Anyone fancy a Matchday Meet Up? (Gauging interest)...

Mucker1884

BUMP!

Sorry. Been busy. 

Give this a few more days. Get this weekend out the way. 
in the meantime, anyone else who might be interested, shout up. 
Could do with more comments, suggestions, and/or thinking out loud. The more the merrier. 
Then I’ll trawl back, and see if we can move on a step or two, and make this happen.  

I think definitely post-New year is favourite, but if anyone is thinking later still (March/April?) then shout up. I appreciate some take a while to recover from Christmas (financially and/or alcoholly!)

??

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

BUMP!

Sorry. Been busy. 

Give this a few more days. Get this weekend out the way. 
in the meantime, anyone else who might be interested, shout up. 
Could do with more comments, suggestions, and/or thinking out loud. The more the merrier. 
Then I’ll trawl back, and see if we can move on a step or two, and make this happen.  

I think definitely post-New year is favourite, but if anyone is thinking later still (March/April?) then shout up. I appreciate some take a while to recover from Christmas (financially and/or alcoholly!)

??

Here's one for you @Mucker1884...

How about a raffle? On this Board? Then as well as the draw, we nominate 2 places as a prize to the Board member who inspires us most? Raffle could be say £30 a ticket. If we sold 75 tickets that's £2.25k. Enough for 2 boxes and 2 free spaces to the nominated "winner". Or 1 box, and we donate £1000 to Derby County - pays for a few match balls? Or DCFCFANS sponsor a match ball for a game?

Or Monkey tennis?...Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubanks...?! 

On 20/10/2021 at 12:34, David said:

I've wanted to do a meet up for a while, had my own issues to deal with, got back on my feet then Covid hit and it's just been super difficult.

I've met a few members on here already, Boycie, srg, Eddie, G Star, Gboro, Rev, Uttoxram, Rynny, Ambitious, Mr Tibbs, Darkfruits, Mostyn, sage, Duracell off the top of my head.

But would be really good to get a large meet-up going as well, maybe talk to the club about using a suite at Pride Park on a non match day.

A post match meet would probably attract more people. But I'm up for a large meet up, when and wherever it can be arranged.

13 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Bumping this whilst we're all in such a positive mood, and things are going so well.  

Now Trick or Treat is out of the way, what's to stop this happening?

What do others think?  ?

Name a place and time and I'll make every effort to be there.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP!

I've not forgotten this.
It's just that with real life being a little hectic lately, The future of the club all still being a tad "Uncertain", and moreover, the general consensus on here being "I'd be up for this after New Year", I thought it best to put things on hold until then, when hopefully we'll know better where we stand (as a club!)?  Maybe some want to see a bit more stability at the club before committing?  Maybe even want to see some transfer action first?

I'm up for it either way, just for the record... providing we still have a club by then, of course!  ?

I just get the impression that some like the idea in principle, but not ready to commit this side of Christmas (even for a game a month or two later).

My plan then, is to revisit this in the New Year, where we'd need to start getting some definite ideas, target a game that suits the majority etc, and give it our best shot from there?
I'll trawl the thread at that stage, @ those that have shown an interest, and see how we stand then.

Still open to comments and/or suggestions in the meantime of course.

Maybe look at a Sat game in February? (v Peterborough)?
Or March? (v Barnsley or Coventry)?

I say, New Year then... then we'll get stuck in, and try to make something happen, whether that be 4 of us, or 14 fighting over 10 places!

Everyone happy with that?

?

For the record...

There was previous mention of Raffle tickets and/or something similar.

First off, I (genuinely) have no idea whether that is even legal?  Don't you need some sort of Gambling licence?  ?‍♂️
Secondly, how would that affect Lord @David, and his Forum T&C's?  
Thirdly, getting the money together, from a bunch of total strangers, on the internet, isn't going to be plain sailing, even for the actual match attendance, never mind "Imaginary raffle tickets in the cloud", so from an organising stance, I'm out.  If it's allowed, and someone else wants to oversee that aspect, then I'll be more than happy to be a paying customer.

