Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

37 minutes ago, Hordh said:

Error of judgement?? Minor offence?? Morris attempted to circumvent FFP by numerous means and that is why the club is where it is. He got away with the selling 9f the ground at an inflated figure, but in the end it caught up with him. The EFL under Harvey were useless that no one can deny, but the clubs plight isn't down to them! 

We have been found guilty of a minor offence and given a £100K fine, there doesn't seem to be any other charge on the table yet. Mel sailed us into a very grey area by trying to outflank FFP, it seems he did a good enough job to prevent a straight forward charge. The EFL have then sailed into their own grey area to bully and undermine us with embargo's and inuendo. There seems to have been a constant drip of information undermining us throughout the whole process.

I'm angry with the EFL for their underhand conduct of the affair, with Mel for him taking his bat home and leaving us in the lurch, with Gibson and Couhig for trying to Bury us with their legal action. Relegation may be the least of our worries, if the EFL continue to duck with us then we may have half the team leave of a free and the talented kids for a pittance. If HMRC dig there heels in we could still go under. I keep hearing Patrick Allen's voice telling me this might be the last game you ever see, and it's making me upset. 

5 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Well either the Athletic is wrong or Percy is. 
I’m hoping the latter. No doubt will find out by the end of the week 

The athletic article would have been written a few days ago, probably then on the basis of intel that was not current. Sadly you have to think Percy has the latest news 

Given that we (think) we know that the EFL signed off our accounts for years before identifying the issue and, effectively, retrospectively punishing us (and the consequences of this resubmitting accounts that have put us in the ?), I’m amazed we/the administrators haven’t sought to take the EFL to court ourselves.  I just cannot see how the EFL’s position has been on any way in the interests of natural justice. This is particularly the case, when you think about the ridiculous cases Boro and Wycombe are trying on. 

I’m like a dog with a bone on this, but I also still fail to see why the EFL are so intent on destroying the club. There must have been ways out for them which would have seen them able to punish us and still save safe with the other clubs (eg leaving it at the 100,000 fine, not requiring updated accounts and just being told not to do it again… or something… there must have been scope for leniency and discretion, especially with things like COVID.). Just a massive group of jobsworths. 

Yes, Mel needs to take the lion’s share of the blame for all this as he is ultimately responsible, but the EFL have been deplorable in my humble opinion.

Oh well. Futile rage it is then!

7 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

We have been found guilty of a minor offence and given a £100K fine, there doesn't seem to be any other charge on the table yet. Mel sailed us into a very grey area by trying to outflank FFP, it seems he did a good enough job to prevent a straight forward charge. The EFL have then sailed into their own grey area to bully and undermine us with embargo's and inuendo. There seems to have been a constant drip of information undermining us throughout the whole process.

I'm angry with the EFL for their underhand conduct of the affair, with Mel for him taking his bat home and leaving us in the lurch, with Gibson and Couhig for trying to Bury us with their legal action. Relegation may be the least of our worries, if the EFL continue to duck with us then we may have half the team leave of a free and the talented kids for a pittance. If HMRC dig there heels in we could still go under. I keep hearing Patrick Allen's voice telling me this might be the last game you ever see, and it's making me upset. 

Isn’t it the case that we received a 100k fine *and* were required to restate the accounts and P&S calculations for prior years, and it’s on the basis of these new accounts/P&S that this new points deduction is being applied?

10 minutes ago, Chris_D said:

Isn’t it the case that we received a 100k fine *and* were required to restate the accounts and P&S calculations for prior years, and it’s on the basis of these new accounts/P&S that this new points deduction is being applied?

Yes, but the question is why we were ordered to resubmit accounts?

The IDC found that our method of amortisation was sound, and the LAP found it only worthy of a £100,000 fine.

Making us resubmit the accounts was basically forcing us to fail P&S because they already knew the outcome.

15 minutes ago, Chris_D said:

I don’t think that accounts for the nine point deduction though. Not sure what that is for .  And there wouldn’t be any deduction if the Efl hadn’t changed their minds about how they wanted the accounts done. Or if there had been an accountant on the appeals panel.

Edited by PistoldPete

8 hours ago, Hordh said:

Error of judgement?? Minor offence?? Morris attempted to circumvent FFP by numerous means and that is why the club is where it is. He got away with the selling 9f the ground at an inflated figure, but in the end it caught up with him. The EFL under Harvey were useless that no one can deny, but the clubs plight isn't down to them! 

You are correct, it was not a minor offence, it was no offence at all, as concluded by the IDC.

The important thing you are omitting is that we tried to circumvent FFP but fully within the rules.

If you are still arguing that the stadium valuation was an inflated figure I'm guessing that you have not followed the case too closely. 

Maybe the EFL should start challenging the sales values of players? I can think if plenty that have been sold at inflated values. 

Our financial situation is in no way down to the EFL but the fact that we have found ourselves with our hands tied behind our backs for nearly 2 years (let that timescale sink in) lays fully at their door.

We've basically been stopped from operating normally and put in the position of not being allowed access to a Covid loan purely on the basis of unfounded alllegations from other clubs.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes, but the question is why we were ordered to resubmit accounts?

The IDC found that our method of amortisation was sound, and the LAP found it only worthy of a £100,000 fine.

Making us resubmit the accounts was basically forcing us to fail P&S because they already knew the outcome.

Totally agree that on the face of it weve been shoddily treated by the EFL in all of this, at the behest of other club chairmen

However... we would have failed at some point anyway though wouldn't we, kicking the can down the road from the 3 years ending 2018 would have only ended up increasing losses in the outstanding submissions for 3 years ending 2019, 2020 & 2021. There's still the same amount of total transfer cost to amortise at some point in time. We are probably ending up where we were always going to end up in respect of the -9.

The -12 for administration is the killer.

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Sorry to be over simplistic, but I still cannot get my head around being punished for an accounting practice which the EFL expressly approved in the first instance!

Bonkers doesn't come into it. It's the exact opposite of what Bozo was attempting last week for his mate Paterson and even that chuff realised he was pi$$ing in the wind.

They didn’t expressly approve it. But They did implicitly ok it. I have no doubt that if Parry haDnt taken over none of this poo show would have happened. It is unfair that they move the goalposts retrospectively just because they have a new guy with different ideas.

Edited by PistoldPete

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t think that accounts for the nine point deduction though. Not sure what that is for .  And there wouldn’t be any deduction of the Efl hadn’t changed their minds about how they wanted the accounts done. Or if there had been an accountant on the appeals panel.

The 9 points will be for failing P&S across more than one period.

What the EFL are doing is disgraceful though. If we have failed then they should charge us and let the case be heard by an IDC immediately due to our situation.

They should not be negotiating anything with the administrators as they do not have the best interests of us as a football club at the top of their agenda. 

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Totally agree that on the face of it weve been shoddily treated by the EFL in all of this, at the behest of other club chairmen

However... we would have failed at some point anyway though wouldn't we, kicking the can down the road from the 3 years ending 2018 would have only ended up increasing losses in the outstanding submissions for 3 years ending 2019, 2020 & 2021. There's still the same amount of total transfer cost to amortise at some point in time. We are probably ending up where we were always going to end up in respect of the -9.

The -12 for administration is the killer.

I don’t think it’s true that we would have breached Ffp anyway. Costs were coming down and we had the stadium sale. 

but COVID also affects our ability to stay within ffp as well taking us into admin.