Yorkshire cricket racism

Gaspode

Sky reporting that “Yorkshire have been suspended from hosting international and major matches by the England and Wales Cricket Board over their "wholly unacceptable" handling of Azeem Rafiq's racism claims”…

Edited by Gaspode

On 04/11/2021 at 18:58, AndyinLiverpool said:

Yorkshire CCC's response to all of this has been utterly woeful. How they thought they could sweep it all under the carpet is beyond me.

Yeah when I read their statement on the “findings” of their internal invenstigation. I couldn’t believe they thought that would wash. 

Edited by jimbo jones

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching Azeem Rafiq give evidence to a House of Commons committee. Some shocking stuff coming out. 

As an aside i was talking to someone at the first Derbyshire game of the season, a friend of a friend, who was coming out with some pretty racist stuff. First time I can recall hearing that at the ground.    

37 minutes ago, sage said:

Just watching Azeem Rafiq give evidence to a House of Commons committee. Some shocking stuff coming out. 

As an aside i was talking to someone at the first Derbyshire game of the season, a friend of a friend, who was coming out with some pretty racist stuff. First time I can recall hearing that at the ground.    

Im watching it as well. 

I don't think it's going to stop at Yorkshire.

Was talking to my bro about this today. We both played cricket in 80s/90s in West Midlands and struggled to remember anyone saying anything openly racist, let alone to abuse someone directly. Everyone knew how vile the P word was and I hardly ever heard it growing up.

To think all this was going on at Yorkshire nearly 30 years later is just insane. It's a place of work too, not even an amateur club.