We always get poo refs.

Gritstone Ram

Anyone else agree?

Wayne has called them out. We never get the decision.

I’m not saying they aren’t equally bad for the opposition but I think there’s a little bias in there. I reckon they have an agenda. Maybe Wayne is right and it is due to all the goings on. Does this make it sport? Surely things should be even!

17 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the refs we get, also referee other teams on another week? 

Is the claim that they're only poo towards us and acceptable everywhere else? Is that supported by any evidence? 

Don’t start putting any objective views on here. This is a we’re behind Wazza on this. The refs have it in for us. 

30 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the refs we get, also referee other teams on another week? 

Is the claim that they're only poo towards us and acceptable everywhere else? Is that supported by any evidence? 

Not really sure why their performance in other games matters? And to be honest, if today's mob are that bad every game, they really need sacking. They're paid to do a job after all. 

Every team gets bad calls, this much is true, but when it's almost every game, it's only natural that folk start to ask questions. Some of the officiating this season and to a lesser extent, the 2nd half of last season too, has been bewildering in it's ineptitude. 

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not really sure why their performance in other games matters? And to be honest, if today's mob are that bad every game, they really need sacking. They're paid to do a job after all. 

Every team gets bad calls, this much is true, but when it's almost every game, it's only natural that folk start to ask questions. Some of the officiating this season and to a lesser extent, the 2nd half of last season too, has been bewildering in it's ineptitude. 

It's logic. 

We get poo refs because that is all there is.

Simples.

No conspiracy, just poo. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's logic. 

We get poo refs because that is all there is.

Simples.

No conspiracy, just poo. 

All well and good but I haven't said it's a conspiracy. I'm saying we're getting too many bad calls and it's fair enough to ask questions. By your 'logic' we should benefit from as many 'poo refs' calls as we lose out on, but that's not been the case. I think Wayne bringing it up is just what any and every manager does when they feel too many calls are going the wrong way.

11 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Anyone else agree?

Wayne has called them out. We never get the decision.

I’m not saying they aren’t equally bad for the opposition but I think there’s a little bias in there. I reckon they have an agenda. Maybe Wayne is right and it is due to all the goings on. Does this make it sport? Surely things should be even!

Absolutely. 
It happens to us on such a regular basis now that it isn’t just chance. All teams will of course claim the refs don’t give the decisions their way but it’s starting to go beyond that. We have committed amongst the fewest fouls but have amongst the highest yellow cards. We’ve had several blatant penalties not given - 2 against the red dogs were the most nailed on in decades of watching football. 
Im not suggesting a full on conspiracy where all referees gathered at a country hotel for a weekend and put together a dossier of”  “do’s and Don’ts” when reffing the Rams “ but there is something more subtler going on - a culture of bias against Derby widespread amongst championship refs. It’s quite clear to me and WR is right to call it out. 

12 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

We got a genuinely corrupt referee in the 70s so yeah why not

Too true...proven in later years, Helmut Haller(German)was from the same town as the German referee, Peter Taylor went into the refs dressing room at HT to challenge the Ref and Haller was in there.

I posted this on the Preston thread...more appropriate here

The concerning thing is this..."Officials"..., No doubt most if not all clubs would want a fare minded official, There appears to be 1 common denominator with us...the non awarding of penalties, With WR now putting it on record that he believes we're not getting what he thinks are penalties...a man who keeps his own observations to a minimum...but 2 things, He now feels under pressure(because of our 12 point penalty) to complain about those in the middle...which I don't feel he is, Or he has a genuine grievance.

Reading the match day posts on here after every game and they can be a little blinkered, But there's enough posters on here that have a belief we're being harshly treated for 1 reason or another, Is there a conspiracy...I very much doubt it, Do the match officials know about our predicament...they certainly do, Has this any influence on how we're judged for the whole period of the game...ask them and the answer will be a resounding NO!

If the officials believe what some other teams Chairmen say about us "Cheating" then unfortunately there's more poor officials coming our way.

I have friends who are keen fans of other clubs (yeah I know but it is what it is ) and they also feel they are really hard done by by referees. Villa, Brum, even Liverpool. so its not just us and its not just clubs that are struggling.

But I have long held a theory that the colour of your strip and in particular your shirt and socks makes you more or less visible to the ref/linesman. Short sleeve grey please

Watched the highlights from yesterday's Championship games and the amount of poor decisions made by many of the refs was disconcerting to say the least. So it's not just us that are suffering from poo refs. But it does feel like we are getting an unfair share of these poor decisions.

If we're to believe that old adage, that decisions even themselves out over the season. Then we must be due a glut of penalties awarded in our favour before Christmas.

It's not just us that have valid complaints, but it seems to have been happening to us for as long as I can remember and all too often in crucial games where those decisions directly affected the outcome of games. I can't help but think that pretty soon a groundswell of demands for VAR in the Championship will lead to the inevitable. 

I can accept genuine errors - officials unsighted, convincing deception by an opponent - but when it's blindingly obvious to a large number of spectators, it's totally unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

It's not just us that have valid complaints, but it seems to have been happening to us for as long as I can remember and all too often in crucial games where those decisions directly affected the outcome of games. I can't help but think that pretty soon a groundswell of demands for VAR in the Championship will lead to the inevitable. 

I can accept genuine errors - officials unsighted, convincing deception by an opponent - but when it's blindingly obvious to a large number of spectators, it's totally unacceptable. 

giphy.gif