Anyone fancy a Matchday Meet Up? (Gauging interest)...

Mucker1884

Following on from the "Operation Fill The Ground" Thread, and various discussions regarding drumming up some much needed business/extra income for the club, I've been doing a little digging with regards to a few of us spending a little more than normal to attend a game in hospitality, upgrading our usual matchday spends, and meeting a few new faces from the forum, to boot.

(Thanks to @uttoxram75 for the initial mention of this, as far as I'm aware?)

All very informal at this stage, and very much an exercise in gauging any interest, and see if it's worthwhile taking it a step further.

My initial thoughts/preference was a 10 seater executive box, and in all honesty, that remains my personal preference, as whilst obviously being more expensive, we'd have a better opportunity to introduce ourselves to fellow forum strangers!  That's purely from the "Forum meet up" perspective of course, but the extra dosh would no doubt be appreciated by those still lucky enough to be clocking on at the club!

I'm not, however, averse to the "lesser options", in the various suites, effectively mixing with others.

I've now spoken directly with the lovely Sarah in Hospitality (Thanks Sarah, if you're reading!) and have a better idea of costs, and what to expect for your money.

Obviously the opposition/game category affects prices, but just throwing some typical figures out for now.

I think all options include arrival from 2 hours before KO, to 1 hour after final whistle.

I'd say the executive box option needs to be fully attended by 10 of us, price split equally, to make it financially viable.
This would be in the NW corner, below the main scoreboard, and almost certainly the second tier down, not the very top tier.  
This option includes, amongst other little bits...
3 x free parking spaces between us, in the main West Car Park
4 x course pre-match lunch (Served in the box, not out in a busy restaurant).
Waiter/ess service for any bar drinks etc.

Ooh... hang on... 

"Executive Boxes:
Our Executive Boxes provide an intimate and impressive environment, with seating for up to 10 guests and a superb view from your own private balcony.
Your experience includes:
Executive balcony match view padded seats.
Dedicated member of waiting personnel.
Licensed betting facilities.
Satellite LCD TV including live match feed.
Hospitality options:
Four course choice menu, Chef’s pre-match cheese board or use of box and drinks service.
Parking at £10.00+VAT per person"

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/executive-boxes-matchday

The other options are in shared suites, less expensive of course, but possibly more suitable if less than 10 of us are interested, as smaller groups can be accommodated.

Briefly:

"The Pedigree Suite:
The Pedigree Suite is our largest suite at Pride Park Stadium and all seats can be accessed directly from the room, with many offering panoramic views of the pitch.
When dining in this Suite you can enjoy locally-sourced traditional cuisine that has been specially prepared by our team of Executive Chefs.
Each fixture is priced differently to keep things current and interesting each matchday."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/pedigree-suite

This suite is in the SW Corner.
Two-Course Plated meal, at designated tables/seats.
Match Ambassador/Former player meet & Greet type thing.

"The Captain's Club:
The Captain’s Club is a relaxed matchday hospitality experience in contemporary surroundings offering one of the best vantage points in the stadium and regular visits from Derby County Captains, past and present.
Enjoy being with fellow fans, share a few laughs and watch the footie!
Package includes:
Unlimited hot buffet selection.
Dessert station with cheese and biscuits served post-game.
Premium match view seating available on the balcony directly outside the suite or standard seating in the West Upper.
Tea and coffee station.
Cash bar facility.
Tables are unreserved and are available on a first come, first served basis."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/matchday-captains-club

I think a Saturday game is the way forward, rather than a mid-week evening game?
I quite fancy the Sheff Utd game on Sat 15th Jan, purely to give this enough time for any questions/organising etc?

But of course, all is up for debate/comments/queries and further discussion(s), so please fire away on here. 
Don't bombard me with puns (you pun guys can be REALLY annoying!), quips, and general testicular-based comments.  This is serious!  This is no place for tyre kickers, time wasters, or former club owners who just wants to get back with the lads, on the cheap!  That horse has bolted, sir!   

