We always get poo refs.

Gritstone Ram

5 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Swansea just had a great penalty claim turned down, Linesman right in view...not just us then.

The overall standard of refereeing in the EFL is poor to say the least but they're not helped by their linesmen. Far too often they wait for the ref to make a decision then stick the flag up so as to be seen to be in agreement with him. For pity sake have the nouse to make a decision based on what you see and if the ref over-rules you fair enough.

In one of the recent matches at PP the ball went out of play and it was obvious to most East Stand fans it was a Derby throw but the ref hesitated, looked for help from the lino who hadn't a clue. It was as though there was an impasse and after what seemed an eternity (probably 4 or 5 seconds), the ref gave the throw to the opposition - most likely because they were the defending side so less likely that a goal might come from their ineptitude.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The overall standard of refereeing in the EFL is poor to say the least but they're not helped by their linesmen. Far too often they wait for the ref to make a decision then stick the flag up so as to be seen to be in agreement with him. For pity sake have the nouse to make a decision based on what you see and if the ref over-rules you fair enough.

In one of the recent matches at PP the ball went out of play and it was obvious to most East Stand fans it was a Derby throw but the ref hesitated, looked for help from the lino who hadn't a clue. It was as though there was an impasse and after what seemed an eternity (probably 4 or 5 seconds), the ref gave the throw to the opposition - most likely because they were the defending side so less likely that a goal might come from their ineptitude.

I see what you did there...very clever.

We still refer to them as Linesmen...the official name is...Referees Assistants, Who is essense very rarely assist, Major decisions are left to the person in the middle.

In local Sunday Morning games Refs will tell both linesman...ball in and out of play and offside let me make the big decisions, I always wonder whether this is what happens in Pro football ?

20 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Anyone else agree?

Wayne has called them out. We never get the decision.

I’m not saying they aren’t equally bad for the opposition but I think there’s a little bias in there. I reckon they have an agenda. Maybe Wayne is right and it is due to all the goings on. Does this make it sport? Surely things should be even!

I've said this in other threads as well, I find it very hard to believe that the officials could be against us in games. However, it seems to be happening in almost every match now and it really does make you wonder?. I don't know if the standard of officials in the championship this year is just poor, or if there genuinely is something more going on. 

Hate to say it, but is it time for VAR in the championship?

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

It's because the majority of refs in this division are poo there's no conspiracy going on, but we probably have had more stuff go against us than for us so far this season. 

It will probably even out though. 

As someone has already suggested we should end up having a couple of dozen dodgy penalty awards go in our favour before the season ends because we gave a number of years of catch-up to so.

In reality we ain’t gonna get those penno’s, and will probably have a number of “nailed-ons” go against us instead.

Edited by DavesaRam

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

We have had some terrible decisions against us this season and also benefited from a few too.  Not for 1 second do I believe that bias has played a part. Poor refs are to blame.  Anyone stupid enough to believe a conspiracy theory should be ashamed 

Could you list the ones that have gone in our favour, because I'd love to stop feeling paranoid? 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

but is it time for VAR in the championship?

I’d rather decisions keep going against us than have that in our game

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Could you list the ones that have gone in our favour, because I'd love to stop feeling paranoid? 

We played a game on Chester Green mid 80s, The Ref was well known for being shocking an Italian named Calderone, He gave us an indirect free kick in the penalty area, Their players stood on the line, He told them all to get to the edge of the Pentalty area as it was a penalty, Our Captain tried to explain an indirect free kick isn't a penalty...we told told him to shut the F up...still lost the game tho.

The reason we get poor refs and linesmen is because the standard of refereeing in this country is appalling and getting worse. Every club suffers, probably relatively equally. The unfit, overweight, unknown school teacher amateurs of the 70s were better than the current lot. Thank God we had Mike Dean in the last match of last season.

If the efl were managing the game properly they would realise that it’s becoming a major issue, far more important to the overall state of the game than most other things.  They won’t do much about it. 

I would still rather have incompetence in black than var though. 

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

We played a game on Chester Green mid 80s, The Ref was well known for being shocking an Italian named Calderone, He gave us an indirect free kick in the penalty area, Their players stood on the line, He told them all to get to the edge of the Pentalty area as it was a penalty, Our Captain tried to explain an indirect free kick isn't a penalty...we told told him to shut the F up...still lost the game tho.

Calderone. Now there's a name from the past. 

Let’s not forget Roo’s red which the ref said was a yellow until the very last moment, hence the blades players going crazy, it must have been the 4th official who was miles away, but no doubt near a monitor that fed him some information.  Couldn’t have been the lineo or he would have gone over to him to show he’d got info from him.

Add that to the conspiracy.

4 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I've said this in other threads as well, I find it very hard to believe that the officials could be against us in games. However, it seems to be happening in almost every match now and it really does make you wonder?. I don't know if the standard of officials in the championship this year is just poor, or if there genuinely is something more going on. 

Hate to say it, but is it time for VAR in the championship?

Please no VAR.

Aren't referees just like players in the sense that as soon as any Championship ref gets good, the Premier League takes them? 

Its not a conspiracy, its more likely a hint at a meeting that refs should not be swayed by having Lampard or Rooney on the touch line. Subconciously it becomes biased against us.

Simple as that really, refs won't see it as cheating, just an awareness that they shouldn't give decisions to Derby because Wayne Rooney is managing us. Which means if its a 50/50 shout it will always go against us.

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Please no VAR.

Aren't referees just like players in the sense that as soon as any Championship ref gets good, the Premier League takes them? 

it's not just the referee's though, it's the linesmen and 4th official's that have also been poor this year. The longer it goes on the more it makes me wonder about it.

I also don't want VAR but if it was in use, we would undeniably have more points on the board now.

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Calderone. Now there's a name from the past. 

Tommy French, He'd book you and you'd give him a couple of quid not to send it in, Eric Baker the window cleaner, Good Ref but cost us a game once with a bad call, Rang our secretary up on the Sunday evening to oppologise for his wrong call, Sandy Powell must have been 80 years old, We played Stanley Common Miners Welfare on the Racecourse, One of their players took one of our players out at knee high, Sandy asked him if he has a shower after the game...I sure do was his reply...well you best have one now as i'm sending you off, Jonny Oldknow...probably the best Sunday ref out there

10 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Please no VAR.

Referees are marked by each team, Referess will have an assessor in the stands to monitor their performance(who assesses the assessor?)when they constantley get good scores they'll be invited to officiate a Premier game, They'll be scrutinised and eventually if they make a good showing they'll be added to the Premier League list, Stuart Atwell on the other hand was fast tracked just like the Australian official has been, Atwells mentor was one George Courtney a horrible official imo, A school headmaster...instead of detention he booked them, One who NEVER used COMMON SENSE!

Andy D'Urso who was a decent ref imo, One game in the Premier was the start of his downhill profession, He dared to give a penalty against United at Old Trafford and suffered the consequences.

image.png.a827522ffcd5978441d09eaff5abd4e6.png