Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

22 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Like mining areas that went under under the Milk Snatcher, not just the miners that suffered....cafes, shops, pubs etc.....

Exactly, the mines closing down is a good example for this as it wasn't so much the mines going (More mines had been closed before Thatcher than during her reign)  but the fact that nothing really replaced them. This led to the catastrophic effects that we still see today.  I think if Derby county went there is nothing to really replace it for a good decade or more providing it all went well. 

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I disagree with this. A good thriving economy, like we have had, creates more jobs, more jobs is more money invested and so on. We now have more people in employment in the UK than we have ever had. (Circa 27 Million).

Ultimately, you want people spending. If those four season tickets are not purchased, than means the individual may save the money and not spend it. That's bad.

That's what I'd do - and I'd stick the money in an ISA so the buggers couldn't even get a nibble on my interest....

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So it isn’t capitalism. Derby were not controlled by private owners for profit.

As I didn't bring in Capitalism i'll at best try and answer your statement.

Our then owner was a business man in a Capitalist sociaty, He was able to make money through his ventures, With that MM decides to use his wealth for DCFCs benefit, Now...Derby were not controlled by private owners for profit, The old adage is...how do you become a Millionair, Start off by being a Billionaire and buy a football club, Fact DCFC this last few seasons didn't make a profit, Did MM think DCFC were going to make a profit?...that I do not know neither do many other people as we didn't know what went through MMs mind when purchasing DCFC.

I sincerely hope you will accept and or agree with this reasoning.

Best Regards

Alf the Unlucky

29 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

As I didn't bring in Capitalism i'll at best try and answer your statement.

Our then owner was a business man in a Capitalist sociaty, He was able to make money through his ventures, With that MM decides to use his wealth for DCFCs benefit, Now...Derby were not controlled by private owners for profit, The old adage is...how do you become a Millionair, Start off by being a Billionaire and buy a football club, Fact DCFC this last few seasons didn't make a profit, Did MM think DCFC were going to make a profit?...that I do not know neither do many other people as we didn't know what went through MMs mind when purchasing DCFC.

I sincerely hope you will accept and or agree with this reasoning.

Best Regards

Alf the Unlucky

I accept everything you say. 

for all the moralising going one here I think what has happened here is terrible for the fans, creditors , people with jobs etc. But not very high on the immorality scale .. just careless , reckless and more than a bit unlucky.

But really isn’t even unethical according to the report by qunatuma leave alone illegal contrary to what some has suggested. 

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He’s also a Derby fan. Genuinely. Remember he used to review sports headlines as a guest sometimes on talk sport breakfast. Wasn’t at the Mail then.

Yes my mistake it’s Craig Hope who is the Mail NE correspondent. My only excuse is the cocktail of drugs the Derby Royal are pumping in me 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not an economist (my expertise is in political theory) but if you allow big institutions in local communities to fail that does have an impact on the local economy. Think of all the DCFC employees, the pubs and restaurants that do business around the area on match days etc. etc. that will be affected if the club goes under. It would have a ripple effect that harms businesses in the area that would have a further  effect etc. 

Absolutely right, but that's looking at it purely in local terms. As far as HMRC's overall Tax revenues are concerned it will make not a jot of difference, that's the point I was attempting to make.

It was just a counter to the idea that HMRC might consider future lost revenues from DCFC if the entity was liquidated - they won't.

As I have said all along, pragmatism will ALWAYS win the day, and that means HMRC will take what they can and move on.

9 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Trying to treat it with antibiotics. They want to avoid an Op because I bleed a lot. Been in here since Saturday trying to find one bit of food that’s not ?

My sypathys are with you, The NHS is a great place to be if your ill, But the food...well...been there done that, Chin up Reg ?

5 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

When the Admin meet the HMC, can't they get the Mayor, or a sitting MP to accompany

them to plead the case for the City of Derby, and add their weight to the presentation???

I'd go myself but ...............................

Let me guess, You're not a Mayor or an elected MP

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Not that smart - the tactic didn't work to reduce the points. We still got minus 21.

They said that making the appeal was largely tactical in order to bring the EFL to the table regarding the additional points deduction rather than allowing it to drag on and put at risk a potential takeover. So, the tactic did work.