Optimism regarding takeover and survival

Curtains

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Are the Administrators right to be so optimistic.

Thoughts 

How can we argue against it, they will know what's going on, how credible the interest is. 

If I was to sit here and say no, it's not right they are so optimistic I would need some kind of evidence to say why.....which I don't have.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If you are talking about their quoted "95% chance", that is not optimistic enough for my liking.

It’s just I’m a bit glass half empty regarding the takeover.

95% is very high with our debts. 

Were these Administrators the ones that did Wigan ?

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

8 minutes ago, David said:

How can we argue against it, they will know what's going on, how credible the interest is. 

If I was to sit here and say no, it's not right they are so optimistic I would need some kind of evidence to say why.....which I don't have.

Of course you are correct but as I say I’m glass half empty. 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s just I’m a bit glass half empty regarding the takeover.

95% is very high with our debts. 

Were these Administrators the ones that did Wigan ?

No the ones who did Wigan said they were only 75% chance of them surviving to the end of season. They are now out of admin but it took them 18 months. Ouch.

The same guys then said we were only 50/50 but they woudln't have known who was interested , as they are outsiders looking in.

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course you are correct but as I say I’m glass half empty. 

Appreciate that, but we're not talking about if we think we can win the next game or not.

You either take them at their word or not, to not I feel you need some kind of reason why not, so far I'm yet to see any reason to disbelieve them.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well at the moment admin sorting out different bids with different people all of this takes time.

Yes I agree mate. 

Just think the debts are formidable and taking them on will be difficult for any prospective buyer. 

Mike Ashley apart I don’t see any other major asset bidders

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Yes I agree mate. 

Just think the debts are formidable and taking them on will be difficult for any prospective buyer. 

Ashley hasn’t bid according to admin last week. The American bid has supposedly big money backing , not sure about the 6/7 others as we don’t know who they are 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Isn't that because, apart from him, we don't know the identity of the financial backers of other interested parties, or even the identities of those parties (other than the Appleby consortium)?