Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

8 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

You’re missing a big factor off there, we’re a football club, no sympathy, to be made an example of. If not, then it could become common practice within the football industry. The precedent is already there with Bury etc mentioned above, do HMRC want to reset the precedent to make it a common thing fir football to decide how much they pay!?

Maybe you're missing your glasses...I posted this above.

Maybe Rishi Sunak is not aware but i'll guarantee there will be a Senior HMRC advisor aware or even at the table with Admin, Football is seen as an anathema to HMRC where time after time they put in winding up orders of football clubs only for a judge to throw it out.

I'm confident we'll be sold, HMRC will accept a deal, And DCFC will move on...albeit in League 1.

Why has this taken this long & still not been sorted?

When admins came in they would have known pretty quickly the amount owed to HMRC and how important that debt as well as the MSD one was, so why 2 months down the line has this not been agreed. I cant imagine the HMRC were wanting to delay any talks on it.

20 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

You’re missing a big factor off there, we’re a football club, no sympathy, to be made an example of. If not, then it could become common practice within the football industry. The precedent is already there with Bury etc mentioned above, do HMRC want to reset the precedent to make it a common thing fir football to decide how much they pay!?

I think that's less of a factor than the likelihood of getting their money back. What's the difference between a poorly run football club or a poorly run supermarket chain when both owe you money?

Re Bury, they were expelled as they couldn't demonstrate their financial viability to the EFL - they weren't wound up by HMRC. HMRC would clearly have a % of something rather than nothing - to not do so would mean further losses to the public purse. There is a deal to strike, the question is what.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

35 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Arn't theHMRC partly to blame for letting the club get into that much debt in the first place.

Wasn't that the government who postponed date when taxes were due because if covid. Pity after kind of borrowing that money we ran out of cash to pay it back

39 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Arn't theHMRC partly to blame for letting the club get into that much debt in the first place.

The one to blame is Morris. His hand was firmly on the tiller and because of his recklessness and incompetence throughout his reign has brought the club to where it is. The HMRC were cutting the club some considerable slack during the lock downs which is why they are now owed the £30m so let's stop blaming them. Personally I can see some sort 9f agreement being made and I hope that much of the debt is repaid. 

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Just been reading stuart webbs book and thought this paragraph sounded familiar!

We just seem to lurch from crisis to crisis in our history, but so far we've always pulled through. Hopefully its the same in this instance as well

20211202_192840.jpg

All Dirty Leeds fault!

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Just been reading stuart webbs book and thought this paragraph sounded familiar!

We just seem to lurch from crisis to crisis in our history, but so far we've always pulled through. Hopefully its the same in this instance as well

20211202_192840.jpg

Niel Hallam...I quote "every one in football does what we do, Only we always got caught"