Merely as examples at this stage, a brief look at potential prices:

For the Cat Silver game v Blackpool - Sat 11th December:
Exec Box:  £1,250 + vat = £1,500 divided by a full quota of 10 = £150.00 each.  
Pedigree Suite:  £99 + vat = £118.80 each
Captains Club:  £50 + vat = £60.00 each

For the Sheffield Utd game on Sat 15th Jan:
Exec Box:  £1,490 + vat = £1,788 divided by a full quota of 10 = £178.80 each.  
Pedigree Suite:  £129+ vat = £154.80 each
Captains Club:  £80 + vat = £96.00 each

Further costs hinted at here, presumably updated as we approach the later matches...
 https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/hospitality

There's been a fair bit of talk about throwing a few extra quid in the clubs coffers.  Let's see if this forum can do its little bit to help?

All questions, and certainly comments, will be very much appreciated.

Who's up for it?  

So far, we have... erm... well, there's me... and erm... 

?

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Following on from the "Operation Fill The Ground" Thread, and various discussions regarding drumming up some much needed business/extra income for the club, I've been doing a little digging with regards to a few of us spending a little more than normal to attend a game in hospitality, upgrading our usual matchday spends, and meeting a few new faces from the forum, to boot.

(Thanks to @uttoxram75 for the initial mention of this, as far as I'm aware?)

All very informal at this stage, and very much an exercise in gauging any interest, and see if it's worthwhile taking it a step further.

My initial thoughts/preference was a 10 seater executive box, and in all honesty, that remains my personal preference, as whilst obviously being more expensive, we'd have a better opportunity to introduce ourselves to fellow forum strangers!  That's purely from the "Forum meet up" perspective of course, but the extra dosh would no doubt be appreciated by those still lucky enough to be clocking on at the club!

I'm not, however, averse to the "lesser options", in the various suites, effectively mixing with others.

I've now spoken directly with the lovely Sarah in Hospitality (Thanks Sarah, if you're reading!) and have a better idea of costs, and what to expect for your money.

Obviously the opposition/game category affects prices, but just throwing some typical figures out for now.

I think all options include arrival from 2 hours before KO, to 1 hour after final whistle.

I'd say the executive box option needs to be fully attended by 10 of us, price split equally, to make it financially viable.
This would be in the NW corner, below the main scoreboard, and almost certainly the second tier down, not the very top tier.  
This option includes, amongst other little bits...
3 x free parking spaces between us, in the main West Car Park
4 x course pre-match lunch (Served in the box, not out in a busy restaurant).
Waiter/ess service for any bar drinks etc.

Ooh... hang on... 

"Executive Boxes:
Our Executive Boxes provide an intimate and impressive environment, with seating for up to 10 guests and a superb view from your own private balcony.
Your experience includes:
Executive balcony match view padded seats.
Dedicated member of waiting personnel.
Licensed betting facilities.
Satellite LCD TV including live match feed.
Hospitality options:
Four course choice menu, Chef’s pre-match cheese board or use of box and drinks service.
Parking at £10.00+VAT per person"

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/executive-boxes-matchday

The other options are in shared suites, less expensive of course, but possibly more suitable if less than 10 of us are interested, as smaller groups can be accommodated.

Briefly:

"The Pedigree Suite:
The Pedigree Suite is our largest suite at Pride Park Stadium and all seats can be accessed directly from the room, with many offering panoramic views of the pitch.
When dining in this Suite you can enjoy locally-sourced traditional cuisine that has been specially prepared by our team of Executive Chefs.
Each fixture is priced differently to keep things current and interesting each matchday."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/pedigree-suite

This suite is in the SW Corner.
Two-Course Plated meal, at designated tables/seats.
Match Ambassador/Former player meet & Greet type thing.

"The Captain's Club:
The Captain’s Club is a relaxed matchday hospitality experience in contemporary surroundings offering one of the best vantage points in the stadium and regular visits from Derby County Captains, past and present.
Enjoy being with fellow fans, share a few laughs and watch the footie!
Package includes:
Unlimited hot buffet selection.
Dessert station with cheese and biscuits served post-game.
Premium match view seating available on the balcony directly outside the suite or standard seating in the West Upper.
Tea and coffee station.
Cash bar facility.
Tables are unreserved and are available on a first come, first served basis."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/matchday-captains-club

I think a Saturday game is the way forward, rather than a mid-week evening game?
I quite fancy the Sheff Utd game on Sat 15th Jan, purely to give this enough time for any questions/organising etc?

