Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

34 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It does seem a more sensible option though. The entire case came down to whether Professor Pope was a reliable witness, and the LAP made their decision entirely on the basis of what the DC wrote in their report, they never even got to speak to him themselves.  Although there are obviously significant time and cost reasons to not want a brand new DC.

Professor Pope saw the deed done in the Library by Colonel Mustard with the dagger. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I dont know where to find it either and CBA , but I think it's there in the process.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/appendix-5-financial-fair-play-regulations/

“6.4          Any Disciplinary Commission convened pursuant to or otherwise in relation to any matter covered by these Rules shall include at least one member who holds a nationally recognised qualification as an accountant or auditor (but who shall not sit as the chairman of the Disciplinary Commission, who shall be qualified as set out in Regulation 90.3.1) (the Finance Member).

6.5          The Finance Member shall be selected by the Independent Directors of the Board from a panel of Finance Members approved by a simple majority of the member clubs in the Championship division as at the date the panel is presented for approval.  For the purposes of Regulation 90.3.2, the Finance Member shall be deemed to be the member appointed by The League”

43 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm not sure £8m a month is correct?

Wasn't it £8m a week?

I don't think mel was putting £400 mill into the club every year. I'd be disappointed if we werent winning the champions league with that kind of investment!

1 minute ago, desirelines said:

Will we hear from Mel any time soon I wonder? I'd love to know what he's thinking now he's the most hated man in Derby

Would you really like to hear anything from him ? Don’t get me wrong, if you did, that’s fine, but myself...if he told me it was raining I’d go outside and see if I got wet.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Because we didn’t put any accounts in. 2018/19 accounts were Mel’s smoking gun.

Were they submitted late? Why didn't EFL try and nail us for the 2018-19 accounts. Like you say everyone knew that was going to be a bad year with poo signings reaching their contract ends. it even suggested as much in the previous accounts. That's why we sold PPS to cover losses on those poo signings isn't it?

1 minute ago, JfR said:

I don't think Professor Pope should be trusted. He falsely claims to be a pope, so how can we believe that he's telling the truth about being a professor?

He professes things? Isn't that what the title means.

Thus, I profess that beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, but is in fact skin deep.

I am now professor.

12 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Bear in mind that those losses are all rolling 3 year losses, so the actual losses are only a third of what’s quoted there.  The total FFP overspend is about £33m (although it could be higher depending on how those listed figures deal with ‘resetting’ losses in previous seasons). I think that overspend falls into the season we sold the stadium, so it would have been interesting to see if we could have used the reserve valuation thingy at that point - I’m probably mangling this, but we basically ‘stored’ some of the profit from the sale of the stadium for future use, but if we knew where we were on FFP terms we may not have done that at all.  All it takes is using that, and maybe some other action like not signing Bielik, and we’re not that far off hitting the target.

I don't really get the reserve thing but yes I sort of thought we were selling the stadium to cover future expected losses, so held some profit back as a  reserve. Not sure why we couldn't do that. If we had known the losses were in the past due to the amortsiation thing then we could have maybe allowed for the profit in full anyway.

In which case the EFL's retrospective action has caused an even bigger mess to our accounts than i thought.

Anyway, there's no point complaining about the decision. What's done is done, and the deduction can't be changed, now.

Instead, let's all put our curly wigs on and compile a list of all the other clubs that we suspect have broken the rules to try and drag some down below us. It's our only real chance at staying up, now!

Let's start with Middlesbrough, who wrongly claim to be a "Boro", despite only containing one of the required "Os" in their name. Blatant false advertising.

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Were they submitted late? Why didn't EFL try and nail us for the 2018-19 accounts. Like you say everyone knew that was going to be a bad year with poo signings reaching their contract ends. it even suggested as much in the previous accounts. That's why we sold PPS to cover losses on those poo signings isn't it?

The 2018/19 accounts have never been submitted Pete. That is part of the reason we have been under embargo for 2 years. Mel needed to pay c£95m for the stadium or possibly more to have got round it. Or he could have sold Johnson/Butterfield/Anya/Blackman and Nugent at a bargain £15m job lot ?

6 minutes ago, JfR said:

Anyway, there's no point complaining about the decision. What's done is done, and the deduction can't be changed, now.

Instead, let's all put our curly wigs on and compile a list of all the other clubs that we suspect have broken the rules to try and drag some down below us. It's our only real chance at staying up, now!

Let's start with Middlesbrough, who wrongly claim to be a "Boro", despite only containing one of the required "Os" in their name. Blatant false advertising.

Also they are not in the Middle, but way up North.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

The 2018/19 accounts have never been submitted Pete. That is part of the reason we have been under embargo for 2 years. Mel needed to pay c£95m for the stadium or possibly more to have got round it. Or he could have sold Johnson/Butterfield/Anya/Blackman and Nugent at a bargain £15m job lot ?

Leave Nuge out of this. he was a straight line job.

9 minutes ago, JfR said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwO9OngUJp4pbwKgaEI4e

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well I am guessing that the auditors and ICAEW must have seen some documentation and concluded that it gave a true and fair view.

Id like to see a sample of Championship players sold over the last 10 years and see how their sale value compares to their NRV using straight line amortisation method.

According to Kieran Maquire, amortisation isn't mean to reflect residual value so I'm not sure it would be all that relevant.