Anyone fancy a Matchday Meet Up? (Gauging interest)...

Mucker1884

49 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

My preference remains a 10 seater box, and am comfortable with the associated costs (when divided by 9 or 10 of us). 

But only if that interests enough people, and we can get the numbers? 

A table in a suite is more as a back up option, as far as I'm concerned, but that option may be more preferable to the majority, hence my desire for comments, opinions, and feedback etc.

You seem to be as keen as me, so your points re February are duly noted. Perhaps we can avoid February altogether?  There are two Saturday games scheduled for March.  Barnsley on 5th, and Coventry on 19th.
Either would suit me.

No need to commit any monies as yet, but if we get enough feedback and interest sooner, maybe we can get something booked before Xmas, but most seem keen to hang on to their money until New Year.  If that's just a matter of cash-flow, and they are otherwise "Definitely up for it", then I'd be happy to stump up earlier, for them to settle up nearer the time/on the day, but that obviously comes with some risks. 

An alternative would be for me to simply book and pay, then announce it on here that I have 9 available places for the (specific) game against XYZ FC, on this date, for £x each, but that obviously increases the risks to me, and it's too early for me to commit to that gamble.  More feedback and comments from others may convince me that could work, so I'm not saying I won't do that, just yet!

On that note, I'm more bothered about being seen to be taken for a gullible mug than the actual financial implications, if truth be told! 

Just as long as we all realise we are all strangers here... and anonymous to boot!... and that there is a certain amount of two-way trust required, I'm sure we'll sort something out between us all.  (I'm thinking if anyone says they are flying over from America for it, and they'll settle up when they get here, I might just double book their place!  ?)

For the record, I have laid out for mini-busses before, and relied on members of A.N. Other forum to not let me down, which all came good to be fair... very good in all honesty... and on more than one occasion, but if I'm forking out c. £1,500 for a 10 seater box, and hoping to re-coup 90% of that from "interested parties", then I'm obviously upping the ante!

And besides... Just how silly would I look turning up to a 10 seater on my own...

"Welcome sir.  May I take your name?"
"Billy... Double L, no mates"!   ?

?

Yeah the box would be good. I will stay up in Derby so I can, for once, have a beer or two. Little Angry is away watching the cricket in March, so it would be just me.

I'm happy to go halves with you if we have to pay initially and then get the money back. 

Edited by Angry Ram

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah the box would be good. I will stay up in Derby so I can, for once, have a beer or two. Little Angry is away watching the cricket in March, so it would be just me.

I'm happy to go halves with you if we have to pay initially and then get the money back. 

You are a gent, sir.

Noted and appreciated.

Lets see what the next week or so brings, and what others have to say.  ??

If I have understood the above comments correctly then 'Plan A' is that there will be 10 spaces in total in a box, it will work out at around £150 each, and we are thinking of doing it in one of the March fixtures?

If my understanding is correct then I am still keen.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If I have understood the above comments correctly then 'Plan A' is that there will be 10 spaces in total in a box, it will work out at around £150 each, and we are thinking of doing it in one of the March fixtures?

If my understanding is correct then I am still keen.

1/  Yes.
2/  Yes.
3/  Yes.
4/  Yeah, baby!  

??

I am really keen to meet up with fellow Derby fans. I have never lived near Derby and, I know that this probably sounds really pathetic, but I would love to have some “friends” to chat to and meet up with before a game.

Having said that I think £150 to join up with 9 strangers and spend the day with them is probably a bit extravagant.

I would suggest, personally, that a better option is to meet in a quiet-ish pub before the match (and/or after) and get to know a few people, then maybe a future match we can go the exec box route.

Of course, I’m only one of many, so feel free to ignore me!!

39 minutes ago, Malty said:

I would suggest, personally, that a better option is to meet in a quiet-ish pub before the match (and/or after) and get to know a few people, then maybe a future match we can go the exec box route.

Blimey sounds like an evening with @Boycie Real Ale and slippers. 

I was thinking more about getting absolutely rat arsed and having a kebab later.

16 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Blimey sounds like an evening with @Boycie Real Ale and slippers. 

I was thinking more about getting absolutely rat arsed and having a kebab later.

True. He declined an invitation to my stag do as he wouldn't get into any bars with his slippers on. 

At some point I guess you have to admit defeat and acknowledge you're just too old.