But of course, all is up for debate/comments/queries and further discussion(s), so please fire away on here. 
Don't bombard me with puns (you pun guys can be REALLY annoying!), quips, and general testicular-based comments.  This is serious!  This is no place for tyre kickers, time wasters, or former club owners who just wants to get back with the lads, on the cheap!  That horse has bolted, sir!   

Merely as examples at this stage, a brief look at potential prices:

For the Cat Silver game v Blackpool - Sat 11th December:
Exec Box:  £1,250 + vat = £1,500 divided by a full quota of 10 = £150.00 each.  
Pedigree Suite:  £99 + vat = £118.80 each
Captains Club:  £50 + vat = £60.00 each

For the Sheffield Utd game on Sat 15th Jan:
Exec Box:  £1,490 + vat = £1,788 divided by a full quota of 10 = £178.80 each.  
Pedigree Suite:  £129+ vat = £154.80 each
Captains Club:  £80 + vat = £96.00 each

Further costs hinted at here, presumably updated as we approach the later matches...
 https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/hospitality

There's been a fair bit of talk about throwing a few extra quid in the clubs coffers.  Let's see if this forum can do its little bit to help?

All questions, and certainly comments, will be very much appreciated.

Who's up for it?  

So far, we have... erm... well, there's me... and erm... 

?

No

Edited by Mick Brolly

I think it is a brilliant idea, @Mucker1884 and @uttoxram75. Thanks for putting some flesh on the bones for us.  I don't think you'll have any problems filling the places and if money and distance were no object probably most forum members would jump at the chance. If you only have 9 people able to come, I'll willingly make up the tenth, though I'd much rather other regular match goers be given priority and I'll step in if needed!?

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah I could be tempted for Sheffield U in Jan.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd be keen but to be honest in the run up to Christmas I'm unlikely to have the cash. Kids need their presents and all that. I'd be very keen for something in the new year however.

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’d be very very keen on this !

52 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes; After Xmas, I'm game.

Cheers all.

I do think post Christmas is the way to go, for timing and financial reasons.  

I'll let this thread just flow for a good few days/a week or so, and see where we are then.

If anyone has any preferences as to which hospitality we go for/budgets etc, or any particular interest in any other games further into the season, shout up.  The more we think out loud now, the easier it will be collate and discuss later.

Thanks again for the early feedback.  

??

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

I think it is a brilliant idea, @Mucker1884 and @uttoxram75. Thanks for putting some flesh on the bones for us.  I don't think you'll have any problems filling the places and if money and distance were no object probably most forum members would jump at the chance. If you only have 9 people able to come, I'll willingly make up the tenth, though I'd much rather other regular match goers be given priority and I'll step in if needed!?

Not sure about priority.  More like picking names out of a hat, if it comes to being "oversubscribed"... Or maybe smuggling a couple in under our coats!  ?

19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That's good to know but how do you feel about Muckers proposal? ?

I've put a laughing emoji... then remembered I distinctly requested no time wasters, and no talking booloox!

You are very lucky I am in an exceptionally good mood, as I've just got home, to find my new sexy Ajax shirt makes me look like an absolute Adonis!  So much so, I'm off to mention it in a few other threads, just so nobody misses out!    

Lucky, I tell yer!  Think on!  ?

Great idea and thanks for leading on it.

In tempted, but live in London, so a lot  depends on winter weather and fuel availability etc, and also whether I could convince my wife to travel up to Derby in mid Jan.

For now I can’t commit , but I’ll keep an eye on this thread and see if  things change or you start to firm up.

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Cheers all.

I do think post Christmas is the way to go, for timing and financial reasons.  

I'll let this thread just flow for a good few days/a week or so, and see where we are then.

If anyone has any preferences as to which hospitality we go for/budgets etc, or any particular interest in any other games further into the season, shout up.  The more we think out loud now, the easier it will be collate and discuss later.

Thanks again for the early feedback.  

??

All in me. Go large for us Cockneys.. But would be just as happy with one of the lesser packages if that suited others best. Just let me know. If it's Pedigree or Captains Club, I might treat Little Angry. 

11 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

All in me. Go large for us Cockneys.. But would be just as happy with one of the lesser packages if that suited others best. Just let me know. If it's Pedigree or Captains Club, I might treat Little Angry. 

Same approach for me too, for the record.

PS:
I hope to God "Little Angry" is your son or summat?  My first thought was that you were threatening to rival young @Burton_Fruit, and his perverse shenanigans!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884