. We will soon have the technology to create our own simulated reality with AIs who wouldn’t know the difference. If we can do it, then it could have already happened a billion times. The chances of us being the original are incredibly slim. Old Elon Musk reckons it’s billions to one that were not living in the matrix.

I need a warm drink and a blanket.

Apparently they call this the Mandela Effect as a lot of people seem to remember him dying in prison. The original paper by Nick Bostrom called "Are you living in a computer simulation?" which gives an intellectual grounding for the simulation hypothesis is very compelling. As it happens, I've just written a novel along these lines.

https://www.simulation-argument.com/

But Walkers salt and vinegar have always been green!