[Help Us With] The Greatest Ever Escape

Macintosh

20 hours ago, Rambervalley said:

I bet the likes of Middlesbrough, Bristol City and Notts Forest are consulting their list of players at this very moment, wondering how they can help us out. ?

They haven't got anyone that could help us, possibly only Aleksandar Mitrović in this league would make a difference. So, you go to Manchester United and Everton, Wayne's old clubs for massive help. Maybe with Moyes at WHU being a previous manager, then Newcastle who will have many players surplus soon. We'll get no sympathy from fans and other clubs, but possibly from those four, for Wayne's predicament. Six of the best loans the Championship has ever seen. If it doesn't happen there is no hope.

It's likely now that we will have to catch up 18 points, six wins to get out the bottom three and even Mount, Tomori and Wilson would not be able to do that. Getting a hot-hsot up and coming reserve like Rhian Brewster at that time would be no good, it has to a player than can score 15 goals in the last 21 games, and creative players to feed. Six weeks of begging.

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

They haven't got anyone that could help us, possibly only Aleksandar Mitrović in this league would make a difference. So, you go to Manchester United and Everton, Wayne's old clubs for massive help. Maybe with Moyes at WHU being a previous manager, then Newcastle who will have many players surplus soon. We'll get no sympathy from fans and other clubs, but possibly from those four, for Wayne's predicament. Six of the best loans the Championship has ever seen. If it doesn't happen there is no hope.

It's likely now that we will have to catch up 18 points, six wins to get out the bottom three and even Mount, Tomori and Wilson would not be able to do that. Getting a hot-hsot up and coming reserve like Rhian Brewster at that time would be no good, it has to a player than can score 15 goals in the last 21 games, and creative players to feed. Six weeks of begging.

And in return, we let them have Knight, Bird, Sibley and Buchanan and half the academy on the cheap?

Forget it. We're in League 1 next season, let's prepare for that.

hi all

OK, we're doomed...or are we?

At -3 we now need 43 points from 29 games to be in with a chance of at least being part of the relegation dogfight in April/May rather than just rolling over.

In other words, from now on we need 1.5 points per game on average.  Statistically, that means winning half the games and (possibly) losing the ones in between.  Draws as per our current form will simply postpone the inevitable but not prevent it.

12 wins and 7 draws will give us the 43.

This to me would suggest a "death or glory" strategy of attacking football, especially at home.  A point in this context is just "meh", but wins are worth gambling for, and there's literally nothing to lose by gambling because unless we gamble we're down anyway as expected.

Nothing to lose, playing for pride, with the pressure now off they might just surprise us.

It's also worth bearing in mind to what extent the teams just above us are struggling and will probably continue to struggle.

We are like Lewis Hamilton at the back of the grid in F1 - can we fight our way to 21st place on the last day on goal difference?

Could we pull of the greatest ever escape?

I wonder what odds the bookies are offering on our survival?

COYR!!!

I think if the squad had more quality then it could be unlikely but possible but only three wins all season so far is a very bad start. No goal scorer too. It’s going to be league 1 but I expect players will be fighting every match for pride. Winning as many matches as possible has to always be the aim. Regardless, the form is really poor, I’m expecting the team get some more wins to give the fans something to cheer. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz Come on Macintosh time to sober up mate

On 15/11/2021 at 10:17, Macintosh said:

There must be some empathy from other clubs with the situation Derby are in, the history of our club and how helpless we are with our situation. If there were five or six loans of top players they could help the club, those not getting a first-team chance, some players that fancy making history, then why not? Wayne has such respect in the game, maybe he could beg PL teams to loan players to us, with the likelihood we need to win every game next year to stay up. What about Newcastle letting us borrow Dwight Gayle, West Ham's Andriy Yarmolenko, Leicester's Marc Albrighton, United's Juan Mata and Matic etc. assemble a team that could win every game and the eyes of the football world would be on them.

dream on GIF by Spear Education

5 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

hi all

OK, we're doomed...or are we?

At -3 we now need 43 points from 29 games to be in with a chance of at least being part of the relegation dogfight in April/May rather than just rolling over.

In other words, from now on we need 1.5 points per game on average.  Statistically, that means winning half the games and (possibly) losing the ones in between.  Draws as per our current form will simply postpone the inevitable but not prevent it.

12 wins and 7 draws will give us the 43.

This to me would suggest a "death or glory" strategy of attacking football, especially at home.  A point in this context is just "meh", but wins are worth gambling for, and there's literally nothing to lose by gambling because unless we gamble we're down anyway as expected.

Nothing to lose, playing for pride, with the pressure now off they might just surprise us.

It's also worth bearing in mind to what extent the teams just above us are struggling and will probably continue to struggle.

We are like Lewis Hamilton at the back of the grid in F1 - can we fight our way to 21st place on the last day on goal difference?

Could we pull of the greatest ever escape?

I wonder what odds the bookies are offering on our survival?

COYR!!!

Love the optimism but 43pts from 29 games will not be enough, doubt we would stay up with 40pts. I would say 48pts so end on 45 we would have a chance to stay up but that is 1.65pts ppg

14wins, 6 draws

Edited by DCFC1388

30 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Love the optimism but 43pts from 29 games will not be enough, doubt we would stay up with 40pts. I would say 48pts so end on 45 we would have a chance to stay up but that is 1.65pts ppg

14wins, 6 draws

Unless other clubs get deductions.

13 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

14wins, 6 draws

Yes of course, my actual point was not that 40 points would keep us up but that it would keep us in the dogfight until the end rather than surrendering to negativity too soon.  48 points for safety, 44 for possible safety but not certain, 40 to be in with a shout, anything less than 40 and yes we're down.