Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

9 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Do we know? No. Is it a reasonable assumption to make that someone who has said they are  'very much still interested' this late in the day is part of a bid? Yes. Otherwise they're pretty bloody hollow words.

If they haven't bid by now they haven't been given access to the full financials, it would be pretty stupid to only just enter the proceedings at this point.

I can't be arsed explaining my thinking to you any further tbh, if you don't see what's strange about it nothing I say is going to change that.

It's also a pointless discussion now anyway as we're imminently about to find out the preferred bidder.

And if it’s Gadsby yah boo to you. Hope the Mrs is Ok btw and you are able to have a good Christmas.

Some people seem eager to blame the administrators for not getting the deal over the line with Kirchner and they  ( the administrators) are happy for administration to carry on just to make more money,that is not how administrators work. It is not just the amount offered for the club but also a business  and payment plan for creditors going forward. The administrators then put the business and payment plan to the EFL and preferred creditors (namely HMRC) for ratification.

He provided proof of funds to the EFL of circa £100M to invest in the club. Maybe he proposed a payment plan of  paying off the debt of,lets say 2 years. The EFL, aware of the funds he has available, respond saying they are not prepared to accept a payment plan to pay off football creditors for outstanding transfer fees and possibly the players still owed money when they deferred part of their salary to help the club out during the time matches were not being played. Because he has provided proof of funds the EFL say no payment plan needed as he has the funds available to clear the football creditors in full. Likewise the HMRC, who are owed in the region of £28M are offered £7M as a percentage of the debt, would they accept that,of course they wouldn't,they would say he has provided proof that he can cover the whole debt so we want a payment of the full outstanding taxes owed and are not agreeable to a payment.plan. He probably wasn't prepared to do clear the debts and the investment was for new players etc.going forward

I am nowhere near saying that is what has happened just a scenario which could have arisen.

So Kirchner ups his bid but then pulls out. Administrators say that led to another bidder upping their bid (is that right?). Suggests there must be more than one left in the mix, otherwise the last person standing would surely have just rescinded the higher bid as no competition left? 

Proper good Xmas panto this though, will keep me entertained until the new year. 

8 hours ago, Oldben said:

Why should bidders have to wait for administrators to deal with creditors and hmrc.

It's insulting to bidders, wealthy bidders have teams of people who are more than capable of settling those issues.

Kirchner said he believes there's only one other bidder for Derby and that their bid was no where near the 60 million he had offered, I believe him.

Because that is their functional role,dealing with creditors.

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And if it’s Gadsby yah boo to you. Hope the Mrs is Ok btw and you are able to have a good Christmas.

Cheers Pete, yeah everyone is fine now.

I'll just be happy that we're in business, anyone who is actually willing to help sort out this mess is welcome. I wasn't ruling out Gadsby, just not taking Percy as gospel.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

So Kirchner ups his bid but then pulls out. Administrators say that led to another bidder upping their bid (is that right?). Suggests there must be more than one left in the mix, otherwise the last person standing would surely have just rescinded the higher bid as no competition left? 

Proper good Xmas panto this though, will keep me entertained until the new year. 

Yep...that's right

Administrators say that led to another bidder upping HIS bid...Hhmmm

Now who's got the cash from a football club sale a few months ago ?

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Some people seem eager to blame the administrators for not getting the deal over the line with Kirchner and they  ( the administrators) are happy for administration to carry on just to make more money,that is not how administrators work. It is not just the amount offered for the club but also a business  and payment plan for creditors going forward. The administrators then put the business and payment plan to the EFL and preferred creditors (namely HMRC) for ratification.

He provided proof of funds to the EFL of circa £100M to invest in the club. Maybe he proposed a payment plan of  paying off the debt of,lets say 2 years. The EFL, aware of the funds he has available, respond saying they are not prepared to accept a payment plan to pay off football creditors for outstanding transfer fees and possibly the players still owed money when they deferred part of their salary to help the club out during the time matches were not being played. Because he has provided proof of funds the EFL say no payment plan needed as he has the funds available to clear the football creditors in full. Likewise the HMRC, who are owed in the region of £28M are offered £7M as a percentage of the debt, would they accept that,of course they wouldn't,they would say he has provided proof that he can cover the whole debt so we want a payment of the full outstanding taxes owed and are not agreeable to a payment.plan. He probably wasn't prepared to do clear the debts and the investment was for new players etc.going forward

I am nowhere near saying that is what has happened just a scenario which could have arisen.

Or he just didn’t offer enough and was outbid.

Call me delusional....but every year we bang on about 'why do clubs leave signings til the last second' on transfer deadline day.

Because there is an advantage to not declaring too early what you are prepared to pay. 

So, hopefully this could just be last minute showing of hands, just on the deadline the administrators gave? CK showed his best hand, someone else turned a better hand and he shuffled off muttering foul...this could actually be good news and answer the question why the administrators set a deadline they didn't need to/couldn't keep...to set everything off in final motion.

6 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Cheers Pete, yeah everyone is fine now.

I'll just be happy that we're in business, anyone who is actually willing to help sort out this mess is welcome. I wasn't ruling out Gadsby, just not taking Percy as gospel.

Cheers . Percy may not be gospel but he tends to be the most reliable journo . not saying much to be fair.

his quote Gadsby plus 1 other could still mean there is another mystery bidder, not Appleby but a real deal dark horse . 

as you say we should soon find out , let’s hope so and that would make Christmas a lot better for me too.

have a good one.