Optimism regarding takeover and survival

Curtains

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

It will. 

Remember when I got hammered for my Administration thread about Mel. 

Time does tell 

I don't think anyone will hammer you for being nervous now.

As a fanbase we are collectively holding our breath whole we wait to see what happens.

But I feel we have to trust the administrators now to do their job. It is their reputation,  as well as our club, that is on the line.

I am encouraged by our resilience, our fans reaction, our manager and players and our history. I think that together we are an asset to football that is worth saving. I think people in the media are recognising this, as a whole.

I think that one or two personal things that might have hindered a sale with Mel at the helm have been removed. But replaced with a much worse situation in the league table.

I am worried about the EFL and the Inland Revenue, who are not likely to show us any leniency.

I am weighing up those pluses and minuses and still thinking that we will be saved. I don't know how much of that is just down to my optimistic nature.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think anyone will hammer you for being nervous now.

As a fanbase we are collectively holding our breath whole we wait to see what happens.

But I feel we have to trust the administrators now to do their job. It is their reputation,  as well as our club, that is on the line.

I am encouraged by our resilience, our fans reaction, our manager and players and our history. I think that together we are an asset to football that is worth saving. I think people in the media are recognising this, as a whole.

I think that one or two personal things that might have hindered a sale with Mel at the helm have been removed. But replaced with a much worse situation in the league table.

I am worried about the EFL and the Inland Revenue, who are not likely to show us any leniency.

I am weighing up those pluses and minuses and still thinking that we will be saved. I don't know how much of that is just down to my optimistic nature.

Well I’m also hoping we will be saved and I think we could be but a lot of things have to fall into place and we also need massive help from Mel with the Stadium.

The Stadium is an issue for any prospective buyers as they IMO will need to own it .

Mel I hope will not stand in the way of that  .

Also HMRC is another issue as is the EFL with proof of funds until January.

Dell is also entitled to money back etc etc 

Anyhow it will all come out in the wash 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

The way I see it, if we don't have optimism at a decent outcome, what do we have?

If a heavy dose of pessimism/realism would make any difference, i.e. we as fans could mobilise and change the future, fair enough. 

It just seems unlikely that we as a fanbase can do very little to change the outcome, beyond spending what we can afford supporting the club.

It's the very nature of supporting a club that you always hope for the sunlit uplands, despite all evidence to the contrary, until the light dies. 

In our case, that just can't happen, it means too much to too many people, even if we had to start again from scratch they'll always be a Derby County.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Just saying 95% is too high IMO .

You know how it works. 

it’s a forum to discuss things not just say everything is rosy and takeover is going to happen. 

The other thing is Rooney and will he stay or not .

Whos certain about anything !

Heck buddy. Are you trying to put a downer on the evening for all of us? ?

Just try your best to relax and see what happens. There's nothing any of us can do about it so, no point stressing at this point.

I heard a rumour this afternoon that on the one hand was unbelievably exciting and yet at the same time devastatingly depressing. I'd had a few pints and wasn't really listening and the bloke who told me kept punching himself in the face. Babb spoons Derby. 

As the administrators are "used club salesmen" part of them doing that is projecting confidence, generating interest, maximising the value of the sale. You never ever hear someone selling something talking down that product.

However, there do seem to be genuinely good noises.

On the administration front I think the next significant statement is "we have named "X" as preferred bidder and are working on details and fit and proper status with EFL"

On the bright side by now the administrators must know what the level of debt is. Total debt and a good idea how much they can shave off it. They also might have a feeling about what the EFL will eventually do regarding points loss. Taking those thoughts into account potential investors have still come to the last 2 home matches and been seen and comments made by the media. There may or may not been more on non match days so even with that knowledge of the sort of costs involved at least two have not thrown the possibility of a takeover out of the door