As for the attendance costs, I'll no doubt take a risk if need be (to cover any advance booking payments), once names and numbers are confirmed/committed.  Might even stretch to settling up in person on the day, if it's just a few of us?
Might need to think about PM'ing my bank details if it's a more expensive 10 seater box... but either way, I'm sure we can sort something, on that score, once we get to that stage.

Again... just thinking out loud, for now!  

?

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

For the record...

There was previous mention of Raffle tickets and/or something similar.

First off, I (genuinely) have no idea whether that is even legal?  Don't you need some sort of Gambling licence?  ?‍♂️
Secondly, how would that affect Lord @David, and his Forum T&C's?  
Thirdly, getting the money together, from a bunch of total strangers, on the internet, isn't going to be plain sailing, even for the actual match attendance, never mind "Imaginary raffle tickets in the cloud", so from an organising stance, I'm out.  If it's allowed, and someone else wants to oversee that aspect, then I'll be more than happy to be a paying customer.

As for the attendance costs, I'll no doubt take a risk if need be (to cover any advance booking payments), once names and numbers are confirmed/committed.  Might even stretch to settling up in person on the day, if it's just a few of us?
Might need to think about PM'ing my bank details if it's a more expensive 10 seater box... but either way, I'm sure we can sort something, on that score, once we get to that stage.

Again... just thinking out loud, for now!  

?

Think it would be classed as gambling, something I wouldn't be in the position to host on this site. You could link to it though if it was organised on a third party site or privately.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

What are we thinking now.. Thought the original idea was a box? 

I am happy to commit now and pay some up front. Feb is normally poo for me as it Fashion Show months and that's my work now.

My preference remains a 10 seater box, and am comfortable with the associated costs (when divided by 9 or 10 of us). 

But only if that interests enough people, and we can get the numbers? 

A table in a suite is more as a back up option, as far as I'm concerned, but that option may be more preferable to the majority, hence my desire for comments, opinions, and feedback etc.

You seem to be as keen as me, so your points re February are duly noted. Perhaps we can avoid February altogether?  There are two Saturday games scheduled for March.  Barnsley on 5th, and Coventry on 19th.
Either would suit me.

No need to commit any monies as yet, but if we get enough feedback and interest sooner, maybe we can get something booked before Xmas, but most seem keen to hang on to their money until New Year.  If that's just a matter of cash-flow, and they are otherwise "Definitely up for it", then I'd be happy to stump up earlier, for them to settle up nearer the time/on the day, but that obviously comes with some risks. 

An alternative would be for me to simply book and pay, then announce it on here that I have 9 available places for the (specific) game against XYZ FC, on this date, for £x each, but that obviously increases the risks to me, and it's too early for me to commit to that gamble.  More feedback and comments from others may convince me that could work, so I'm not saying I won't do that, just yet!

On that note, I'm more bothered about being seen to be taken for a gullible mug than the actual financial implications, if truth be told! 

Just as long as we all realise we are all strangers here... and anonymous to boot!... and that there is a certain amount of two-way trust required, I'm sure we'll sort something out between us all.  (I'm thinking if anyone says they are flying over from America for it, and they'll settle up when they get here, I might just double book their place!  ?)

For the record, I have laid out for mini-busses before, and relied on members of A.N. Other forum to not let me down, which all came good to be fair... very good in all honesty... and on more than one occasion, but if I'm forking out c. £1,500 for a 10 seater box, and hoping to re-coup 90% of that from "interested parties", then I'm obviously upping the ante!

And besides... Just how silly would I look turning up to a 10 seater on my own...

"Welcome sir.  May I take your name?"
"Billy... Double L, no mates"!   ?

?

1 hour ago, David said:

Think it would be classed as gambling, something I wouldn't be in the position to host on this site. You could link to it though if it was organised on a third party site or privately.

Thanks for that, boss.
Not for me.

I'll leave that for others to sort, if they so desire.  ??

There was also talk by others of a potential forum poll along the lines of "Nominate a worthy recipient of a free place" kind of thing, or even a "Worthy recipient plus one", but that would mean splitting the cost (eg £1500) by the other 8 places (£187.50 each) instead of a tenth (£150) each.

Personally, I'm comfortable with that too, but it's not for me to speak on behalf of others, so again, the more comments on here, and the more "thinking out loud" we do, the better.

?