Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

Let’s just get all the points penalties now and start next season fresh with a new owner in League One.

People saying -21 points is the worst case scenario. it isn’t at all. We’re already going down with -12 points. Worst case scenario is relegation and then for the financial irregularity / punishment points deduction to happen in League One.

Starting next season in League One with zero points, a new owner and no hanging points deduction is among the best case scenarios.

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If this is true, and we do get a 21 point deduction, I seriously hope someone at Derby County FC compiles a very strongly worded presser confirming our disappointment with the EFL's decision, and our overall regret of the outcome.

That'll learn 'em!  

Well not really. Because the EFL only complain to the press if an independent panel reaches a decision they disagree with . If an EFL comprising Ridsdale , Gibson and co   come up with a decision we should accept it meekly because they are much more careful with their spending and always act with utmost integrity. Ask Gibson's chauffeur and as everyone knows Ridsdale is whiter than white. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Let’s just get all the points penalties now and start next season fresh with a new owner in League One.

People saying -21 points is the worst case scenario. it isn’t at all. We’re already going down with -12 points. Worst case scenario is relegation and then for the financial irregularity / punishment points deduction to happen in League One.

Starting next season in League One with zero points, a new owner and no hanging points deduction is among the best case scenarios.

If we go down more than 12 points behind safety that one carries over into next season

30 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Anyone believing that they can achieve some sort of beast-level catharsis by making others as miserable as they feel is in for a nasty shock. Writing down one's reasons for feeling sad or anxious, or annotating those feelings, is a million miles away from venting one's spleen at a complete stranger via social media. 

On thread, as regards the additional 9 point deduction, if it's true, there ought to be some form of enquiry into how exactly this is known by a journalist before the EFL have formally laid out the specifics of the charges brought and the penalties attached to them. It stinks to the high heavens and speaks to the incredibly divisive way they have sought to undermine the club at every juncture. After two years of embargos, with all the issues such sanctions bring, we now find ourselves looking at a 21 point sanction on top and for what? For using ERV and not straight line amortisation policies!

If these reports are true, then I can imagine precisely the line they have adopted in their 'negotiations; challenge either or both charges and we'll seek to expel you from the league. If this is correct then it's small wonder that the talks were 'adjourned' and even less surprising that Mel felt he had to walk away. So much for the 'integrity of the league'. No question, we've made errors of judgement, but has any club ever been faced with such a heavy price to pay for what was, compared to other clubs' transgressions, a relatively minor offence?

'We want Derby County to be sustainable' - GTFOH

I think Luton were given an almighty penalty (not sure what for) , but that just showed how these things snowball. EFL  relegate a club and what happens? they lose money and are in a further financial mess.  It makes no sense. 

My piss is boiling right now!! I’m so angry. Seething!! This is an absolute disgrace!! The EFL is a shocking organisation that panders to its most vocal members. This isn’t about financial fair play, integrity of the league or making clubs sustainable, this is politics pure and simple!! I want the administrators to publish everything, i want to know exactly what we have done that constitutes a 9 point penalty, how much have we breached by to the pound and penny - if it adds up to a 9 point deduction then fair enough and it’s more Mel lies. If it doesn’t, then we’ve been totally done over -  exploited due to our position being in admin and needing closure to sell the club. If it’s never released then we know the answer. 

That all said, despite being angry at the EFL   the main person to blame for all of this is Mel. He plunged us into admin, he started the fight with the EFL and he ran away and both issues have contributed to us now being relegation certainties in November. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

I think Luton were given an almighty penalty (not sure what for) , but that just showed how these things snowball. EFL  relegate a club and what happens? they lose money and are in a further financial mess.  It makes no sense. 

Luton and Leeds were both very harshly (in my opinion) dealt with by the EFL/FA, Luton was basically for admitting to dodgy agent use.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

My piss is boiling right now!! I’m so angry. Seething!! This is an absolute disgrace!! The EFL is a shocking organisation that panders to its most vocal members. This isn’t about financial fair play, integrity of the league or making clubs sustainable, this is politics pure and simple!! I want the administrators to publish everything, i want to know exactly what we have done that constitutes a 9 point penalty, how much have we breached by to the pound and penny - if it adds up to a 9 point deduction then fair enough and it’s more Mel lies. If it doesn’t, then we’ve been totally done over -  exploited due to our position being in admin and needing closure to sell the club. If it’s never released then we know the answer. 

That all said, despite being angry at the EFL   the main person to blame for all of this is Mel. He plunged us into admin, he started the fight with the EFL and he ran away and both issues have contributed to us now being relegation certainties in November. 

I agree with you, but the extent to which we should blame Mel will never be known if there is no appeal. A proper examination of exactly why we went into admin is needed. And if Mel is to blame , fair enough but how will we ever know if the admin team just cave in without a proper appeal?

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well not really. Because the EFL only complain to the press if an independent panel reaches a decision they disagree with . If an EFL comprising Ridsdale , Gibson and co   come up with a decision we should accept it meekly because they are much more careful with their spending and always act with utmost integrity. Ask Gibson's chauffeur and as everyone knows Ridsdale is whiter than white. 

I always thought you were some gun-slinging yeehah cowboy called Pistol Pete, and quite frankly, I rather admired you for it... I've only just noticed that you are nothing of the sort, and that you are actually pist and old... but still called Pete.

I feel partly embarrassed that I've been reading your username wrong all this time, but if truth be told, I also feel a little cheated!  

This day just keeps going from bad to worse!   ?

10 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The trouble is, has Percy ever got anything wrong?

He has, especially since his DCFC source jogged him on, but in terms of these processes, it's pretty clear where he is getting his information and I fear that he will be proven correct again. I don't mind admitting that I felt physically sick reading his tweet. 

If worst comes to worst, then I guess we wipe our mouths, but right now I feel unhealthily bitter towards the EFL board, Gibson et al and It's really not a pleasant place to be.

COYR

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I always thought you were some gun-slinging yeehah cowboy called Pistol Pete, and quite frankly, I rather admired you for it... I've only just noticed that you are nothing of the sort, and that you are actually pist and old... but still called Pete.

I feel partly embarrassed that I've been reading your username wrong all this time, but if truth be told, I also feel a little cheated!  

This day just keeps going from bad to worse!   ?

#metoo

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The admin deduction? I don’t think it does. Only if you go into admin after relegation is confirmed.

Looked it up, and apparently it's if it happens after the fourth Thursday in March.