Optimism regarding takeover and survival

Curtains

They have to show optimism, they're trying to sell the club and keep it in business. It's common sense to big up your product and say that you've got others interested. Even if only one of the interested parties are going to put an offer in, if they think that several other parties are also considering an offer, then they'll put in a better offer than if they knew that they were the only ones.

From a practical point of view regarding the value of the club, there are many positives;

1, little or no capital investment is required on the stadium or training ground, which are both premier league standard, unlike many other clubs

2, Fan base can't be bought, but is already there and a high position in the championship, nevermind premier league, will guarantee 30,000+ crowds, unlike many other clubs.

3, Looking at what's left of the playing squad, I believe that there can only be a few high earners left on the books, with sensible player purchases, the club should be able to break even once the incomes return to pre-covid levels.

The price to pay for the club is dependent on the debts, if MM is prepared to write off his debts and the other debts can be negotiated to reasonable levels, then the price should be affordable. Figures of around £50m have been mentioned and don't think that this would be unreasonable for someone to pay MM for the club, if it was debt free. It's just a pity that he wasn't able to negotiate a similar price with a buyer and for him to use the money to clear the debts and save us the 12 point penalty for administration.

35 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Heard a rumour that has made me less optimistic but not going to divulge as rumours are just that 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes right.  They won’t all have the funds necessary of that I’m almost certain 

If the rumour is the same as the recently tweeted size of debt being around ~ £100 million, didn't that get shot down because it included debt to Mel that he has said he will write off?

16 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So why start the thread if dont divulge the rumour? ? or are you desperately hoping someone proves it wrong? 

Just saying 95% is too high IMO .

You know how it works. 

it’s a forum to discuss things not just say everything is rosy and takeover is going to happen. 

The other thing is Rooney and will he stay or not .

Whos certain about anything !

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Just saying 95% is too high IMO .

You know how it works. 

it’s a forum to discuss things not just say everything is rosy and takeover is going to happen. 

The other thing is Rooney and will he stay or not .

Whos certain about anything !

Yes I know what you mean. I think prospect of sale greater with a well-known figurehead at Derby and he certainly brought in better prospects than we all hoped for to fill the final squad places at the start of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Right I’ll hold you to that. 

Like we were never going into Administration I seem to recall on here. 

Tell me who it is then if you are so certain 

You can hold me to it..

I certainly never said we wouldn't go into Admin..it always felt like it could happen..