Anyone fancy a Matchday Meet Up? (Gauging interest)...

Mucker1884

I've wanted to do a meet up for a while, had my own issues to deal with, got back on my feet then Covid hit and it's just been super difficult.

I've met a few members on here already, Boycie, srg, Eddie, G Star, Gboro, Rev, Uttoxram, Rynny, Ambitious, Mr Tibbs, Darkfruits, Mostyn, sage, Duracell off the top of my head.

But would be really good to get a large meet-up going as well, maybe talk to the club about using a suite at Pride Park on a non match day.

2 minutes ago, David said:

I've wanted to do a meet up for a while, had my own issues to deal with, got back on my feet then Covid hit and it's just been super difficult.

I've met a few members on here already, Boycie, srg, Eddie, G Star, Gboro, Rev, Uttoxram, Rynny, Ambitious, Mr Tibbs, Darkfruits, Mostyn, sage, Duracell off the top of my head.

But would be really good to get a large meet-up going as well, maybe talk to the club about using a suite at Pride Park on a non match day.

?‍♀️ 

48 minutes ago, David said:

I'd be up for that.  Obviously a "large meet up" doesn't tally in this particular setting, but would be good in it's own right.

As far as I know, I've only met @Mostyn6 and Young @JoetheRam from the regulars on here.  Both a while ago now, so I'm guessing even Joe ain't as young and shy as he was back then!  Mostyn, of course, was never shy!

From your list, I presume @Boycie gets first mention so you don't forget to tag him on at the end, as opposed to any actual preferences?  ?

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd be up for that.  Obviously a "large meet up" doesn't tally in this particular setting, but would be good in it's own right.

As far as I know, I've only met @Mostyn6 and Young @JoetheRam from the regulars on here.  Both a while ago now, so I'm guessing even Joe ain't as young and shy as he was back then!  Mostyn, of course, was never shy!

From your list, I presume @Boycie gets first mention so you don't forget to tag him on at the end, as opposed to any actual preferences?  ?

I've seen Boycie a lot, too much one of would say. Sticks in my mind also I'm still trying to explain the forum rules to him......and he's a moderator 

51 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is that an "I'd be up for that" or an "Oy, git, you've missed me off the list!"?  ?

The latter! ?

I am not so sure I want to meet up with too many people whose views infuriate me on a day to day basis. And likewise they feel the same about me.

All the people I have met so far from the Forum are lovely, and I don't want to spoil my track record.

I actually like @David's idea of a bigger meet up - easier to avoid the people you don't want to speak to!

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

The latter! ?

I am not so sure I want to meet up with too many people whose views infuriate me on a day to day basis. And likewise they feel the same about me.

All the people I have met so far from the Forum are lovely, and I don't want to spoil my track record.

I actually like @David's idea of a bigger meet up - easier to avoid the people you don't want to speak to!

Apologies! Of course I've met you, U23 games at Pride Park and Loughborough where the real fans can be seen, still got the badge you gave me!

9 minutes ago, David said:

Apologies! Of course I've met you, U23 games at Pride Park and Loughborough where the real fans can be seen, still got the badge you gave me!

Just teasing, David! 

Mmm, still got a load of those badges. Not surprisingly, "EFL - on your side" doesn't ring true with Derby fans these days! ?

5 hours ago, David said:

He showed me the badge you gave him.  Paddington Bear had a similar one I seem to remember.

6 hours ago, David said:

I've seen Boycie a lot, too much one of would say. Sticks in my mind also I'm still trying to explain the forum rules to him......and he's a moderator 

Once I was removed from Head of Admin, I vowed to do less than @Duracell.

Not sure I’ve achieved that role either tbh.