Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

why do they plan to announce a preferred bidder? Why don’t they go thru the EFL owner’s approval process and then just announce the successful bidder ?

Preferred bidder can pull out when they see the actual figures then come up with the cash. Upto being preferred they all work with estimates

3 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Preferred bidder can pull out when they see the actual figures then come up with the cash. Upto being preferred they all work with estimates

Surely the preferred bidder can pull out at any time for any reason (although they may lose a non refundable payment) and whilst the figures may only be estimates they shouldn’t be a million miles (or million pounds) off the mark given bidders will have had access to all the figures. They will know who all the creditors are and how much they are owed (even we know that) and what percentage has been offered. I’d like to think they’ve also got a reasonable handle on running costs as well so that shouldn’t be a deal breaker either.

They must have provided details of where they’re going to get the money from so, off the top of my head, the only reasons I can think the preferred bidder would pull out (baring some unforeseen disaster) is if they got cold feet (but not due to new information) or their backers pulled out.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely the preferred bidder can pull out at any time for any reason (although they may lose a non refundable payment) and whilst the figures may only be estimates they shouldn’t be a million miles (or million pounds) off the mark given bidders will have had access to all the figures. They will know who all the creditors are and how much they are owed (even we know that) and what percentage has been offered. I’d like to think they’ve also got a reasonable handle on running costs as well so that shouldn’t be a deal breaker either.

They must have provided details of where they’re going to get the money from so, off the top of my head, the only reasons I can think the preferred bidder would pull out (baring some unforeseen disaster) is if they got cold feet (but not due to new information) or their backers pulled out.

Agreed. I think there is a deposit payable. So unlikely a buyer would pull out after selection as a preferred bidder. But not impossible. 

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Agreed. I think there is a deposit payable. So unlikely a buyer would pull out after selection as a preferred bidder. But not impossible. 

Absolutely and they’re not going to have paid such a non refundable deposit based on estimates that could be well wide of the mark.

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I would also imagine that anyone still left in the process would have been consulted on the creditors agreement, it would be pointless reaching agreement with those creditors if you didn't know that someone was willing to fund that agreement.

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Or their choice of manager goes to Everton? But that would suggest lack of commitment which surely shouldnt be the case knowing how much they gone through to get to this point

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Or their choice of manager goes to Everton? But that would suggest lack of commitment which surely shouldnt be the case knowing how much they gone through to get to this point

Can’t imagine they’d forfeit a sizeable deposit just because Rooney left. Besides, I can’t really see Everton having a serious interest in approaching Rooney.

I'd assumed the "preferred bidder" thing was so the bidder could become actively engaged in the process. The admins can't start actually formally agreeing things (like payment schedules, security for loans etc) if they don't know who they are selling to, or maybe have multiple bidders with different preferences. Once they have a single preferred bidder, they can start actually finalising things.

20 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Managers come and go, you buy the club not the manager or playing staff as they all change over time.

A clubs value is based on a few things:

Value of the real estate (Ground, Buildings training facilities).

League position (League one Assumed)

Fan base/income.

Squad values.

Debts

Potential (Ground capacity, academy players, scouting set up and fan base etc)

Oustanding EFL action/court cases.

A new manager will be found if required and it will not put KC off one jot if he feels tge deal is right.  Clubs the size of Derby are always going to lose top talent to the PL when they come a knocking, be it tge manager or the players....

Edited by RAM1966

19 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Managers come and go, you buy the club not the manager or playing staff as they all change over time.

A clubs value is based on a few things:

Value of the real estate (Ground, Buildings training facilities).

League position (League one Assumed)

Fan base/income.

Squad values.

Debts

Potential (Ground capacity, academy players, scouting set up and fan base etc)

Oustanding EFL action/court cases.

A new manager will be found if required and it will not put KC off one jot if he feels tge deal is right.  Clubs the size of Derby are always going to lose top talent to the PL when they come a knocking, be it tge manager or the players....

Yes I know all of that as do we all but our sale process and those involved have not always been rational so far

Preffered bidder must be being announced to force their hand to stump up the 5 million to lock them in. It wouldn't suprise me if the 5 million, or whatever the deposit is, is locked away as a guarantee that admin fees are paid regardless of what happens next.

I also think preferred bidder being announced just before Christmas would suggest HMRC still isn't sorted, it just buys a bit more time for that to be either agreed, or drag on to a point where nothing is done and we move to the next stage of the process.

Fingers crossed the minutes from the fans meeting yesterday provides lots of positive answers.

42 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Agreed but could any of us have imagined any of this disaster!

No but I did list a disaster as a possible reason for pulling out and my initial post was in response to the statement that the preferred bidder would only have seen estimates and may pull out when they saw the actual figures.

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

why do they plan to announce a preferred bidder? Why don’t they go thru the EFL owner’s approval process and then just announce the successful bidder ?

I’d guess this also allows one party to start selling assets/shares etc to get the funds to make the purchase without fear of incurring those costs and then being gazumped. So the sale isn’t technically done, but in reality it is unless the buyer decides to pull out. Hopefully preferred bidder status also comes with a deadline for completion before they lose their exclusivity - although not sure that’d be made public if there was. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

He did WHAT?  That's disgusting!

I don't want his kind anywhere near my beloved football club, thank you very much!      ?

Edited by Mucker1884